PDA

View Full Version : Univision

eg8r
09-21-2012, 10:30 AM
It is good to see the media starting to hit Obama with real questions. Tough questions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"I want you to acknowledge that you did not keep your promise," co-host Jorge Ramos said in Spanish, noting that the president didn't deliver on his 2008 campaign pledge to push immigration reform during the first year of his term.</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"A promise is a promise," said a Univision interviewer, "and with all due respect, but you didn't keep that promise."

"Well, here's what I would say is that," the president responded, "and we've had this conversation before. There's the thinking that the president is somebody who is all powerful and can get everything done. We have to have cooperation from all these sources in order to get something done."
</div></div>All he takes credit for is being naive. Hey, everyone that is not a lefy knew that. We went so far as to say you couldn't do what you said you were going to do and then reminded you about it when you failed. Sorry lefties but the idiot promised a lot of things and failed miserably on every single one.

He lied to the Latino's when he said they were his top priority and then all he focused on was economy and healthcare.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Asked by Ramos to identify his biggest failure, Obama offered a quick response.

"Jorge, as you remind me, my biggest failure is that we haven't gotten comprehensive immigration reform done," he said. "But it's not for lack of trying or desire."
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In fact, Obama guaranteed that he would push for immigration. “I cannot guarantee that it is going to be in the first 100 days,” he said during his first campaign. “But what I can guarantee is that we will have in the first year an immigration bill that I strongly support and that I’m promoting.” (You can see him reiterating that promise in the Buzzfeed video above.)

Of course, Obama pushed the health care bill instead of immigration, which he passed with unanimous Democratic support in the Senate and Democratic-backing in the House.
</div></div>

CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57517282/obama-grilled-on-immigration-promise/)
Washington Examiner (http://washingtonexaminer.com/obama-refuses-to-admit-that-he-broke-his-promise-to-hispanic-voters/article/2508569)

eg8r

LWW
09-21-2012, 12:24 PM
<span style='font-size: 26pt'><span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'>I HEREBY DENOUNCE UNIVISION AS BEING NOTHING MORE THAN A BUNCH OF SUICIDAL, GENOCIDAL, HOMICIDAL, ZENOPHOBIC, HOMOPHOBIC AGENTS OF EMMANUEL GOLDSTEIN!</span></span>

Soflasnapper
09-21-2012, 06:41 PM
No, yours is a bogus attack, as is the reporter's.

Yes, it's true that he didn't do what he said he'd do.

However, you have to know when he said it to understand the context properly. He said it well before the late 2008 economic meltdown was a glimmer in Ben Bernanke's eye.

When something like a once in a century crisis hits, of course, all other assurances are off, and the priorities must be rejiggered, in a kind of triage. Very similar to a war breaking out. It simply dominates the agenda and scrambles other matters around.

It is the hyperpartisans or one-issue voters who are extremely naive about how these processes work.

The gay community expressed similar frustration about Obama's lack of action on their agenda, or the timing of it, just as they semi-crucified Clinton for his failings on gays in the military or other key parts of their agenda. They were wrong to judge Obama as failing on their agenda, as we see with how things have developed on several fronts over the past 3 years.

The contrast with Clinton having to IMMEDIATELY deal with gays in the military as one of his earliest issues (not that he chose that timing-- it was chosen for him as Sam Nunn picked that fight) is highly instructive. It cost Clinton a lot of early support, draining his political capital, and didn't much yield the result either he or the gay community wanted.

What Obama did on this subject is all he can do, within the powers of his office. He did not take this step in hopes that the equivalent pieces here that were in the Dream Act could become law, to last beyond his own EOs, and term in office. Had he taken these steps earlier, it would have foreclosed any opportunity for it to be passed as a law.

If Latinos or Hispanics hold this 'broken promise' against Obama, it sure is hard to see in the number breakout of their support. Perhaps it is because they know it wasn't a broken promise of volition, but a forced broken promise? Just a thought. They certainly are not seething with resentment-- rather, they have a lot of gratitude, surprising if he totally screwed them over with what they perceive as a broken promise or promises.

eg8r
09-21-2012, 08:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, yours is a bogus attack, as is the reporter's.

