PDA

View Full Version : Oh Boy. Mitt trying to be smart......blows it!!!

Qtec
10-05-2012, 03:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 26pt'>Mitt Romney: '47 Percent' Comments Were 'Just Completely Wrong'</span>

FISHERSVILLE, Va. — Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has described his disparaging remarks about the 47 percent of Americans who don't pay federal income taxes as "not elegantly stated." Now he's calling them "just completely wrong."

The original remarks, secretly recorded during a fundraiser in May and posted online in September by the magazine Mother Jones, sparked intense criticism of Romney and provided fodder to those who portray him as an out-of-touch millionaire oblivious to the lives of average Americans. The remarks became a staple of Obama campaign criticism.

Initially, Romney defended his view, telling reporters at a news conference shortly after the video was posted that his remarks were "not elegantly stated" and that they were spoken "off the cuff." He didn't disavow them, however, and later adopted as a response when the remarks were raised that his campaign supports "the 100 percent in America."

In an interview Thursday night with Fox News, Romney was asked what he would have said had the "47 percent" comments come up during his debate in Denver on Wednesday night with President Barack Obama.

"Well, clearly in a campaign, with hundreds if not thousands of speeches and question-and-answer sessions, now and then you're going to say something that doesn't come out right," Romney said. "In this case, I said something that's just completely wrong."

He added: "And I absolutely believe, however, that my life has shown that I care about 100 percent and that's been demonstrated throughout my life. And this whole campaign is about the 100 percent." </div></div>

Just to refresh the Republican memory...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what," Romney said in the video. "There are 47 percent who are with him, <span style='font-size: 26pt'>who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe that government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it."</span>

"Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax," Romney said, and that his role "<span style='font-size: 26pt'>is not to worry about those people.</span> I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives." </div></div>

link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/04/mitt-romney-47-percent_n_1941423.html)

Mittens thinks,

"Hey, Obama didn't mention me writing off half the population. Lucky me. I will now try and negate any criticism of that by doing another flip flop."

He is only giving Obama more ammunition. Will he use it?

After 18 months of telling everyone that the teachers and other Govt workers EARN TOO MUCH, now he is suddenly, 5 weeks before the election, concerned about the inequality in pay.

What a MF.

I now see the plan.

Q

LWW
10-05-2012, 04:15 AM
And what is your point, if anything?

Gayle in MD
10-05-2012, 04:23 AM
IMHO, Romney will never reverse the "ah ha, just as we expected" moment when America saw the real Mitt Romney.

He obviously spoke his mind, and no amount of etch-a-sketch reversals will ever remove his words from our collective awareness of the real Mitt.

It fits too well, with everything else we have learned about Republicans, Mitt/Ryan, Queen Ann, and the Neocons who are their fellow fascists. None of the Neocon Repiglicans care about anything but power, and more money for themsleves and for the already filthy rich, the same elitists money class which they legislate for, and hope to join when they leave office, or get thrown out.

G.

G.

Qtec
10-05-2012, 04:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And what is your point, if anything? </div></div>

Most people with an IQ above 70 can get it.

Are you in that group?

Q

LWW
10-05-2012, 07:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And what is your point, if anything? </div></div>

Most people with an IQ above 70 can get it.

Are you in that group?

Q </div></div>

That explains why you don't.

Now, go cut and paste some more.

eg8r
10-05-2012, 09:07 AM
He totally should have done this right after the video came out. Damage control is important.

eg8r

Qtec
10-05-2012, 10:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He totally should have done this right after the video came out. Damage control is important.

eg8r </div></div>

Is he a fake or not?

Q

eg8r
10-05-2012, 11:55 AM
Who knows.

eg8r

Qtec
10-06-2012, 04:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Romney Disavows "47%" Remarks, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Makes Fools of Right-Wingers <u>Who Defended Him</u>

<u>Remember all those right-wingers who sprang to Romney's defense after his "47%" video was leaked?</u></span> <span style='font-size: 20pt'>He just threw them under the bus.</span>

Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney is disavowing his controversial remarks dismissing “the 47 percent” of Americans who don’t pay federal income taxes, saying in an interview Thursday night that the comments were “just completely wrong.”

