PDA

View Full Version : Miami Dolphins

eg8r
09-30-2012, 07:13 PM
Man this is going to be a long season. Tannehill is definitely playing better than I ever thought he would and that is a great thing. The problem is that while I like the excitement of them keeping the games close it would be nice to keep the lead when they have it.

eg8r

LWW
10-01-2012, 02:43 AM
Amazingly ... the Bungles are 3-1.

Soflasnapper
10-01-2012, 09:53 AM
Tannehill is drawing comparisons to Marino.

He threw for more yards as a rookie than any other Miami Dolphin (meaning, including Marino, already). His yards were the 7th highest by any Dolphin QB, 1-6th performances by Marino, with more seasoning.

That's after trading away receivers so much that even Dolphin homer commentators said he had 'no one' to throw to.

Hartline had a career game, and has shown he can do the job. Bess as well.

The run defense has been outstanding, and keeps them competitive.

All in all, for what really is a rebuilding year, they are in the games, lead the games, should have a 3-1 record except for a couple miscues here and there (Dan Carpenter, cough) that you expect a rookie QB to go through. The team has said that every game, Tannehill gets better. If so, this will be entertaining football, even with a possibly .500 or losing season.

eg8r
10-01-2012, 12:19 PM
It is entertaining and nice to see them competitive but it just sucks to see OT losses in games they should have won. Hopefully everyone stays healthy.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
10-01-2012, 01:12 PM
Health is key, as both Reggie Bush and Daniel Thomas, the featured running backs, are a bit banged up.

Should Tannehill go down, it's back to Matt, who I thought did a decent job (but young Mr. Tannehill is showing way more already).