Yes, it's true that he didn't do what he said he'd do. </div></div>About time to see you man up and admit Obama did not do what he said he would do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">However, you have to know when he said it to understand the context properly. He said it well before the late 2008 economic meltdown was a glimmer in Ben Bernanke's eye. </div></div>LOL, you love to fall in a trap. I would have understood if Obama focused on the economy but that was never his intention even as it was crashing. All Obama could think about was Obamacare. That is it. He never really cared about immigration and the guy called him out on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When something like a once in a century crisis hits, of course, all other assurances are off, and the priorities must be rejiggered, in a kind of triage.</div></div>Yeah at that point Obama focused on Obamacare.

He failed, you admitted it what else is there to be said. Complete utter failure. LOL, I love how lefties look to Bush and his Mission Accomplished banner yet quickly forget about Obama claiming success for ordering the closure of Guantanamo by Jan 2010. How did that work out for him? LOL, about as well as it has worked out for latinos. Failure has followed him all the way.

What happened to the rest of the world looking at the US differently now that we have elected the great uniter? Didn't work out so well for our ambassador did it? Nope, the world doesn't look at us any different and Obama has not followed through on any of the hope and change he campaigned on. He has failed and that is why Hope and Change is no where to be seen. This year he admits he cannot change Washington. Failure.

eg8r

Qtec
09-22-2012, 02:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> According to a new report from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the health care reform law will help the average American under a traditional Medicare plan save $5,000 from 2010 to 2022.

Medicare beneficiaries who have high prescription costs will save even more — over $18,000 in the same time period — since Obamacare will help make Medicare prescription drug coverage more affordable for seniors by working to close the “donut hole” coverage gap. Already, in the short time period since the law was enacted, 5.5 million seniors and Americans with disabilities have saved over $4 billion on their prescription drugs. </div></div>

link (http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/09/21/887341/obamacare-seniors-save-5000/)

Q

Soflasnapper
09-22-2012, 09:09 AM
There are those who track Obama's campaign pledges for fulfillment, for breaking, for compromising, and for being in process. Oddly, given your claim of complete failure and breaking of all promises, they score far more pledges or promises fulfilled than broken. Besides the ones scored as pledges honored, there are many more on which something got done in a compromise, and still more that are scored in the works, pending.

You put on your Obama fail glasses, which I guess act as blinders for you to see what he's accomplished. Your choice.

It just leaves you perplexed and unable to provide any answer to why it is, how it is, that Obama's lead among Latinos borders on 3-1 over Romney. A complete failure, completely lied to them, totally did not do a thing (according to you anyway), and still has 40 percentage points on Ritt? Amazing.

Somebody must be fairly stupid, then. You'd say, I suppose, it must be the Latinos. Somehow, I think they'd disagree, and they know what's in their own interests better than the non-Latino Obama critics grasping at straws.

Reminds me of the constant drumbeat, that Jews should all oppose Obama, based on a tendentious reading of what is in the Jews' self-interest and what are their core values. Somehow, again, Obama gets the 70% share of their vote within a point or two of what he got last time.

Odd, isn't it, that all these outsiders telling interest groups what they should believe achieve so little success with them?

eg8r
09-22-2012, 06:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oddly, given your claim of complete failure and breaking of all promises, they score far more pledges or promises fulfilled than broken.</div></div>Sort of like they take credit for that pledge to close the jail because Obama passed an order to do so. They however forget to remove that point when Obama never actually closed the jail.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You put on your Obama fail glasses, which I guess act as blinders for you to see what he's accomplished. Your choice. </div></div>It is Obama's reality. He told us his most important issue was the economy but that isn't any better today than it was when he started. The American people are actually worse off now finanacially than they were when he started. That is an utter fail. The poor are going to be forced to pay for healthcare they already could not afford which is a fail. The list goes on and on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It just leaves you perplexed and unable to provide any answer to why it is, how it is, that Obama's lead among Latinos borders on 3-1 over Romney.</div></div>You are now talking out of your rear. To what post of mine leads you to believe I am perplexed about Obama's lead amongst the latinos? Are you dumb enough to think I don't know the mooching group would choose the handout king? They know who has the best chance of buttering their bread. It is important for them to remind Obama that he let them down. Why don't you get out of their way and let them do it. They intend on voting for him again and want to let him know he is not getting off scot-free.

How on earth do you miss the common sense that is all around you?

eg8r

Soflasnapper
09-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Sort of like they take credit for that pledge to close the jail because Obama passed an order to do so. They however forget to remove that point when Obama never actually closed the jail.