Sucks for you, Michelle Malkin. </div></div>

watch (http://crooksandliars.com/blue-texan/romney-disavows-47-remarks-makes-fools-)

Q

Qtec
10-06-2012, 04:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He totally should have done this right after the video came out. Damage control is important.

eg8r </div></div>

He did!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FISHERSVILLE, Va. — Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has described his disparaging remarks about the 47 percent of Americans who don't pay federal income taxes as "not elegantly stated." Now he's calling them "just completely wrong."

The original remarks, secretly recorded during a fundraiser in May and posted online in September by the magazine Mother Jones, sparked intense criticism of Romney and provided fodder to those who portray him as an out-of-touch millionaire oblivious to the lives of average Americans. The remarks became a staple of Obama campaign criticism.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Initially, Romney defended his view, telling reporters at a news conference shortly after the video was posted that his remarks were "not elegantly stated" and that they were spoken "off the cuff." He didn't disavow them, however,</span> and later adopted as a response when the remarks were raised that his campaign supports "the 100 percent in America." </div></div>

link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/04/mitt-romney-47-percent_n_1941423.html)

watch (http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/romney-surrogate-admits-latest-flip-flop-j)

Q

Gayle in MD
10-06-2012, 06:54 AM
Romney is a joke!

He's going to lose anyway.

America heard him loud and clear, and America knows he was speaking his true thoughts about the 47%, confirmed it several times, and is now trying to reverse reality.

He's a real POS!

G.

eg8r
10-07-2012, 02:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He did!</div></div>Actually your quote states he did not. Your quotes states that he said those statements were not elegantly stated. Now he is saying they were wrong. There is a giant difference. I stand by the fact that he should have said they were wrong immediately and you have a comprehension problem.

eg8r

Qtec
10-07-2012, 05:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He did!</div></div>Actually your quote states he did not. Your quotes states that he said those statements were not elegantly stated. <u>Now he is saying they were wrong. There is a giant difference. I stand by the fact that he should have said they were wrong immediately and you have a comprehension problem.

eg8r </u></div></div>

What you said was damage control.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He totally should have done this right after the video came out. Damage control is important.

eg8r </div></div>

You didn't say he was wrong, neither did Mittens!!!!!

Let me dumb it down for you as simple as I can.

'Mittens:
'I love ice cream!
Mittens goes to a WeightWatchers fund raiser:
'I hate ice cream.'
Mittens, when questioned about this remark says, 'I could have said it better but,
'I really do hate ice cream.'

Then comes the debate, Mittens,
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 20pt'><u>I love ice cream!</u> </span></div></div>

If you think a man who won't release his tax returns, who is a serial liar and a serial flip flopper is fit to be POTUS, then you are nuts.

Q

Q

eg8r
10-07-2012, 05:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What you said was damage control.</div></div>It is time for you to shut up and take a little comprehension lesson...

The subject of the thread is Romney coming out saying the comments were completely wrong. After reading that the very first sentence that I typed was <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He totally should have done this right after the video came out. </div></div>At that point your brain should have been able to put that together with the thread you started. Meaning, Romney should have come out right away and stated those comments were completely wrong. After you were done with that sentence you move on to the next one and see that I say...<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damage control is important.
</div></div>The damage control I am talking about is when he comes out with a complete 180 and separates himself from the previous statement.

Now on to your dumbing down part...that was so dumb it did not even make sense, unless you telling us that he said the statements were wrong and now he changed again and said they were correct.

eg8r

Qtec
10-07-2012, 06:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The damage control I am talking about is<span style='font-size: 14pt'> when he comes out with a complete 180 and separates himself from the previous statement.</span> </div></div>

So you finally admit he is a flip flopper and is unfit to be POTUS?

Q

eg8r
10-08-2012, 07:46 AM
I never said he wasn't. I am actually saying he should have been right from the beginning. Are you really that thick? Lots of cement?

eg8r

Qtec
10-08-2012, 10:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I am actually saying he should have been right from the beginning. </div></div>

Fine, but you never said what he said was wrong!

The point is that Mittens did do damage control. He said he could have said it better but basically he stood by what he said. Fox and the RW media rallied round and supported him for what he said.

Now that Mittens has done another flip flop and declared he was 100% wrong, he has thrown all those who rushed to his aid as being wrong. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>He just threw his most faithful supporters under the bus for political expediency!</span>

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>THAT'S Mitt Romney.</span>

Q

eg8r
10-08-2012, 11:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Fine, but you never said what he said was wrong!</div></div>Did you ask me? I think when this first came out I said he was correct. I still think he was correct however it is not what he should be saying if he wants to get elected.

eg8r