PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Miguel Cabrera

eg8r
10-03-2012, 08:47 PM
I did not think I would ever see a triple crown winner in my life. I thought that was one of those records that would stand forever. It happened when Granderson was pulled after hitting two home runs (I don't think he would have hit a third to tie) for the Yankees as they sewed up the AL East.

What a great night for baseball.

eg8r

Grapenut
10-03-2012, 09:37 PM
The Yaz is smilin'.

Nut

LWW
10-04-2012, 02:18 AM
A truly historic season.

sack316
10-04-2012, 07:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I did not think I would ever see a triple crown winner in my life. I thought that was one of those records that would stand forever. It happened when Granderson was pulled after hitting two home runs (I don't think he would have hit a third to tie) for the Yankees as they sewed up the AL East.

What a great night for baseball.

eg8r </div></div>

Pretty amazing! I didn't have time to follow as closely as I normally would, but I sure didn't think I'd see that happen in my lifetime!

Sack

Soflasnapper
10-04-2012, 11:39 AM
Formerly a Marlin, btw. Sheesh.

But wait, wasn't it him who said not to consider him for the... what, homer title, based on whatever he admitted to?

Is this triple crown tainted by that? What am I struggling to remember as a wholly casual at best baseball fan?

eg8r
10-04-2012, 12:35 PM
I don't remember him asking to not be considered. Are you confusing this with Melky Cabrera with San Francisco? Melky asked to not be considered for the batting title but that is in the NL.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
10-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Yes, probably that's it. Thanks for figuring out what I got wrong.

eg8r
10-04-2012, 02:01 PM
I think both are great ballplayers and their names are too similar to be "great" at the same time. Now we just need Melky to quit taking steroids and then lying about it. He really doesn't need the "help".

eg8r