But they don't take credit for that, even though Obama signed an executive order to close Gitmo very early on.

Politifact has that as a broken promise, after keeping it in the 'stalled' category for a while, as of March of last year.

Their 'Obameter' rankings to date are:

The Obameter Scorecard

Promise Kept 192 (38%)

Compromise 73 (14%)

Promise Broken 84 (17%)

Stalled 47 (9%)

In the Works 110 (22%)

Not yet rated 2 (0%)

The promises kept outweigh the promises broken by over 2-1.

Combining the promises kept with those promises rated as passed through as a compromise exceed 50%.

This is their rating of over 500 Obama campaign promises.

Nice job libeling 70% of the Latinos in this country as moochers looking for handouts, btw. Same for Jews, in your view?

hondo
09-22-2012, 06:24 PM
"You are now talking out of your rear. To what post of mine leads you to believe I am perplexed about Obama's lead amongst the latinos? Are you dumb enough to think I don't know the mooching group would choose the handout king? They know who has the best chance of buttering their bread. It is important for them to remind Obama that he let them down. Why don't you get out of their way and let them do it. They intend on voting for him again and want to let him know he is not getting off scot-free.

How on earth do you miss the common sense that is all around you?"

eg8r

Exhibit 140.

Qtec
09-23-2012, 01:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MIAMI, Fla. — Mitt Romney's campaign took a hard line with the Spanish-language network Univision, making last-minute demands in the run-up to last week's town hall that helped insure his success in the forum, sources familiar with the broadcast told BuzzFeed.

When the Republican took his place Wednesday night in the first of two back-to-back candidate forums televised on the mega-network, he was greeted by an adoring, raucous crowd that cheered his every word, and booed many of the moderators' questions. The next night, President Obama was treated to stone cold silence from the audience as he was aggressively grilled on his lackluster immigration record.

The contrast was widely noted by observers who watched both forums — and it was glaring enough to evoke some boasting from the Romney campaign in the immediate aftermath.

"These forums are going to be watched by more Hispanics than watched the conventions," said Alberto Martinez, a Florida-based Romney adviser. "I think [Romney] did an amazing job, and I think it was pretty clear there wasn't the same excitement for President Obama."

But the enthusiasm gap may have been an optical illusion formed by a series of last-minute demands by the Romney campaign, according to Maria Elena Salinas, one of the Univision anchors who moderated the forums.

Salinas told BuzzFeed that tickets for each forum were divided between the network, the respective campaigns, and the University of Miami (which hosted the events) — and she said both campaigns initially agreed to keep the audience comprised mostly of students, in keeping with the events' education theme.

But after exhausting the few conservative groups on campus, the Romney camp realized there weren't enough sympathetic students to fill the stands on their night — so they told the network and university that if they weren't given an exemption to the students-only rule, they might have to "reschedule."

The organizers relented. One Democrat with ties to the Obama campaign noted that Rudy Fernandez, the university official charged with coordinating the forums, is a member of Romney's Hispanic steering committee. Fernandez did not respond to BuzzFeed's questions about whether he gave preferential treatment to Romney's campaign.

In any case, Romney's team was allowed to bus in rowdy activists from around southern Florida in order to fill the extra seats at their town hall.

Obama's campaign, meanwhile, stuck to the original parameters and allowed a large chunk of the tickets to be distributed to interested students on campus. The result was a quiet, well-behaved crowd — and a lot of no-shows. Minutes before Obama's forum was to begin, producers began frantically directing university staff and volunteers to sit in the empty seats.

Salinas said both candidates ultimately had partisan crowds at their forums, but that Romney's non-student activists ignored instructions to hold their applause.

"We were a little bit thrown because it was supposed to be a TV show, it wasn't a rally," Salinas said of the outspoken Romney supporters. "It was a little bit of disrespect for us." </div></div>

Read on. How Romney Packed The Univision Forum (http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/how-romney-packed-the-univision-forum)

Q

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While introducing Romney at the top of the broadcast, Salinas's co-anchor, Jorge Ramos, noted that the Republican candidate had agreed to give the network 35 minutes, and that Obama had agreed to a full hour the next night. Ramos then invited the audience to welcome Romney to the stage — <u>but the candidate didn't materialize.</u>

"It was a very awkward moment, believe me," Salinas said.

