PDA

View Full Version : There Is No God But Allah

llotter
10-11-2012, 09:40 AM
So reads the Arabic inscription on The Moron's ring that he has been wearing for at least 30 yrs. I say, 'So what!' Chances are that he doesn't know Arabic and doesn't know himself what it says.

Soflasnapper
10-11-2012, 12:39 PM
LOL, straight out of the suggested multiple choice response polling at the bottom of the WND story.

What does story of Obama's 'wedding ring' mean to you?

He wears an Indonesian ring on his finger so what?
Less than a month before an election, I can't believe WND is obsessing over the president's jewelry
It's a non-story. Obama probably doesn't even know what the few obscure Arabic hieroglyphs say
It's more evidence the president is a Renaissance man who is tolerant and respectful of all faiths
It's a sentimental piece of jewelry that means nothing. Obama is a professing Christian
I don't trust WND, so the story means nothing
If Obama were white, there's no way the racist GOP and conservative media would be harping on a president's ring
It's disturbing. But in fairness, maybe there's another less damning and sensational explanation
It's extremely troubling, but not surprising. As president, Obama has demonstrated a striking affinity for Islam
It's proof positive of what Obama's actions have indicated all along he is a closet Muslim
America's biggest problems are with Marxism and Islam so we go and elect a Marxist, Islamic president! Go figure
So the 'wing-nut conspiracy theory' was true after all: Barack Hussein Obama really is a closet Muslim
It once again shows how virtually everything Obama says about himself is completely phony
Other

View Results

inShare310
Printer Friendly
Text smaller
Text bigger

Here, but you have to be a member (http://www.wnd.com/2012/10/obamas-ring-there-is-no-god-but-allah/)

DiabloViejo
10-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Allah is the Arabic word for "God". The belief in one "God" (monotheism) is a shared trait in all Abrahamic religions (the Jewish, Christian, and Islamic faiths). Regardless of whatever language it's written in, the meaning is the same: "There is no God but God", or in other words... 'there is only one God.' The God of the Jews, the Christians, and the Muslims (the God of Abraham). Assuming your story is true (since you never provide links to back up your statements), I fail to see what precisely, is so worrisome or scandalous about an expression of religious faith that should be very easy for Jews and Christians to get behind, since it is in fact, THE essential core basis of all three faiths. BTW at no time in your post do you claim is that the ring has the entire text of the shahada.

Did you know that phrases derived from Islam / Arabic are used quite commonly by devout Catholics and other Christians in Africa, The Middle East, Spain and Latin America? Are we to believe that this makes them all suspect of being secret agents of radical Islam?

Is my dear Pentecostal granny roasting and toasting in hell-fire for her frequent use of the Spanish versions of the Arab/Islamic "In sha'Allah" (Allah Willing / God Willing)? (Spanish version: "Si Dios quiere?" "ojala".) Was my granny a holy rolling, bible thumping, Christian, terrorist Muslim closeted Taliban? Oh lord I am confused. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

If indeed President Obama has such a ring, I am quite sure that he is fully aware of the meaning. Obama is after all, a very educated and intelligent man. Your drivel, on the other hand, betrays you as someone who never had the benefit of even a rudimentary higher education. Yet you see yourself as intelligent, and well informed, how strange. Tsk, tsk...people in glass houses and all that. Oh and Obama is a hundred times the man that you could ever be, remember THAT, MORON!

Keep throwing sh*t against the wall, that's all you've got left.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/602355_539120039447981_1570748563_n.jpg

Soflasnapper
10-11-2012, 03:32 PM
Seconding DV's excellent point, who IS this Allah?

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. For whom Moses and the other prophets worked. By whom Jesus was sent, and at whose right hand side Jesus will sit on the day of judgment to judge the quick and the dead. All explicit tenets of Islam.

Pretty ignorant to pull a different language name card. God isn't even a name, but a generic term. Asking the founding members of the Judeo-Christian heritage, they'd explain his name is the Tetragrammaton that they refuse to write out, J-H-V-H, which I will transliterate freely (not following Judaism) as Jehovah or Yahweh.

Do we condemn Christians for following some different God than the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob because most don't use the names the ancient Hebrews used? (Maybe the Jehovah Witnesses do, not sure, but of course, mainly not at all.)