PDA

View Full Version : Piss Christ back on Display at NY

llotter
09-21-2012, 05:35 PM
I hope to be able to catch the administration's commercial condemning this display by stating that they "reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others" and that they "absolutely reject its content and message" online somewhere. Probably on msnbc.com or the New York Times website, I'm sure.

DiabloViejo
09-21-2012, 05:43 PM
Maybe you can gather an angry mob of right wing fundamentalists and go on a shooting spree to help out your cause.

Soflasnapper
09-21-2012, 05:59 PM
Thank God it's back!!!

Rudy tried his Taliban imitator act on this one, iirc, and tried to get it banned.

The courts slapped him down, of course.

Update: I did NOT remember correctly. To my surprise, Rudy did not yell about this one. Reason: the museum holding its exhibit was run by a large donor to Rudy. Whore.

cushioncrawler
09-21-2012, 06:05 PM
According to Islamic tradition which describes this graphically, Jesus' descent will be in the midst of wars fought by the Mahdi (lit. "the rightly guided one"), known in Islamic eschatology as the redeemer of Islam, against the Antichrist (al-Masīh ad-Dajjāl, "False messiah") and his followers.[26] Jesus will descend at the point of a white arcade, east of Damascus, dressed in yellow robes – his head anointed. He will then join the Mahdi in his war against the Antichrist. Jesus, considered as a Muslim, will abide by the Islamic teachings. Eventually, Jesus will slay the Antichrist, and then everyone from the People of the Book (ahl al-kitāb, referring to Jews and Christians) will believe in him. Thus, there will be one community, that of Islam.[27]

Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 43: Kitab-ul-`Ilm (Book of Knowledge), Hâdith Number 656:

Narrated Abu Hurairah: Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until the son of Mary (i.e. Jesus) descends amongst you as a just ruler, he will break the cross, kill the pigs, and abolish the Jizya tax. Money will be in abundance so that nobody will accept it (as charitable gifts)"
—Collected by Muhammad al-Bukhari, Sahih al-Bukhari[28]
After the death of the Mahdi, Jesus will assume leadership. This is a time associated in Islamic narrative with universal peace and justice. Islamic texts also allude to the appearance of Ya'juj and Ma'juj (known also as Gog and Magog), ancient tribes which will disperse and cause disturbance on earth. God, in response to Jesus' prayers, will kill them by sending a type of worm in the napes of their necks.[26] Jesus' rule is said to be around forty years, after which he will die. Muslims will then perform the funeral prayer for him and then bury him in the city of Medina in a grave left vacant beside Muhammad, Abu Bakr, and Umar (companions of Muhammad and the first and second Sunni caliphs (Rashidun) respectively).[5]

Some Muslims also hold to the apocryphal prophecies regarding the coming of the Paraclete (Praiseworthy One), such as that in the Epistle of the Apostles, as referring to Muhammad.

cushioncrawler
09-21-2012, 06:15 PM
Muslim universal peace and justice sounds wonderfull. Especially after gog and magog are killed by Allah. Neck worms are peacefull little critters.

No crosses, no pigs, no tax, money in abundance, and no need for charity.
Meanwhile, back in Washington, Congress will be debating gridlock.
mac.

cushioncrawler
09-21-2012, 06:32 PM
Kood Ya'juj and Ma'juj (gog and magog) be the GOP and the Dems??????
mac.

eg8r
09-21-2012, 07:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank God it's back!!!

Rudy tried his Taliban imitator act on this one, iirc, and tried to get it banned.

The courts slapped him down, of course. </div></div>Since your memory wasn't so great any chance you remember why it went away in the first place?

eg8r

LWW
09-21-2012, 10:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe you can gather an angry mob of right wing fundamentalists and go on a shooting spree to help out your cause. </div></div>

It's a shame what the public schools did to you.

Stretch
09-21-2012, 11:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe you can gather an angry mob of right wing fundamentalists and go on a shooting spree to help out your cause. </div></div>

It's a shame what the public schools did to you. </div></div>

I suppose you went to private schools? St.

Gayle in MD
09-22-2012, 07:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe you can gather an angry mob of right wing fundamentalists and go on a shooting spree to help out your cause. </div></div>

Please, don't give him any ideas! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
09-22-2012, 07:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank God it's back!!!

The courts slapped him down, of course.

Update: I did NOT remember correctly. To my surprise, Rudy did not yell about this one. Reason: the museum holding its exhibit was run by a large donor to Rudy. Whore. </div></div>

Good ol' 'A noun, a verb, and nine eleven' is always up for some financial exploitation.

G.

hondo
09-22-2012, 06:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe you can gather an angry mob of right wing fundamentalists and go on a shooting spree to help out your cause. </div></div>

I suppose you went to private schools? St. </div></div>

Home schooled. Can't you tell? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

DiabloViejo
09-22-2012, 06:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe you can gather an angry mob of right wing fundamentalists and go on a shooting spree to help out your cause. </div></div>

Really? Please tell me what all those nuns, priests, brothers, and Catholic lay teachers were doing there all during elementary school and high school? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I love it when you shoot from the hip without knowing diddley squat about what you're talking about. (Which is roughly about 90% of the time.)