Apparently, Romney took issue with the anchors beginning the broadcast that way, said Salinas, and <u>he refused to go on stage until they re-taped the introduction.</u> (One Republican present at the taping said Romney "threw a tantrum.") </div></div>

LWW
09-23-2012, 05:01 AM
So you believe that 1 in 3 statements being a lie is proof of integrity?

Are you aware others can read what you post?

Qtec
09-23-2012, 06:17 AM
How about 530 LIES in 30 WEEKS? Is that a sign of integrity?

Name ANY SUBJECT and I will post something Romney said to the opposite.

Let me kick off.
MITTENS was PRO-CHOICE before he was ANTI-Choice before he was PRO-CHOICE! Lets start there.

Q

Q

LWW
09-23-2012, 07:50 AM
Thanks for, again, shamelessly attempting to change the topic away from dear leader's deceit.

Soflasnapper
09-23-2012, 10:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you believe that 1 in 3 statements being a lie is proof of integrity?

Are you aware others can read what you post? </div></div>

Are you aware that others can do simple quotients and know you've lied here?

Or take your innumerate bad self to the corner for the obligatory dunce cap time out.

Are you aware that breaking a promise isn't the same as telling a lie?

The scoring has it that there were 17% 'broken promises,' not 1 in 3 (i.e., **33%**) broken promises (so, half your figure, if we understand English words as poorly as you claim to), but actually, no showing that any of them were lies.

Promises made get broken all the time without there being any lie involved at all. "I'll be home at 5." I leave with extra time to spare to make sure that will happen, and then a 5 car collision keeps me parked on the highway in traffic an extra unexpected hour and half. Where is the lie for that broken promise? No lie, commitment made with full intent to fulfill it, but life happens.

eg8r
09-23-2012, 11:35 AM
What does this have to do with the subject? Oh, you did not like subject matter because it showed Obama to be the failure he really is? No problem, you are easy to read.

eg8r

eg8r
09-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Quit hypocritically shadowposting.

eg8r

eg8r
09-23-2012, 11:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Politifact has that as a broken promise, after keeping it in the 'stalled' category for a while, as of March of last year.</div></div>LOL, stalled? What is that, the category they use to soften the blow? Fail!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The promises kept outweigh the promises broken by over 2-1.</div></div>LOL, you keep forgetting reality which is Obama's biggest issue was the economy and he has failed miserably. He was more worried about Obamacare than he was with the economy. What does that leave us with, more people unemployed, of those that did find jobs they make less than before and now they all have a new tax coming that is disguised as a "benefit" which forces them to buy health insurance. He screwed Americans royally. For those wanting to get out of poverty, there is no chance with the damage Obama has done to them. The ones that are barely hanging on to the middle class can kiss that goodbye also.

eg8r

eg8r
09-23-2012, 11:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you aware that breaking a promise isn't the same as telling a lie? </div></div>It is more often a lie than not when talking about politicians. Obama lied to the latinos when he told them they were his priority when clearly Obamacare was the priority.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
09-23-2012, 01:02 PM
LOL, stalled? What is that, the category they use to soften the blow? Fail!

No, it was rated as 'stalled' because Obama did indeed issue his executive order to have it closed, and while the Congress refused to fund that closing to resite the inmates to domestic maximum security prisons, for a while it was unclear as to whether Obama had stopped trying to get Congress to act.

Upon Obama's change of proposed policies there, it then became clear that he had abandoned that push, so it was changed to a rating of 'broken promise' about March of last year.

you keep forgetting reality which is Obama's biggest issue was the economy and he has failed miserably.

You have the memory of a flea, apparently. There was no need to fix the economic calamity all the primary season, and into the fall campaign after the nomination was won, as the collapse had not happened and was not in prospect until late in the game. This showed up as the issue it was in September, and so could not have been the core of the Obama campaign.

Even when it broke, and in the time between September and January when Obama crafted his response, the depth of the decline was unknown for many months later until the initial numbers were heavily revised downwards.

eg8r
09-23-2012, 05:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it then became clear that he had abandoned that push, so it was changed to a rating of 'broken promise' about March of last year.</div></div>Well since he declared that it would happen in the first year do you really think those who are making these categories and populating them are really being too truthful about how they are choosing the placement of each item? Seriously, Obama states in November or December the site will not be closed and this group waits a quarter of a year to change the categorization.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have the memory of a flea, apparently. There was no need to fix the economic calamity all the primary season, and into the fall campaign after the nomination was won, as the collapse had not happened and was not in prospect until late in the game. This showed up as the issue it was in September, and so could not have been the core of the Obama campaign. </div></div>LOL, so having said that you further prove Univision, was absolutely spot on. Obama failed.

