PDA

View Full Version : This land is my land, LOL!

Soflasnapper
10-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Animation here. (http://vimeo.com/50531435)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Helpfully, Paley has written up a guide to this sequence’s many players: you’ve got the Canaanites, who kill Early Man; the Egpytians, who kill the Canaanites; the Assyrians, who kill the Egyptians; and so on forward through the annals until we arrive at the modern-day battles between “PLO/Hamas/Hezbollah,” the State of Israel, and “guerrillas/freedom fighters/terrorists.” Anyone who even occasionally glances toward the news knows full well how large conflict and death loom today over this particular slice of the world, but through Paley’s high-body-count animated interpretation of the place’s history, we can see that it was ever thus. She flinches not from her subject matter’s overwhelming violence, nor from her own tendency to inject it with humor. </div></div>

A wonderful version of the theme from Exodus (I think it is), lyrics by PAT BOONE! (I didn't know that), and a beautiful rendition by the late great Andy Williams.

LWW
10-07-2012, 12:20 PM
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>"This land was your land. This land was my land;
Until I sold it to some guys from China;
From the red wood forest to the Gulf Stream waters;
This land was stole from you by me."</span>

-Barack Hussein Obama Junior-

Soflasnapper
10-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Your nutty prediction about what President Obama's unborn son will claim is duly noted.

Sheesh.

LWW
10-07-2012, 01:47 PM
Are you know a birther?

Soflasnapper
10-07-2012, 02:20 PM
No, I forgot President Obama was originally a junior, since it doesn't appear in his name anymore. Which is typical when the senior version has died. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

More on point than that error, China is not buying our debt much these days, as the Fed has been buying it up.

I doubt their US bond holdings are much above what they were in 2009 when he came in, but of course, since the balance of trade with them is so lopsided (as it was previously as well), and they therefore have a lot of excess USD holdings, they use those to buy assets in this country.

But purchasing at a mutually agreed price from willing sellers is hardly theft.