PDA

View Full Version : First League Night (NPR)

Karatemom
10-09-2002, 05:18 PM
My first BCA league night was a great time, even if our team lost by 2 points. I won my first game and lost my last two. I made the 8 out of turn on one game, had perfect shape to cut the 3 in the side and break out a cluster near the spot. But I didn't see the combination 8 straight in the corner, ooops. On the last game, the guy finished off the table before I could. I got 18 points for the night, which is pretty good considering I never play 8 ball. I like 9 ball better. The nervousness of the first night went away pretty quick as all of the women on our team are really nice. Thanks to everyone who encouraged me to stick with the BCA league and told me I would be just fine. You were absolutely right!

We play Chris' team on December 3 - can't wait for that match up /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif. I'm looking so forward to kicking his butt that night.

If I keep improving, slowly but consistently, I might consider playing at state. But I still plan on playing at the nationals no matter how good or bad I'm playing.

Just rambling,

Heide ~ BTW, jumped her first ball the other day, too!! yippee skippee

Chris Cass
10-09-2002, 05:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Karatemom:</font><hr>
We play Chris' team on December 3 - can't wait for that match up /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif. I'm looking so forward to kicking his butt that night.

Heide ~ BTW, jumped her first ball the other day, too!! yippee skippee <hr></blockquote>

That won't happen.

Was the ball on the floor? HAHAHAHHA

C.C.

cheesemouse
10-09-2002, 06:09 PM
aaaahhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahhhaaaaaaaa~~~~~~th at'll cost ya!!!!!

Karatemom
10-09-2002, 11:00 PM
Sorry guys. Thought NPR meant No Particular Reason.

Heide ~ can you tell I might be blonde? /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

CarolNYC
10-10-2002, 03:55 AM
Way to go Heide,
Uh-oh-pretty soon regional tours-us girls better watch out for you-no fair-you've got CC!:)
Have a great day!
Carol

Karatemom
10-10-2002, 05:39 AM
As a matter of fact, you're right /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif. The Midwest 9 Ball Tour has a stop in Burlington, IA here in a couple of weeks and I plan on getting in that one. There is a stop in Olathe, KS next weekend that Chris is going to, but I'm staying home. Don't want to take off of work, and it's too far anyway. Need the practice, too /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif.

Heide ~ all the help from CC is starting to pay off

bluewolf
10-10-2002, 05:59 AM
great going heide. tonight is my first league after finishing pool school with randy. i am anxious to see how i do.my fundamentals are much better but the great gift is the confidence they gave me. choking in league play was a real problem for me. tonight is the real test but i feel like the school cured me of my low self esteem and focussing problem. really looking forward to it.

bw

Kato
10-10-2002, 06:13 AM
That will be her birthday present to me Chris........kickin' your butt.

Kato~~~growing old fast

Chris Cass
10-10-2002, 08:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Karatemom:</font><hr>
Heide ~ all the help from CC is starting to pay off <hr></blockquote>

Nope,

It you that's starting to pay off. It's your desire and drive to make things happen. There isn't an instructor in the world that can give you that. A great instructor can motivate but the desire has to be there to begin with.

Your hard work and discipline is what's starting to show. That's all within you. What, I see in you is a strong woman that set a goal and stiving to make it happen. Your a natural, when it comes down to mechanics.

I would love to take credit for what you've achieved but your the one. Sure, it makes me feel good to see you evolve and good to be a part of that. There's so much more to learn about this game. As long as you have the desire, I will help you reach your goals the best I can./ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

C.C.~~a little Lasagna couldn't hurt.

Voodoo Daddy
10-11-2002, 01:52 AM
I'm looking for Heide to sweep Cass in league. Remember Heide, spit in the chalk, always give a loose rack and most important thing...sending me the ph phone number and I'll call for him when he is down on the black-ball.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!