I went back and read the text from his inaugural address and found this to be quite funny. After looking back on his first 3 years you could say the cynics he refers to were dead on. What Obama failed to understand is that those cynics were realists and Obama was inexperienced and waaaaaay over his head.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For everywhere we look, there is work to be done. The state of our economy calls for action, bold and swift. And we will act, not only to create new jobs, but to lay a new foundation for growth. We will build the roads and bridges, the electric grids and digital lines that feed our commerce and bind us together. We'll restore science to its rightful place, and wield technology's wonders to raise health care's quality and lower its cost. We will harness the sun and the winds and the soil to fuel our cars and run our factories. And we will transform our schools and colleges and universities to meet the demands of a new age. All this we can do. All this we will do.
Now, there are some who question the scale of our ambitions, who suggest that our system cannot tolerate too many big plans. Their memories are short, for they have forgotten what this country has already done, what free men and women can achieve when imagination is joined to common purpose, and necessity to courage. What the cynics fail to understand is that the ground has shifted beneath them, that the stale political arguments that have consumed us for so long no longer apply. </div></div>

Create new jobs - FAIL
Build new roads and bridges - According to the left FAIL
Restore science - FAIL
Raise HC quality and lower cost - FAIL
Harness sun, wind, electric etc - FAIL
Transform colleges and universities - FAIL

Obama has been horrible. LOL, while I am quite happy he has failed the latinos I am sad to know they are ignorant enough to vote for him again.

eg8r

hondo
09-23-2012, 06:01 PM
Create new jobs - FAIL
Restore science - FAIL

LOL, while I am quite happy he has failed.

eg8r

i.e. Ed is QUITE happy that no new jobs were created.
Ed is Quite happy that no new roads and bridges were built.
Ed is quite happy that science was not restored.
Ed is quite happy that HC quality was not raised and costs lowered.
Ed is quite happy that efforts to harness sun, wind , elecrtic, etc, failed.
Ed is quite happy that efforts to transform colleges and universities failed.

And there you have it , folks. The reason why the new Republicans and their stooges the tea party hate America.
Their hate for Obama and their desire for a Republican POTUS are so intense that not only would they obstruct any effort Obama would make to improve our nation but they actually are quite happy that America is going down the shitter.

It's sad and it's sickening. " QUITE HAPPY " ?

Soflasnapper
09-23-2012, 08:26 PM
Well, opinions vary, and so forth. Substantial progress has been made on all those fronts, although you'd need an internet connection to find them at recovery.gov or whatever (maybe a search engine to find where that .gov link is). And of course, any interest in the truth. I suppose you have an internet link. The latter is what I'm now finding out is what you lack.

I guess you think it would be better for an incoming president to give a Carter-like malaise speech, and make no aspirational statements that you may well far short of, but which you reached for?

Do you think that's how coaches talk to their teams? Fellas, we're way overmatched out there, and we'll be lucky to win one or two games.

Even successful presidents fail to solve every ill in this country, since they lack the power to do so. Some who are later thought successful are seen as failures at the time, only to have a revised assessment later in their years in office, or by the lights of history a generation later.

You can't know how well they did unless you know what they were up against. World record holder Bolt might run well over 10 seconds in the 100 meter race if it was into a headwind of 20 mph. AND THAT WOULD BE A GREAT RESULT (in that circumstance).

This economy has been hollowed out over 30 years. It's been a bipartisan plan. We didn't realize we were living so far beyond our means, not just as a country, but as people and businesses in way too much debt, until the house of cards crumbled. We no longer have the vistas of our former house of cards penthouse heights-- we're in the mud, and need to rebuild.

So the question of why aren't we 5% ahead of 2009 every year like we used to be is wrong-headed. We no longer have that kind of economy, and the pretense that we did was maintained by smoke and mirrors for some decades now. A breeze blew away the smoke and the mirrors have been shattered, so we now see things more clearly.

No president in his right mind, or doing his job correctly, can say any of that. My fellow Americans, we are royally screwed for a generation or more. No, that would add hopelessness to our plate, and further depress things unnecessarily.

