PDA

View Full Version : Paul Ryan Booed Throughout AARP Speech

Qtec
09-22-2012, 04:30 AM
LOL. They ain't buying his snake oil crap!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Paul Ryan’s speech to AARP’s national conference in New Orleans did not go over too well with the audience.

The Republican vice presidential nominee, who has led his party in proposing a privatization plan for Medicare, drew repeated jeers and catcalls as he made the case for Mitt Romney’s platform on entitlements.

Easily the worst moments came as Ryan discussed repealing the Affordable Care Act, which increased prescription drug and preventive service benefits for seniors.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>“The first step to a stronger Medicare is to repeal ‘Obamacare,’” Ryan said, prompting a chorus of boos. After the outcry, he said: “I had a feeling there would be mixed reaction, so let me get into it.”</span>

He drew a second wave of disapproval for saying the president’s law “turned Medicare into a piggy bank for ‘Obamacare.’” <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Ryan was referring to $716 billion in Medicare savings enacted by the ACA — savings he himself has included in two budgets — that largely came out of payments to insurance providers.</span>

Another tough response from the crowd came as Ryan attacked Obama as a cynical failure for not negotiating changes to Social Security cuts with Republicans.

“Time and again the president has ducked the tough issues,” Ryan said. “He put his own job security over your retirement security. Of course he said he would be willing to work with Republicans, but he has not moved an inch closer to common ground. When it comes to bipartisanship, it’s easy to talk the talk but there is only one man running for president this year who has actually walked the walk: that man is Mitt Romney.” </div></div>

link to video (http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/09/video-paul-ryan-booed-throughout-aarp-speech.php?ref=fpnewsfeed)

Ryan, still lying.

He has the gall to say this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Of course he said he would be willing to work with Republicans, but he has not moved an inch closer to common ground. </div></div>

BS! Every time the Dems have worked to accommodate the GOP it turns out they were just stalling. From the recent veteran bill.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Murray even tried to include most of the provisions of a competing Republican bill but Democrats still ran into opposition. <u>Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) said he would block the measure until the Pakistani doctor that aided the CIA in looking for Osama bin Laden was freed,</u> while Coburn claimed the bill would have no chance of passing the House so it wasn’t worth the effort.

“I’ve been surprised at the many obstacles and weird arguments that have been thrown at us,” Murray told the Washington Post.</div></div>

So the Dems compromised and still the GOP still voted against it. Just like they did with the ACA. Just like they have done so many times before.

They cry about jobs but Obama CAME with a Jobs bill more than a year ago but the GOP won't even let it come up for a vote.

Q

Gayle in MD
09-22-2012, 07:05 AM
Did you see the clips that showed most of the audience walking out on Ryan?
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
Really brought some joy to my heart!

Maybe this will be our autumn awakening! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

G.

llotter
09-22-2012, 07:16 AM
I would never vote for anyone that get cheers or support from the AARP, a leftist money grubbing organization...another in a long list of 'community organizations' designed to manipulate and profit off an inattentive public by those unable to otherwise earn a productive living (see The Moron).

I probably won't vote for Romney-Ryan but it is a point in his favor that he didn't simply tell the audience what he know they wanted to hear, like most politicians.

Gayle in MD
09-22-2012, 07:41 AM
MORE RW BS.

Guess you haven't heard. It's the Fux Noise folks who are low information voters.

FYI, retired people in this country PAID for their
Social Security and Medicare. Repuglicans want to take it away from them, and end it for all future generations.

Republicans are only interested in "Fixing" things so that the rich can continue to steal from everyone else.

So you're now you tell us you're against community organizations, huh?

Does that include all of the tax exempt churches?

AARP isn't a community organization, FYI. It is a national organization.

Do you ever get anything straight?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif