PDA

View Full Version : Mitt: Why no roll down windows on planes?

DiabloViejo
09-24-2012, 04:35 PM
<span style='font-size: 14pt'><span style="color: #000099">Who's the real Moron? What's next? Screen doors on submarines?</span></span>

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Romney Doesnít Understand Why You Canít Roll Down Windows On A Plane</span>
By Annie-Rose Strasser on Sep 24, 2012 at 2:05 pm
thinkprogress.com (http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/09/24/899441/romney-plane-windows/)

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Ann-Romney-Plane-e1348509501646.jpg
<span style='font-size: 8pt'>Fire fighters board Ann Romney's plane</span>

On Monday, Mitt Romney offered a remedy to the problem that caused his wifeís airplane to land prematurely last week: Allow passengers to roll down the airplane windows.

Ann Romneyís plane was grounded Friday after the main cabin filled with smoke. The small electrical fire caused no injuries, but apparently did cause the Presidential candidate to forget the dangers of altitude.

ďWhen you have a fire in an aircraft, thereís no place to go, exactly,Ē he told the LA Times (http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-romney-beverly-hills-fundraiser-20120922,0,2317962.story) . ďAnd you canít find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows donít open. I donít know why they donít do that. Itís a real problem.Ē

Air crafts do not open windows because the cabins are pressurized to fly safely at an altitude of tens of thousand feet. Opening a window in an airplane would seriously sicken the passengers and crew.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'><span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style="color: #000099">LOL I wonder if he followed that up with a remark like this:

"If you're sucked out of an open airplane window, just go to the emergency room for Pete's sake!"</span></span></span>

Soflasnapper
09-24-2012, 04:42 PM
For a supposedly smart guy, quite the fool.

But he speaks French fluently. So there's that.

Wait now, just a second! Are we sure this is not from The Onion? LOL!

LWW
09-24-2012, 05:35 PM
Are you truly that desperate ... or that stupid?

Planes do not need to be pressurized until altitudes reach iver 10,000 feet.

The odds of someone being sucked trough a window is a HOLLYWOOD myth.

Soflasnapper
09-24-2012, 05:57 PM
All large commercial planes fly at 10k plus altitudes, and need to be pressurized.

Having roll down windows that could be deployed to depressurize the cabin when flying at altitude is a very bad idea, and so, naturally, you don't find such things on large commercial planes.

Qtec
09-24-2012, 06:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you truly that desperate ... or that stupid?

The odds of someone being sucked trough a window is a HOLLYWOOD myth. </div></div>

what a dork you are! (http://www.nytimes.com/1990/06/11/world/4-miles-over-britain-pilot-is-sucked-out-crew-holds-on-tight.html)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">4 Miles Over Britain Pilot Is Sucked Out; Crew Holds On Tight
By SHEILA RULE, Special to The New York Times
Published: June 11, 1990

Sign In to E-Mail
Print
Single-Page

The pilot of a passenger plane was partly sucked out of the cabin window onto the nose cone of the jet today after its windshield blew out at 23,000 feet. But he was saved by crew members who clung to his ankles for 15 minutes until the co-pilot landed the plane safely in southern England. </div></div>

Q

Gayle in MD
09-24-2012, 07:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'><span style="color: #000099">Who's the real Moron? What's next? Screen doors on submarines?</span></span>

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Romney Doesnít Understand Why You Canít Roll Down Windows On A Plane</span>
By Annie-Rose Strasser on Sep 24, 2012 at 2:05 pm
thinkprogress.com (http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/09/24/899441/romney-plane-windows/)

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Ann-Romney-Plane-e1348509501646.jpg
<span style='font-size: 8pt'>Fire fighters board Ann Romney's plane</span>

On Monday, Mitt Romney offered a remedy to the problem that caused his wifeís airplane to land prematurely last week: Allow passengers to roll down the airplane windows.

Ann Romneyís plane was grounded Friday after the main cabin filled with smoke. The small electrical fire caused no injuries, but apparently did cause the Presidential candidate to forget the dangers of altitude.