The presidency is a totem for this country, and we do best when we receive the inspiration of a soaring dream from the person holding that office. It was one of the secrets of the semi-successful, semi-unsuccessful Reagan presidency-- the American mythos, represented in a man.

eg8r
09-24-2012, 08:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you think that's how coaches talk to their teams? Fellas, we're way overmatched out there, and we'll be lucky to win one or two games.</div></div>So there it is, you want a coach, someone to lie to you. I want someone to tell the truth. I am sorry your morals are set so low.

eg8r

eg8r
09-24-2012, 08:05 AM
Hey lookie, honduh makes an attempt to talk about the subject. Too bad there was no value added.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
09-24-2012, 09:43 AM
Aspirational talk is not lying. Where do you get that?

It's a way to get the most out of people, by being positive, and setting high goals for yourself and them. Goals you may not hit, but which by reaching for, you exceed expectations and maximize performance and results.

Odd that you think any great coach who motivates his team can do so with lying. That's not the case.

One-dimensional thinker, you are. You mistake the map for the territory. I'm giving you ways to understand what I'm talking about with ANALOGIES, which you consider literal. You can't push an analogy beyond what is meant because it breaks down.

As to the Latinos bottom line, do they chose the party of the Arizona papers please policy, or the president whose administration sued in federal court to overturn those provisions? There is more than one thing Latinos are interested in.

eg8r
09-24-2012, 10:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As to the Latinos bottom line, do they chose the party of the Arizona papers please policy, or the president whose administration sued in federal court to overturn those provisions? There is more than one thing Latinos are interested in. </div></div>Yep but deep down you sure cringe when they express their belief that he has failed them. You would prefer only the good come out because some of those voting for him might now have second thoughts.

eg8r

hondo
09-24-2012, 02:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you think that's how coaches talk to their teams? Fellas, we're way overmatched out there, and we'll be lucky to win one or two games.</div></div>So there it is, you want a coach, someone to lie to you. I want someone to tell the truth. I am sorry your morals are set so low.

eg8r </div></div>

Exhibit 153.

hondo
09-24-2012, 02:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey lookie, honduh makes an attempt to talk about the subject. Too bad there was no value added.

eg8r </div></div>

Exhibit 154.

hondo
09-24-2012, 02:20 PM
"I'm giving you ways to understand what I'm talking about with ANALOGIES, which you consider literal."

Well put. This is why I have given up trying to discuss issues with Eg. When I use humor, he takes it literally. When I use analogies, he's lost so he takes a portion of it to "prove" I'm lying. Otherwise, he simply takes any part of it out of context that he can wrap his head around and ignores the meat of the argument.
Notice his response to the post where I exposed the nonsense in his arguments: " Wow, honduh trying to talk about the issues."

I don't want to stoop to his level but he is rather childish, isn't he?

LWW
09-24-2012, 03:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Create new jobs - FAIL
Restore science - FAIL

eg8r

And there you have it , folks. The reason why the new Republicans and their stooges the tea party hate America.
Their hate for Obama and their desire for a Republican POTUS are so intense that not only would they obstruct any effort Obama would make to improve our nation but they actually are quite happy that America is going down the shitter.

It's sad and it's sickening. " QUITE HAPPY " ? </div></div>

After that interpretation of Eg's comments ... I don't believe you ever passed a HS English class, much less taught one.

hondo
09-24-2012, 05:13 PM
That was simply precious!
I didn't "interpret" Ed's statements, Larry, I QUOTED him.
Surely you can see where your spin fails. Sorry about your luck.

LWW
09-24-2012, 05:20 PM
LIAR

hondo
09-24-2012, 05:22 PM
"After that interpretation of Eg's comments ... I don't believe you ever passed a HS English class, much less taught one."

Exhibit 150.

LWW
09-24-2012, 05:24 PM
Why did you delete your lie from what you quoted?

JohnnyD was right about you.

hondo
09-24-2012, 05:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LIAR </div></div>

Exhibit 151.

Where does it end ? Larry and Ed trash this forum with personal attack after personal attack and nary a warning.
Now I am being called a liar for directly quoting Ed. All one has to do is look at his post.

Larry, I'm truly sorry that your boy Romney is self-destructing but why take it out on me? Calm down. Every snuffy in America hates the Negro and love Limbaugh. Romney may win yet.

hondo
09-24-2012, 05:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why did you delete your lie from what you quoted?

JohnnyD/LWW was right about you. </div></div>

Seek help, my friend.

