PDA

View Full Version : The #1 Problem in the Black Race is......

Sev
10-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Again.
Good luck with the race card.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>The #1 Problem in the Black Race is...... </span>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEielC7V0bc&feature=related

Soflasnapper
10-05-2012, 06:13 PM
This guy is a little historically challenged.

Blacks lived in grinding poverty and degrading conditions when their out of wedlock birth rate was a tiny fraction of what it is today, and the same with teenage birth rates.

So that wasn't the problem at that time, and the conditions still prevailed. That there are these problems NOW is more likely a follow on effect from those original causes, which did not include these things he mentions at anywhere these levels.

"Separate but 'equal'" from the Plessy-Ferguson decision was the law of the land laid down by the SCOTUS, which only changed in my lifetime.

Eisenhower the bleeding heart liberal (not) felt compelled to use federal troops to desegregate Arkansas schools in the '50s. Federal officers were also necessary for the same purpose in the '60s in Mississippi and elsewhere in the south.

Unless education has nothing to do with social success, society allowed severe discrimination in education up until fairly recent times, and well before any of the social dysfunction he points to as the cause.

This man wants to quote Marin Luther King, Jr. (although he forgot he was a junior?), but doesn't know what King said in that very speech?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But one hundred years later [after Emancipation], the Negro still is not free. One hundred years later, the life of the Negro is still sadly crippled by the manacles of segregation and the chains of discrimination. One hundred years later, the Negro lives on a lonely island of poverty in the midst of a vast ocean of material prosperity. One hundred years later, the Negro is still languished in the corners of American society and finds himself an exile in his own land. And so we've come here today to dramatize a shameful condition. </div></div>

That was 1963, and when the illegitimacy and teenage birth rates were a tiny fraction of what they are now in this group.

Sev
10-06-2012, 06:49 AM
Says the white guy.
Why are you trying to oppress the black man?

Gayle in MD
10-06-2012, 08:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Says the white guy.
Why are you trying to oppress the black man? </div></div>

What is your opinion of this article, Sev?

And what is your intention behind posting something like this?

I am always amazed and disappointed as well, to find anyone whho is Jewish, supporting any kind of racism!

I though you were Jewish. Am I wrong? If you are Jewish, wouldn't you be against discrimination in all of it's ugly forms.

We all know, after being exposed to a number of African Americans, that there are always a few nutjobs in any group, one need only review some of the ugly, irrational statements made by Alan West, of florida, to know that much, but why spread this sort of ugliness around? do you think people like this author are really good for our country? Do you think that spreading any form of racism is good for the world?

I'm interested to know what your own opinion is about these matters.

Gayle

Soflasnapper
10-06-2012, 09:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Says the white guy.
Why are you trying to oppress the black man? </div></div>

I'll acknowledge that joke but suggest it isn't a good one.

What I wrote is a big hurdle to explain by your favorite 'wife-beater-shirt-wearing' armchair philosopher.

He seems to think King is someone to quote. Everyone wants to jump ahead to his dream of equality, but ignore what he actually said was the condition of African-Americans as of that speech. A check returned, marked 'insufficient funds,' he said. That as of that time, there was brutal repression and grave denial of the inalienable rights guaranteed by our system.

It may seem ancient history to many, but we are only talking a couple generations. Children of color at that time are the parents of those reaching adulthood now.

As Faulkner said, the past isn't over, it's not even past.

Let that man answer why it is that whites take most of the drugs, by far, and we've incarcerated A-As at far greater rates and actually greater numbers despite their minority status.

The prison-industrial system needs inmates, and our drug law disparities fill them, making a huge felon population invidiously disproportionate to numbers of users. Do you think maybe THAT has some impact on that community?