ďWhen you have a fire in an aircraft, thereís no place to go, exactly,Ē he told the LA Times (http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-romney-beverly-hills-fundraiser-20120922,0,2317962.story) . ďAnd you canít find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows donít open. I donít know why they donít do that. Itís a real problem.Ē

Air crafts do not open windows because the cabins are pressurized to fly safely at an altitude of tens of thousand feet. Opening a window in an airplane would seriously sicken the passengers and crew.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'><span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style="color: #000099">LOL I wonder if he followed that up with a remark like this:

"If you're sucked out of an open airplane window, just go to the emergency room for Pete's sake!"</span></span></span>

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's next? Screen doors on submarines?
</div></div>

BWA HA HA HA!

Jeeze, the man is frightening!

I still think he might be minimally retarded!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

DiabloViejo
09-24-2012, 07:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you truly that desperate ... or that stupid?

The odds of someone being sucked trough a window is a HOLLYWOOD myth. </div></div>

Ahhh, yet another instance of you projecting your own fears of intellectual inadequacy onto another person. *Yawn*... Face it, you are boring, stale, insipid, and cretinous. I am also convinced that you are suffering from severe chronic constipation which in turn affects your mind adversely. (BTW,I'm not sure "suffering" is the right word as I am inclined to believe that you rather enjoy being full of waste.)

After much thought and careful consideration, I leave you with this advice to help you on your way...eat it raw, fuzz-nuts! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

DiabloViejo
09-24-2012, 08:06 PM
If elected, Mittens will commission the design of a new submarine that will have screen doors for cross ventilation and skylights. The first one will be the SSN Kochsucker. It will revolutionize modern sub design! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

eg8r
09-24-2012, 08:50 PM
LOL, I am not going to lie, this quote from Romney is freaking funny as crap.

eg8r

LWW
09-25-2012, 04:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All large commercial planes fly at 10k plus altitudes, and need to be pressurized.

Having roll down windows that could be deployed to depressurize the cabin when flying at altitude is a very bad idea, and so, naturally, you don't find such things on large commercial planes. </div></div>

Surely even someone of your meager logic skills can figure out that a plane traveling above 10K feet must descend below 10K feet in order to land.

LWW
09-25-2012, 04:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you truly that desperate ... or that stupid?

what a dork you are! (http://www.nytimes.com/1990/06/11/world/4-miles-over-britain-pilot-is-sucked-out-crew-holds-on-tight.html)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">4 Miles Over Britain Pilot Is Sucked Out; Crew Holds On Tight
By SHEILA RULE, Special to The New York Times
Published: June 11, 1990

Sign In to E-Mail
Print
Single-Page

The pilot of a passenger plane was partly sucked out of the cabin window onto the nose cone of the jet today after its windshield blew out at 23,000 feet. But he was saved by crew members who clung to his ankles for 15 minutes until the co-pilot landed the plane safely in southern England. </div></div>

Q </div></div>

Have you ever been on an airliner?

Have you ever noticed that the windshield is quite large while the passenger windows are quite small?

Did you read your own link? Did you notice it was regarding a flight well above 10K feet?

Qtec
09-25-2012, 05:13 AM
Do you know why you can't roll down the window in an airliner?

THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got it yet?

NO???????????

Here it comes.

Dorks like you might or Mitt just want some fresh air at 40,000 Ft and roll down the window!

Idiot.

Q......LMAO.........roll down the window!!!!!!

Qtec
09-25-2012, 06:27 AM
This is the second time in one week that Mittens has disqualified himself from the supreme office.

How he made so much money I will never know. The guy is a moron.

Q

Soflasnapper
09-25-2012, 07:10 AM
Surely even someone of your meager logic skills can figure out that a plane traveling above 10K feet must descend below 10K feet in order to and.

Yes, and generally start off about sea level, or not much above. Fascinating points, and thanks.

Not pertinent to my comments, of course.

LWW
09-25-2012, 09:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Surely even someone of your meager logic skills can figure out that a plane traveling above 10K feet must descend below 10K feet in order to and.

Yes, and generally start off about sea level, or not much above. Fascinating points, and thanks.

Not pertinent to my comments, of course. </div></div>

So you know even less than I thought.

LWW
09-25-2012, 09:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is the second time in one week that Mittens has disqualified himself from the supreme office.

How he made so much money I will never know. The guy is a moron.

Q </div></div>

Oh he's unqualified on many counts ... it just cracks me up how the cabal self righteously refuses to judge candidates by a single standard.