PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Spokane Street Musician Bryson Andres

Qtec
09-21-2012, 01:58 AM
Watch it. Brilliant.

Amazing.

link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPYGeELPpno)

Enjoy.

Q

eg8r
09-21-2012, 08:37 AM
That was freaking amazing. I had to start listening to all the videos of his on youtube that I could find. Thanks for posting that.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
09-21-2012, 10:01 AM
In the comments:

Skill level-- Asian.

LOL!

Great tonality and soundscaping, orchestra-like from one guy and some effects. Amazing.

eg8r
09-21-2012, 10:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great tonality and soundscaping, orchestra-like from one guy and some effects. Amazing. </div></div>I don't play any electric string instruments so I was just wondering how much control does a person have over "tone" for an electric instrument? I know for accoustic they can change the strings, adjust pressure ect, just wondering if is also true with electric string instruments.

After watching the video I sent it to a few of my friends from high school and college. It reminded me of when we used to play our instruments downtown on the corner. We never pulled a bunch of a cash (had to be divided) but it was a great time. Only one of us had skill like that guy and he is currently a studio musician (read: not me /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif ).

eg8r

Soflasnapper
09-21-2012, 07:06 PM
Think of tone on an electric guitar for a comparison.

The tone I referred to is a couple of things. The vibrato the player uses. How much the note is on tune, or needs to slide up or down into tune (vibrato again, somewhat). The crispness of the fingering in general-- are the notes distinct, clear. The bowing, etc.

Playing against riffs you yourself do is a great trick, but it's the playing he performs that is the most special to me.

eg8r
09-21-2012, 08:42 PM
I had to watch a bunch of his videos again. He really is great.

In college it was tough practicing my horn while living in dorms and apartments so I bought a Silent Mute. The cool thing about it was that I could run my own music through it and play along. While that carries zero the skill this guy has (since he can actually play the parts of the rest of the band also) it was cool being able to shred with some great bands. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r