PDA

View Full Version : Shout box

hondo
10-03-2012, 06:02 PM
MODERATORS: ANY CHANCE YOU CAN REMOVE THE SHOUT BOX FROM THIS SITE??

Posters: Agree or disagree.

Rich R.
10-04-2012, 04:43 AM
Hondo, you may want to try putting this under the "Suggestions" section of the forum. I'm not sure the moderators will see it here.

hondo
10-04-2012, 07:35 AM
Actually, I wasn't suggesting anything, Rich. I wanted the posters' opinions.

Eric.
10-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Obviously, I'm the one posting the suggestion, in Shout Box.

While the Shout Box is a nice idea and had potential, I feel it's gotten to the point where it is nothing more than a pulpit for petty comments, pot shots at other posters and general juvenile pecking comments.

I say nuke it.

Eric >and let the pettiness stay in NPR

hondo
10-04-2012, 09:48 AM
A further comment to Rich. I would be much more armed to go to the suggestion box once I knew how the majority feel. If only a few feel that way, the heck with it.

And hey, Eric, if this comment was aimed at me- "and let the pettiness stay in NPR", that's pretty hypocritical considering that you are the one who keeps shouting to eliminate it, and I agreed with you and was trying to see how others felt. I didn't believe I was being petty. Is this side of the forum a little private club with the 4 or so who post regularly on here? SHEESH!

Eric.
10-04-2012, 11:42 AM
Hondo, it wasn't aimed at you, specifically. If anything, it's the majority of comments in Shout Box; the petty snipings and back biting.

In other words: "agree"

Eric

Sid_Vicious
10-04-2012, 01:08 PM
I vote to get rid of it too. Nothing positive there as far as I can see. sid

hondo
10-04-2012, 04:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eric.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hondo, it wasn't aimed at you, specifically. If anything, it's the majority of comments in Shout Box; the petty snipings and back biting.

In other words: "agree"

Eric
</div></div>

K.

Rich R.
10-04-2012, 08:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A further comment to Rich. I would be much more armed to go to the suggestion box once I knew how the majority feel. If only a few feel that way, the heck with it.
</div></div>
Sorry if I misunderstood what you wanted.

Nuke the damn thing.

Eric.
10-16-2012, 06:25 AM
Real high brow reading material, in the Shout Box, the last few days....

Eric