PDA

View Full Version : Post Election...What is Your Prediction?

llotter
10-09-2012, 06:24 AM
I am worried about what damage The Moron can accomplish between his defeat and when Romney takes office. My guess is that he will pull out all the stops, including possible treaties with the UN and others.

With no fidelity to the Constitution or the Rule of Law, that short period could have serious consequence. Think about a worst case scenario to predict what actions we might be in store for us.

Anyone?

Qtec
10-09-2012, 06:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am worried about what damage The Moron can accomplish between his defeat and when Romney takes office. My guess is that he will pull out all the stops, including possible treaties with the UN and others.

With no fidelity to the Constitution or the Rule of Law, that short period could have serious consequence. Think about a worst case scenario to predict what actions we might be in store for us.

Anyone? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Or, rather, one sort of person: Conservatism's parade of bomb-throwing, hate-mongering, race-baiting bottom feeders. That breed which makes their daily bread from grifting the Pig People by generating an endless flood of books, magazine articles, broadcasts, speeches and videos all telling the GOP base over and over again that <u>their bigotries are noble</u> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>and their<span style='font-size: 26pt'> paranoia</span> is patriotic.</span> </div></div>

Q

Qtec
10-09-2012, 07:02 AM
The worst case scenario is if Mittens the flop flopping serial liar gets into the WH.
Are you so dim that you don't think the whole world is watching this election? What do other worlds leaders think about Mittens?

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>I will tell you,<u>he is someone who changes positions so rapidly he CANNOT be trusted</u>.
This is a guy who can go on a Pres debate and in front of 70 million people, lie through his teeth without breaking a sweat without feeling remotely guilty or any sense of embarrassment.
</span>

Mitt Romney makes Nixon look like a choir boy.

BTW.........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On her show Monday night, MSNBC host Rachel Maddow accused the National Rifle Association of being far more interested in electing Republicans than defending Second Amendment rights.

Last week, the NRA endorsed Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney and has now launched ads against President Barack Obama.

“The NRA is not looking to honestly compare the two candidate’s records on their one and only issue of gun rights,” Maddow said. “The NRA just wants the Republican. That is what they want. That’s why they exist. They are a Republican interest group and to describe them any other way is to play into their spin. The idea of how to advance their own interests is to get a Republican elected to office. And whatever you think about that in terms of its effectiveness on Republican politics, frankly, that stinks for people who really do care about gun policy, because they have the worst supposed advocates ever.”

Maddow noted that <span style='font-size: 17pt'><u>Romney actually endorsed strict gun laws and signed an assault weapons ban as governor of Massachusetts.</u> Obama, on the other hand, has not signed any bills that restrict gun rights. To the contrary,<u> the President has signed into law bills that allow for guns to be carried on Amtrak trains and in national parks</u>.</span>

Romney has previously described assault rifles as “instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.” But he began to shift his views in 2006, purchasing a lifetime membership from the NRA and telling reporters that he had gone “varmint” hunting. <span style="color: #990000">LIAR </span></div></div>

I guess Big Bird is too much BIG GAME for him! LOL

Q

Soflasnapper
10-09-2012, 09:47 AM
Treaties need a 2/3rds supermajority of the Senate to agree to have them ratified. On what scenario do you see that many GOP members going along with the Dems to form that supermajority vote?

That seems a misplaced worry to me.

I'd say the biggest worry for the right would be that Obama fashions a lame duck session fix to the Taxmaggedon situation that disfavors the GOP owners' preferred policy (as in, extending the Bush tax rate cut to the lower but not the top bracket(s)), but surely that will not pass Congress in the lame duck if Romney wins. They'll wait, keep their powder dry, and do it after his inauguration in that case.

llotter
10-09-2012, 10:52 AM
The treaties notion was just ideas I heard from that former Clinton guy, Dick Morris, hawking his new book, Here Come the Black Helicopters'.

But I am thinking about Executive Orders. The Moron has utilized them more than the total of all other presidents for the past 66 years and I think it is likely that there will be bunch of them before he leaves this January.

Soflasnapper
10-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Morris may be weak minded, based on his reasoning. Or crazy like a fox, based on his marketing.

Presidential EOs have no standing past the given administration in which they are ordered unless the next president allows that. The next POTUS can simply overturn any bad EOs by his own EO.

So any bad policy O would put in could only be in place until that 3rd week in January at inauguration, subject to immediate overturning that very day, later in the afternoon.

Scary? Buy another Morris book!

llotter
10-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Let's hope you are right. The Moron has done enough to damage America in the time he has been in office.

DiabloViejo
10-09-2012, 02:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let's hope you are right. The Moron has done enough to damage America in the time he has been in office. </div></div>

Romney is going to lose big-time, the Democrats will regain control of the Congress, and you should read "Final Exit" so you can make plans to avoid the pain of your loss. Oh and Obama will pack the SCOTUS with liberals so that liberals have control of the court for at least 20 years.

BTW here's a link to help you: http://www.finalexit.org/

Soflasnapper
10-09-2012, 11:09 PM
I'd like that to be so, but it probably is wrong.

If Romney loses, it will be a close loss most likely. If Obama wins, he'll probably move the court to the right, as he did already. Kennedy's replacement made the court more conservative.

Both possible next presidents will appoint corporatist justices. Just as Clinton did. Maybe socially liberal, but on money issues, pro-corporate.

Grapenut
10-10-2012, 03:33 AM
http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad77/mdmeeks1010/twoheadedsnake.jpg

The snake wins.

Nut

hondo
10-10-2012, 05:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The worst case scenario is if Mittens the flop flopping serial liar gets into the WH.
Are you so dim that you don't think the whole world is watching this election? What do other worlds leaders think about Mittens?

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>I will tell you,<u>he is someone who changes positions so rapidly he CANNOT be trusted</u>.
This is a guy who can go on a Pres debate and in front of 70 million people, lie through his teeth without breaking a sweat without feeling remotely guilty or any sense of embarrassment.
</span>

Mitt Romney makes Nixon look like a choir boy.

BTW.........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On her show Monday night, MSNBC host Rachel Maddow accused the National Rifle Association of being far more interested in electing Republicans than defending Second Amendment rights.

Last week, the NRA endorsed Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney and has now launched ads against President Barack Obama.

“The NRA is not looking to honestly compare the two candidate’s records on their one and only issue of gun rights,” Maddow said. “The NRA just wants the Republican. That is what they want. That’s why they exist. They are a Republican interest group and to describe them any other way is to play into their spin. The idea of how to advance their own interests is to get a Republican elected to office. And whatever you think about that in terms of its effectiveness on Republican politics, frankly, that stinks for people who really do care about gun policy, because they have the worst supposed advocates ever.”

Maddow noted that <span style='font-size: 17pt'><u>Romney actually endorsed strict gun laws and signed an assault weapons ban as governor of Massachusetts.</u> Obama, on the other hand, has not signed any bills that restrict gun rights. To the contrary,<u> the President has signed into law bills that allow for guns to be carried on Amtrak trains and in national parks</u>.</span>

Romney has previously described assault rifles as “instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.” But he began to shift his views in 2006, purchasing a lifetime membership from the NRA and telling reporters that he had gone “varmint” hunting. <span style="color: #990000">LIAR </span></div></div>

I guess Big Bird is too much BIG GAME for him! LOL

Q

</div></div>

Excellent post. This is why I dropped my membership.

Gayle in MD
10-10-2012, 07:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grapenut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad77/mdmeeks1010/twoheadedsnake.jpg

The snake wins.

Nut </div></div>

Wow, great shot of Romney and Ryan! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif