PDA

View Full Version : Ryan tries to pull a fast one.

Qtec
10-01-2012, 02:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WALLACE: It is clear that you two, you and Romney, are trailing in the polls, especially in the key swing states. And there are a growing number of top Republicans who say that Romney needs a clear victory, not a wash, a clear victory on Wednesday or else the donor support will dry up and so will the grassroots support.

RYAN: First of all, the polls are close. This is going to be a close race.

Second of all, I don't think --

(CROSSTALK)

WALLACE: But you are trailing.

RYAN: Well, we're running against an incumbent president. We're running against an incumbent president with incredible resources. But more importantly, I don't think one event is going to make or break this campaign.

Look, President Obama is a very -- he's a very gifted speaker. The man's been on the national stage for many years. He's an experienced debater. He's done these kinds of debates before.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'><u>This is Mitt's first time on this kind of a stage.</u> I think what people --

WALLACE: Yes, but <u>he did 23 debates during the primary.</u></span>

RYAN: I think what people are going to see who is Mitt Romney, what kind of president is going to be and what are the choices I have.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-news-s...s#ixzz2825Bf1qF (http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-news-sunday/2012/09/30/exclusive-paul-ryan-plays-latest-poll-numbers-exudes-confidence-ahead-debates#ixzz2825Bf1qF)
</div></div>

Q

LWW
10-01-2012, 02:44 AM
Once again ... your pst doesn't support your thread title.

eg8r
10-01-2012, 12:21 PM
I don't think he is trying to "pull a fast one". There is a difference between the primaries and beyond. I don't think Mitt ever did particularly well so I don't really see the debates being any advantage at all for Romney.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
10-01-2012, 12:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WALLACE: It is clear that you two, you and Romney, are trailing in the polls, especially in the key swing states. And there are a growing number of top Republicans who say that Romney needs a clear victory, not a wash, a clear victory on Wednesday or else the donor support will dry up and so will the grassroots support.

RYAN: First of all, the polls are close. This is going to be a close race.

Second of all, I don't think --

(CROSSTALK)

WALLACE: But you are trailing.

RYAN: Well, we're running against an incumbent president. We're running against an incumbent president with incredible resources. But more importantly, I don't think one event is going to make or break this campaign.

Look, President Obama is a very -- he's a very gifted speaker. The man's been on the national stage for many years. He's an experienced debater. He's done these kinds of debates before.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'><u>This is Mitt's first time on this kind of a stage.</u> I think what people --

WALLACE: Yes, but <u>he did 23 debates during the primary.</u></span>

RYAN: I think what people are going to see who is Mitt Romney, what kind of president is going to be and what are the choices I have.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-news-s...s#ixzz2825Bf1qF (http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-news-sunday/2012/09/30/exclusive-paul-ryan-plays-latest-poll-numbers-exudes-confidence-ahead-debates#ixzz2825Bf1qF)
</div></div>

Q </div></div>

Within moments after the debates, both sides will claim that their candidate won.

The fact that the president is trusted by more people than Romney is, and that the majority of people still know that most of our economic problems were caused by Bush, and the Repiglilcan blank check congress, and the fact that President Obama, is far more well liked than Romney, by the most people, all of that supercedes anything that will happen in the debates, IMO.

I happen to believe that Romney will do what he always does, and put his golden foot squarely in his mouth, and Repiglicans will spend a week trying to deny the insult which the rest of us clearly knew he was saying.

Either way, he isn't going to win the election. People do not like, or trust, Mitt Romney, or Paul Ryan, on either side of the political isle.

Nothing Romney can say will destroy the very strong leadx that the president has at this time, and additionally, the Republicans have the lowest approval rating of any group. they are not only going to lose the election, they are also going to lose a lot of seats.

G.