PDA

View Full Version : Amazing pic; every one a Galaxy!

Qtec
09-25-2012, 01:25 AM
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/images/royal-observatory-winner4.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Situated almost 250 million light-years away from us, The Perseus Cluster, also known as Abell 426, contains more than 500 catalogued galaxies. Some are spirals like the Milky Way while others are giant, smooth elliptical systems. Together they form one of the largest structures in the Universe. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Each smudge of light in this photograph contains millions, if not billions, of stars.</span> </div></div>

Q

cushioncrawler
09-25-2012, 03:47 AM
Stars are of course galaxys, ie groups of stars.
The only stars that really are stars are the stars in our galaxy the milky way. And theze really aint stars at all, they are suns, allbeit different types. Not to mention black hole stars/suns.

I wonder if there are any/many lonely solitary sols, ie not in a proper galaxy, just wondering throo the universe, untill trapped in a galaxy. Must be some.

Anyhow, modern aether theory says that the universe iz infinit and haz cellular structure (each 300 million light years) with clusters of galaxys at nodal points and major clusters with massiv black holes at major nodes.
mac.

Kan we hav your liver then?????

Qtec
09-25-2012, 04:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stars are of course galaxys, ie groups of stars. </div></div>

Eh, no. Galaxy's are groups of stars.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only stars that really are stars are the stars in our galaxy the milky way. And theze really aint stars at all, they are suns, allbeit different types </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A star is a massive, luminous sphere of plasma held together by gravity. The nearest star to Earth is the Sun, which is the source of most of the energy on the planet. </div></div>

The Sun is just the name we have given to our nearest star.

My point is that we are insignificant when you look at the overall picture. The Earth is a million times smaller than our moderate sized star, the Sun.
Compare that to the pic I posted. 500 Galaxys containing billions of stars and possibly trillions of planets.it makes us look pretty insignificant.

... and the USA RW God party tells us that the USA has to go along with everything the JEWS want because they are GOD,S chosen people!!!!

GOD really cares if someone takes contraceptives to avoid pregnancy and therefore reduce the chance of abortion.

.. But I digress.

Q

cushioncrawler
09-25-2012, 05:38 AM
U are korrekt about the sun. There iz only one sun.

And it appears that u are korrekt that stars are mostly suns.
I thort that stars are mostly galaxies and clusters of galaxies, but i now find that there are 6500 stars visible to the naked eye, and some clusters of stars, and praps only 10 galaxies, and some clusters of galaxies, and some super clusters, and some clouds of matter. So i havta agree that stars are suns.

In total telescopes etc can see 80 billion galaxies, and kan or karnt see 6 by 10^22 stars in the observable universe.
mac.

Qtec
09-25-2012, 06:17 AM
I'm not here to score points Mac.
When I look at that pic, I realise how insignificant we are.
When someone tells me this was all made just for us, I am sceptical.

Q

cushioncrawler
09-25-2012, 06:43 AM
The Holey Bible tells us that stars are fixed in the firmament. And that Heaven iz up there somewhere.
The Holey Bible allso informs us that that that, hmmmmmm, shit, it dont tell us any more than that really. Excepting of course it duzz tell us Who made that. Allho i think it woz obama that sayd that He didnt make all that.
mac.

cushioncrawler
09-25-2012, 06:53 AM
Funny thing. Christianity iz a breakaway jewish moovment. And islam iz a breakaway christian moovment. Muhamad allready had the groundwork of islam established all throo that area before he woz born. He (mostly others) just codyfyed that moovment. Same story az christianity -- modern christians just codyfyed what woz allready there, but mostly made it up, but mostly based it on very old stuff. Islam likewiz like i allready sayd. The main diff being that jesus christ didnt exist but muhamad did.
Mormonizm iz similar to islam, mormonizm iz a breakaway christian group, with a new prophet and a new old code.
mac.

Qtec
09-25-2012, 07:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Holey Bible tells us that stars are fixed in the firmament </div></div>

That might be true but the Church has now accepted that the Earth actually DOES revolve around the Sun.

It took a while.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Galileo's championing of heliocentrism was controversial within his lifetime, when most subscribed to either geocentrism or the Tychonic system.[9] He met with opposition from astronomers, who doubted heliocentrism due to the absence of an observed stellar parallax.[9] The matter was investigated by the Roman Inquisition in 1615, and they concluded that it could be supported as only a possibility, not an established fact.[9][10] Galileo later defended his views in Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems, which appeared to attack Pope Urban VIII and thus alienated him and the Jesuits, who had both supported Galileo up until this point.[9] He was tried by the Inquisition, found <span style='font-size: 20pt'>"vehemently suspect of heresy", forced to recant, and spent the rest of his life under house arrest.</span>[11][12] It was while Galileo was under house arrest that he wrote one of his finest works, Two New Sciences, in which he summarised the work he had done some forty years earlier, on the two sciences now called kinematics and strength of materials.[13][14] </div></div>

Q

eg8r
09-25-2012, 08:10 AM
Pretty cool.

eg8r

eg8r
09-25-2012, 08:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... and the USA RW God party tells us that the USA has to go along with everything the JEWS want because they are GOD,S chosen people!!!!</div></div>You had to make this political and then lie as soon as you do? What is the point then?

eg8r

LWW
09-25-2012, 09:56 AM
Brah was wrong, the Sun doesn't revolve around the Earth ... and Copernicus was wrong because the Earthis, in fact, the center of the universe.

This doesn't make any of the observers foolish ... it only proves that, for the most part, each new generation expands on the knowledge obtained by those who came before them.

cushioncrawler
09-25-2012, 05:26 PM
Funny thing. Kopernikus might hav reinvented that the earth and planets revolved around the sun, but all the same he assumed that the revolving woz in a heavenly circle, turned by God. There woz no idea about empty space and gravity.
He got it right but for the wrong reasons.
mac.

cushioncrawler
09-25-2012, 05:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brah was wrong, the Sun doesn't revolve around the Earth ... and Copernicus was wrong because the Earthis, in fact, the center of the universe. This doesn't make any of the observers foolish ... it only proves that, for the most part, each new generation expands on the knowledge obtained by those who came before them.</div></div>Untill one day the Taliban rule Congress and a Taliban prez sits in the White Mosque.
mac.

eg8r
09-25-2012, 06:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Untill one day the Taliban rule Congress and a Taliban prez sits in the White Mosque.</div></div>LOL, and when that happens gaylio will praise them for being such a peaceful religion.

eg8r