PDA

View Full Version : Hannity blames himself and Fox for coverup?

Soflasnapper
10-04-2012, 01:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> So Fox News knew about this speech too, as noted here and here. Why didn’t it dig more deeply into it? Why didn’t it get the full tape? Why didn’t it jump on this story instead of waiting five years for the Daily Caller to do so? Why did it hide this thing?

What we have here is a delicious slice of pie — i.e., Hannity and Fox being part of a conspiracy alleged by Hannity and Fox. It would be ripe material for a Fox News Public Editor, if only such an individual existed. How could the network that constantly crows about the media’s failure to vet Barack Obama so clearly fail to vet Barack Obama?

The failures and hypocrisy would be forgivable if not for the $1 billion. That’s Fox News’s profit expectations for this year. Any news organization that makes a billion dollars in profits needs to be careful about slighting other media outlets for failing to adequately cover any story. If Fox wants Obama vetted to its satisfaction, it need only commit a small fraction of those profits to an investigative team of Barack Obama vetters. That way, it wouldn’t any longer need to rely on pipsqueaks like the Daily Caller and Breitbart.com to supply its alleged ”bombshells.”

Yet instead of looking inward, Fox looks outward, pointing blame at the Associated Press and at the Daily Press, “serving Hampton Roads, Va.” Such a sliming operation by a billion-dollar network against a regional newspaper could be called shameful, but when you’re talking about Fox, it’s so easy to overuse that word. </div></div>

excerpt, rest here at WaPost (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/post/fox-news-exposes-itself/2012/10/03/8fb9390e-0d4c-11e2-bb5e-492c0d30bff6_blog.html)

llotter
10-04-2012, 03:51 PM
Apparently what was newly uncovered by The Daily Caller was the video which deviated significantly from the text of the speech that was handed out to reporters.

The article does make an excellent point questioning why Fox didn't do the vetting that their hosts are now complaining was never done. Maybe it, like other media organizations, are reluctant to poke a hornets nest out of fear of getting stung themselves.

I don't know about the timing of the Stafford money forgiveness but it did happen in New Orleans as well as the other places mentioned. Obviously The Moron was gratuitously stirring up hate with MORE LIES b/c that is where he collects the votes. It does seem that the Post article should have pointed that out.

Soflasnapper
10-04-2012, 04:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Apparently what was newly uncovered by The Daily Caller was the video which deviated significantly from the text of the speech that was handed out to reporters. </div></div>

The event was public and open to the press, who were in attendance.

This was not covered at the time because it didn't strike anyone as of much importance. That was the truth, as even Alan West has said about this now that it's resurfaced.

cushioncrawler
10-04-2012, 05:24 PM
What bombshell, i dont see no bombshell.
mac.

Soflasnapper
10-04-2012, 05:30 PM
The part I liked most was what I heard Sean Hannity say on his radio show concerning this.

"When the President of the United States" says something like this, the media thinks it isn't newsworthy???

I personally do not think Obama's term in office included much of 2007. Maybe that's just me, though?

Sean is an amazing ass clown.

llotter
10-04-2012, 05:43 PM
Now it turns out that The Moron was one of 14 that voted against the waiver of Stafford Act funds for New Orleans. The perfect word to describe this guy isn't coming to me but liar or hypocrite do not seem quite inadequate.

Soflasnapper
10-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Fox’s Bret Baier suggested that Obama’s “no” vote could very well be attributed to Iraq War funding which was also included in HR 2206.

(Yet another example where even Fox News commentators or news broadcasters have to supply the answer to their own side's propagandistic catapultors. Brian Kilmeade, Jeff Gotlieb, Shep Smith on occasion, have all in recent times gone off the reservation this way.)

It was bundled in a very large bill, when it really could have been a stand alone issue and handled much earlier.

The apparent hypocrisy vanishes with context, to anyone with discernment and the ability to make a balanced judgment on all the facts.

Increasingly, the American people lack that bare level of sophistication of judgment. Are you one of them? Shouldn't be, as we are more old school.

Qtec
10-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Its just Fox doing their thing.

Q

llotter
10-05-2012, 11:27 AM
the hypocrisy is that thee waiver was made, with no help from the Moron, long before he made that speech nurturing hate between the races.

Soflasnapper
10-05-2012, 02:15 PM
Justice delayed is often justice denied.

Life saving aid delayed often costs lives. That was the point. That it was later granted after the delay doesn't make the delay something that cannot be complained about.

The point also was that the administration was holding supporting the waiver hostage unless Blanco allowed the federalization of the LA national guard, as I recall those events today.