LWW
09-24-2012, 05:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LIAR </div></div>

Exhibit 151.

Where does it end ? Larry and Ed trash this forum with personal attack after personal attack and nary a warning.
Now I am being called a liar for directly quoting Ed. All one has to do is look at his post.

Larry, I'm truly sorry that your boy Romney is self-destructing but why take it out on me? Calm down. Every snuffy in America hates the Negro and love Limbaugh. Romney may win yet. </div></div>

There was no personal attack against you.

Had you not lied you would never have called a liar.

Since you in fact lied, calling you a liar is simply a statement of fact.

hondo
09-24-2012, 05:53 PM
It is apparently easier to call someone a liar than to actually show the lie. I am not going to play your little games, Larry.
After all these years I know you too well.
Unless you actually produce the lie, which , of course, you know you can't, I will not respond to your personal attacks other than keeping count in case the mod ever shows an interest.

I notice even Ed is embarrassed to enter your little game of words.

hondo
09-24-2012, 05:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Create new jobs - FAIL
Restore science - FAIL

eg8r

It's sad and it's sickening. " QUITE HAPPY " ? </div></div>

Above is what I said.

Here is what Ed said:

Create new jobs - FAIL
Restore science - FAIL

Obama has been horrible. LOL, "while I am quite happy he has failed" the latinos I am sad to know they are ignorant enough to vote for him again.

eg8r

From this johnny, I mean Larry, has called me a liar twice.
Only 2 posters remaining swallow his nonsense. Pretty obvious to see why.

hondo
09-24-2012, 06:03 PM
Let's assume that Ed is saying he's only happy about Obama failing the Latinos, look at his preface. LOL that Obama has been horrible at keeping the promises that would help America? LOL ? LOL? LOL?

Gayle in MD
09-24-2012, 07:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MIAMI, Fla. — Mitt Romney's campaign took a hard line with the Spanish-language network Univision, making last-minute demands in the run-up to last week's town hall that helped insure his success in the forum, sources familiar with the broadcast told BuzzFeed.

When the Republican took his place Wednesday night in the first of two back-to-back candidate forums televised on the mega-network, he was greeted by an adoring, raucous crowd that cheered his every word, and booed many of the moderators' questions. The next night, President Obama was treated to stone cold silence from the audience as he was aggressively grilled on his lackluster immigration record.

The contrast was widely noted by observers who watched both forums — and it was glaring enough to evoke some boasting from the Romney campaign in the immediate aftermath.

"These forums are going to be watched by more Hispanics than watched the conventions," said Alberto Martinez, a Florida-based Romney adviser. "I think [Romney] did an amazing job, and I think it was pretty clear there wasn't the same excitement for President Obama."

But the enthusiasm gap may have been an optical illusion formed by a series of last-minute demands by the Romney campaign, according to Maria Elena Salinas, one of the Univision anchors who moderated the forums.

Salinas told BuzzFeed that tickets for each forum were divided between the network, the respective campaigns, and the University of Miami (which hosted the events) — and she said both campaigns initially agreed to keep the audience comprised mostly of students, in keeping with the events' education theme.

But after exhausting the few conservative groups on campus, the Romney camp realized there weren't enough sympathetic students to fill the stands on their night — so they told the network and university that if they weren't given an exemption to the students-only rule, they might have to "reschedule."

The organizers relented. One Democrat with ties to the Obama campaign noted that Rudy Fernandez, the university official charged with coordinating the forums, is a member of Romney's Hispanic steering committee. Fernandez did not respond to BuzzFeed's questions about whether he gave preferential treatment to Romney's campaign.

In any case, Romney's team was allowed to bus in rowdy activists from around southern Florida in order to fill the extra seats at their town hall.

Obama's campaign, meanwhile, stuck to the original parameters and allowed a large chunk of the tickets to be distributed to interested students on campus. The result was a quiet, well-behaved crowd — and a lot of no-shows. Minutes before Obama's forum was to begin, producers began frantically directing university staff and volunteers to sit in the empty seats.

Salinas said both candidates ultimately had partisan crowds at their forums, but that Romney's non-student activists ignored instructions to hold their applause.