OK, now you and lloter run along over to Free Republic to have Jim and his minions provide you with a new manufactured rage topic and then get back to us. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

LWW
09-23-2012, 04:58 AM
So you were too low in IQ for even private schools to help?

I wasn't going there ... but it is an adequate explanation.

Qtec
09-23-2012, 05:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you were too low in IQ for even private schools to help?

I wasn't going there ... but it is an adequate explanation. </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>What is your excuse?</span>

Q

hondo
09-23-2012, 07:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you were too low in IQ for even private schools to help?

Exhibit 128.

LWW
09-23-2012, 07:46 AM
I need no excuse.

LWW
09-23-2012, 07:48 AM
Thanks again for blindly defending those who blaspheme against Christ.

hondo
09-23-2012, 08:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks again for blindly defending those who blaspheme against Christ. </div></div>

I have NEVER blindly defended your alter ego johnny. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

hondo
09-23-2012, 08:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need no excuse. </div></div>

I can't believe Q said that! Doesn't he realize Larry Wilson is a bloomin' genius?

Soflasnapper
09-23-2012, 10:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks again for blindly defending those who blaspheme against Christ. </div></div>

Thanks again for demonstrating 'blaspheme' is another word you don't know the meaning of.

LWW
09-23-2012, 11:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks again for blindly defending those who blaspheme against Christ. </div></div>

Thanks again for demonstrating 'blaspheme' is another word you don't know the meaning of. </div></div>

So if "PISS-CHRIST" doesn't qualify as blasphemy, what would?

Soflasnapper
09-23-2012, 01:15 PM
The spoken word is the key ingredient.

A description that is accurate does not count.

Had Serrano SAID 'Christ is piss,' or something of that sort, or if that had been his meaning, it would be closer.

That isn't the case. The 'artist' has long used his bodily fluids as part of the 'art,' and a cheap tiny plastic crucifix is what is being degraded, not Christ Himself. That is, the entire name for this piece is 'Immersion: Piss-Christ.'

DiabloViejo
09-23-2012, 01:29 PM

Your troll skills are failing you. Your contumelious derogations are boorish and stale.

I'd call you frivolous and childish, but kids are pure of spirit, innocent, and filled with kindness, while you are simply full of hate, ignorance, and sh*t.

Yes, yours is a Neanderthal brain in a Cro-Magnon body. You blissfully drool as you enjoy your mental dwarfism... as a result of which, you have the IQ of a log.

You'd do well to remember this quote from Abe Lincoln: “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”

eg8r
09-23-2012, 05:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and a cheap tiny plastic crucifix is what is being degraded, not Christ Himself. </div></div>I could understand how you could come to this immature conclusion however the crucifix has more meaning than just two pieces of wood nailed together.

If it was a picture of Jesus that he was pissing on would you also take the immature defense that he was just degrading a piece of paper?

eg8r

Soflasnapper
09-24-2012, 10:14 AM
Not as to the intent, but as to the fact, yes.

Pictures of the US flag can be burnt without anyone getting riled up. A picture of something is not the thing.

Sure, someone doing something so disrespectful as you ask about would be offensive. Guess what, though? As Christians, we can't do much about it. Even anger is advised against, all over the Bible.

eg8r
09-24-2012, 10:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not as to the intent, but as to the fact, yes.</div></div>LOL, dumbest answer from you in a while. Intent is the only reason to call it blasphemy. He was doing something on purpose. Since he did not have access to the real crucifix, or Jesus himself you try and act like his "intent" did not mean anything that we have to just look at what physically was happening.

As far as whether we can do anything about it, well that is a strawman you can discuss with yourself in the mirror.

eg8r

hondo
09-24-2012, 02:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not as to the intent, but as to the fact, yes.

Pictures of the US flag can be burnt without anyone getting riled up. A picture of something is not the thing.

Sure, someone doing something so disrespectful as you ask about would be offensive. Guess what, though? As Christians, we can't do much about it. Even anger is advised against, all over the Bible. </div></div>

YOU ARE WRONG, BLASPHEMER! WE MUST KILL THE INFIDELS! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

hondo
09-24-2012, 02:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not as to the intent, but as to the fact, yes.</div></div>LOL, dumbest answer from you in a while. Intent is the only reason to call it blasphemy. He was doing something on purpose. Since he did not have access to the real crucifix, or Jesus himself you try and act like his "intent" did not mean anything that we have to just look at what physically was happening.

As far as whether we can do anything about it, well that is a strawman you can discuss with yourself in the mirror.

eg8r </div></div>

Exhibit 156.

LWW
09-24-2012, 03:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and a cheap tiny plastic crucifix is what is being degraded, not Christ Himself. </div></div>I could understand how you could come to this immature conclusion however the crucifix has more meaning than just two pieces of wood nailed together.

If it was a picture of Jesus that he was pissing on would you also take the immature defense that he was just degrading a piece of paper?

eg8r </div></div>

If the party told him to, he would.

Soflasnapper
09-24-2012, 04:40 PM
Which party would that be?

What parties take positions on artwork?

I seem to remember one party wanting to make burning the American flag illegal, but there were two problems at least with that position. One, the SCOTUS said it was protected speech under the 1st amendment, and more importantly, the flag code itself prescribes that flags be burned out of respect.

eg8r
09-24-2012, 08:21 PM
Quit hypocritically shadowposting.

eg8r