PDA

View Full Version : Paul Ryan 'borrowed' 'Bean' story from Nirvana?

Soflasnapper
10-12-2012, 10:56 AM
John Avarosis at Americablog (http://americablog.com/2012/10/did-paul-ryan-borrow-story-about-his-daughter-from-kurt-cobain.html)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And here’s Kurt Cobain’s and Courtney Love’s daughter Frances Bean Cobain on how she got the name “Bean” twenty years ago:

Frances Bean Cobain was born at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, and was immediately anointed the world’s newest rock princess. Her parents were two of the biggest rock stars on the planet and her godfather is R.E.M frontman Michael Stipe. Kurt Cobain named his daughter after Frances McKee, the guitarist for The Vaselines, and gave her the middle named Bean because he thought she resembled a kidney bean on the ultrasound. Unfortunately, Frances never really got to know her father; he shot himself to death when she was just 20 months old.

Ryan is reportedly a Nirvana fan, the band that Kurt Cobain started and starred in. We’re to believe this is just a coincidence? Maybe. Or maybe Paul Ryan plagiarized the story about his daughter?

What’s more likely is that Ryan named his daughter Bean because Cobain named his daughter Bean. But that wouldn’t have made a very good right-wingy story, for Ryan to explain that he named his kid after a grunge rock star who killed himself. Or even to say that the name was inspired by Cobain. So, better to borrow Cobain’s story and not even mention it.

Keep in mind that while it’s entirely possible that Paul Ryan had his “Bean” experience without knowing of Cobain’s, Ryan has a history of making up personal stories to embellish his image. There was the time he claimed he climbed 40 of the Rocky Mountains. Or the time he claimed to have run a marathon under three minutes. And who can forget Ryan’s claim to have 6% body fat. When you consider the source, it’s a valid question to ask.

So, even Paul Ryan’s most intimate part of the debate, talking about his Catholicism and abortion beliefs, might be phony.

PS Not to mention, so was Paul Ryan pro-choice before he “saw” his daughter as a bean? </div></div>

LWW
10-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Fear oozes from the left as the regime snatches defeat from the jaws of victory.

Qtec
10-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Probably did.

Just like he ran the Marathon in under 3 hours.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Republican Paul Ryan now says he didn't run a marathon in less than three hours as he claimed in a nationally broadcast interview.

The vice presidential hopeful acknowledged Saturday he had misstated his marathon time by<span style='font-size: 23pt'> more than an hour.</span>

Q

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/80554.html#ixzz298PSLhjz
</div></div>

hondo
10-13-2012, 09:56 AM
LOL! Q and Sofla are reporting truth out of fear.
For larry, 1984 was an instruction manual, not a warning.

Soflasnapper
10-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Not to mention, IT'S A QUESTION! (See question mark)

A question with the now many predicates showing that for a supposedly honest guy, this guy lies a lot.

"I'm not the kind of guy who votes against something and then asks for money from what I voted against." (paraphrasing)

True only if he accidentally left out "more than four times. I try to only ask for money in those cases no more than 3 or 4 times."

Or, clearly, he IS that kind of guy and lied about that?

It's an obvious question: did you know that Curt Cobain said the same thing? Were you inspired by him? Or did you just borrow the story?

LWW
10-13-2012, 12:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL! Q and Sofla are reporting truth out of fear.
For larry, 1984 was an instruction manual, not a warning. </div></div>

What a tool you are.

A fetus DOES look like a bean on an ultrasound, and my brother said the same thing about my nephew ... maybe Cobain/Love overheard them?

In any event the idea that two people coming to the sam conclusion on that is as shocking as two people observing the man in the Moon.

The next point is that he claims Ryan had been pro-death instead of pro-life.

A cursory web search came up with nothing to support this.

So ... what are we left with? Sofla linked to a liar telling the lie he wanted to believe ... and you bought it because it was also the lie you wanted to believe.

Soflasnapper
10-13-2012, 02:27 PM
Lying about lying, again?

The quote from Avorosis (see above) ASKS THE QUESTION, rhetorically.

Because this was the 'science and reason' Ryan cited as the founding of his view on this subject. It's not clear whether he already had those views, and this alleged historical incident merely augmented his prior reasoning (or belief for religious reasons), or if it CHANGED his prior position.

The rest of his piece is entirely factual, or show where it isn't. Ryan is a self-described Nirvana fan, Curt Cobain the leader of Nirvana has this exact anecdote, and although ultrasounds have been around for decades, I've never heard another person make this observation and nickname their baby 'Bean.'

It may be a simple coincidence, but noting the coincidence and asking the question is not unwarranted, let alone any kind of lie.

Is it the mini-strokes, or what is your maladjustment?

LWW
10-14-2012, 04:22 AM
It was worded to allow for plausible deniability ... and also to feed the raw meat of hate to the mindless dembots.

Zerohondo's response makes my case better than I can.