PDA

View Full Version : Things that make you go HMMMM?

LWW
10-05-2012, 02:22 PM
Joe Wilson calls Obama a liar because he lied and the cabal had their collectivist shorts all in a twisted knot as they wailed and gnashed their teeth.

Fast forward to today ... and the Obamatrons are screaming at the top of their collectivist lungs that R-money lied because h dared to tell the truth.

And here we have the cabal, which swears that they despise injustice, and we hear ... nothing.

I wonder why?

Soflasnapper
10-05-2012, 03:07 PM
Probably because it happened today?

Just a guess, as I actually do not know at all to what you refer.

Which is.... what?

Soflasnapper
10-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Joe Wilson's disgrace was that he shouted that statement out of order at a joint Congressional gathering to hear a presidential address. A severe breach of protocol, unseen in prior American history. Any boo-bird call would have been similarly out of order, and a disgrace. That the CONTENT of that heckling was a charge of lying was incidental, although compounding the offense.

I'm assuming you refer to the $5 trillion dollar tax cut claim.

He has proposed that, in detail: 20% across the board tax cuts.

Romney's alibi is his prediction, sans any detail*, that he can broaden the base sufficiently through ending deductions that it will be revenue neutral.

Fair enough, but putting the details up against one another yields a net tax reduction of $5 trillion.

Details of tax cuts: $5 trillion
Details of tax deduction elimination: $0*

Totals from Romney's own specifications: $5 trillion in net tax cuts

*Rounding down the one subsidy cut he mentioned, for the Corporation for Public Broadcasting to zero, relative to the $5 trillion, plus that it is, of course, not broadening the tax base whatsoever and doesn't count as such.

That is indeed the scoring on his plan so far. By Romney's own choosing.

LWW
10-06-2012, 03:13 PM
You poor brainwashed thing.

Soflasnapper
10-07-2012, 10:55 AM
His spokesperson on the Chris Hayes show admitted his alleged tax INCREASES (which have to hit $5 trillion for the revenue neutral claim) might JUST BE a little short.

As of now, they're $5 trillion short.

Grapenut
10-08-2012, 05:09 PM
During a recent Romney campaign stop, a heckler from the audience hollered,
"Hey Mitt Witt, where are you hiding your tax returns?

Governor Romney politely responded, "I've found a very secure place that I'm
certain they won't be found."

The insistent heckler, then shouted, "And just where is that, dummy"?
Governor Romney smiled and said,

"They are underneath Obama's college records, his immigration status as a
student, and his funding sources to pay for college. What's your next
question"?"

Nut

Soflasnapper
10-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Surely a passable joke for the GOP.

Surely otherwise a false statement, well, at least after the two first lines, which might be true.