"We were a little bit thrown because it was supposed to be a TV show, it wasn't a rally," Salinas said of the outspoken Romney supporters. "It was a little bit of disrespect for us." </div></div>

Read on. How Romney Packed The Univision Forum (http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/how-romney-packed-the-univision-forum)

Q

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While introducing Romney at the top of the broadcast, Salinas's co-anchor, Jorge Ramos, noted that the Republican candidate had agreed to give the network 35 minutes, and that Obama had agreed to a full hour the next night. Ramos then invited the audience to welcome Romney to the stage — <u>but the candidate didn't materialize.</u>

"It was a very awkward moment, believe me," Salinas said.

Apparently, Romney took issue with the anchors beginning the broadcast that way, said Salinas, and <u>he refused to go on stage until they re-taped the introduction.</u> (One Republican present at the taping said Romney "threw a tantrum.") </div></div> </div></div>

The Ed Show interviewed one of the ladies who is connected with Univision, and this story has been confirmed, not only by the Univision hosts, but also by the local reporters who were there.

They praised the President for following the rules, and for taking questions for an hour, while Mitt refused to take questions for more than a half an hour, and the local reporters were there when he threw a fit over the fact that not enough youngsters showed up from the University Of Miami to fill the room.

Romney threatened to call off the whole thing.

Insisted on busing local supporters in, and then threatened to walk out again if the introduction was not retaped to his approval. He didn't think the bused in students, and the moderator who introduced him, made a big enough deal over his entrance, obviously.

Between that, and forcing the coal miners to take off work, losing a day of pay, in order to stand behind him like human props, for that photo-op, and also busing in people for the NAACP appearance, I think Romney should be nominated for next years daytime Emmy award for drama!

Basically the crux of this story is that Romney offended Hispanics.

Another big Romney "Act," similar to all of those coreographed familiar Bush theatrics.

When Romney's China/Iran/Canada oil deal is fully exposed,and becomes a more prominent news piece, Romney will have far more to explain to Americans than just how badly he cheated on his taxes!

Can't wait!

Rachel had a very good expose on the oil deal tonight.

Rachel also touched on the fact that Romney stated in another appearance, while talking about poor queen Ann's smoke filled flight, that he doesn't know why the windows in an "Airplane" don't open.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Can't make this idiotic Romney stuff up!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif
G.

eg8r
09-24-2012, 08:35 PM

eg8r

eg8r
09-24-2012, 08:40 PM
LOL, tough to respond when I am constantly laughing at you. What I have noticed is nobody from the left is responding to you even when you directly post to them.

I did not see what you posted or what lww is responding to. I did see the fact that you did not understand a single thing I posted and you have mis-interpreted everything I have posted in this thread. I do see that after promising to never respond to me you continue to hypocritically shadowpost me. You resorted to being nothing but a troll.

eg8r

hondo
09-24-2012, 09:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, tough to respond when I am constantly laughing at you. What I have noticed is nobody from the left is responding to you even when you directly post to them.

I did not see what you posted or what lww is responding to. I did see the fact that you did not understand a single thing I posted and you have mis-interpreted everything I have posted in this thread. I do see that after promising to never respond to me you continue to hypocritically shadowpost me. You resorted to being nothing but a troll.

eg8r </div></div>

EXHIBIT 155.

eg8r
09-25-2012, 07:53 AM

eg8r

LWW
09-25-2012, 09:24 AM
He can't help it ... he has to take meds just to control his bladder, and you ask that he control a keyboard?

hondo
09-25-2012, 03:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He can't help it ... he has to take meds just to control his bladder, and you ask that he control a keyboard? </div></div>

Exhibit 151.

LWW
09-26-2012, 04:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He can't help it ... he has to take meds just to control his bladder, and you ask that he control a keyboard? </div></div>

Exhibit 151. </div></div>

You stated that, I only reported what you said ... but I admittedly used a questionable source.

hondo
09-26-2012, 05:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He can't help it ... he has to take meds just to control his bladder, and you ask that he control a keyboard? </div></div>

Exhibit 151. </div></div>

You stated that, I only reported what you said ... but I admittedly used a questionable source. </div></div>

Think about it, Larry. If I wouldn't pee on you if your heart was on fire, I can obviously control my bladder.
BTW, I don't remember the context in which I would say something like that but I have no doubt you can call up a post immediately.
Your obsession with me borders on downright creepy. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

eg8r
09-26-2012, 07:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Think about it, Larry. If I wouldn't pee on you if your heart was on fire, I can obviously control my bladder.</div></div>No it doesn't. It only means that you have better aim than you thought.

eg8r