PDA

View Full Version : Biden 100% wrong on Ryan

Soflasnapper
10-13-2012, 03:18 PM
In this respect.

Biden mentioned Ryan wrote two letters requesting stimulus money for his district and constituents.

It turns out it was really four letters. Two more, on top of two, which is a 100% addition to what Biden said.

I condemn Biden for his misrepresentation here of Ryan's real record. LOL!

eg8r
10-13-2012, 08:57 PM
What is really funny is that you chastise Ryan working for the people in his state yet think Obama is great for raising taxes on the poor and middle class. Talk about the real record.

eg8r

LWW
10-14-2012, 04:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is really funny is that you chastise Ryan working for the people in his state yet think Obama is great for raising taxes on the poor and middle class. Talk about the real record.

eg8r </div></div>

What is this madness of which you speak?

Qtec
10-14-2012, 05:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is really funny is that you chastise Ryan working for the people in his state </div></div>

Now I know your problem, you don't understand English!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Many of these correspondences were in line with what virtually every lawmaker does in carrying out his or her constituent duties. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>But as Biden charged in Thursday night's debate, for <u>Ryan -- who has taken a hard line against both the stimulus and government spending in general</u> -- the requests have opened him up to charges of <u>hypocrisy and insincerity.</u></span>

"I love that," Biden said. "This was such a bad program, and he writes me a letter saying, writes the Department of Energy a letter saying, `<span style='font-size: 14pt'>The reason we need this stimulus, it will create growth and jobs.</span>' His words. And now he's sitting here looking at me." </div></div>

<u>This is about Ryan's lying and hypocrisy.</u>

So what did Ryan say before..............?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Paul Ryan says his office mishandled constituent requests for stimulus funding, which is why he claimed to have never requested stimulus funds even as the documents told a different story.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>The GOP’s new vice presidential candidate has said repeatedly that he has never asked for stimulus funds,</span> but recent reports indicate he has written letters on behalf of local businesses seeking them.

The Boston Globe reported Tuesday that Ryan had sought stimulus funds for local energy conservation groups from the Department of Energy in late 2009, and a 2010 Wall Street Journal report indicated he sought funds for another local group from the Labor Department.

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>Even Thursday, Ryan continued to insist he never sought stimulus funds.

“<u>No, I never asked for stimulus,</u>” Ryan said in a local TV interview in Cincinnati Thursday.</span> </div></div>

link (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2012/08/16/paul-ryans-stimulus-problem/)

So, Ryan is a lying turd, Biden calls him out and the RW and you have a fit!

Q

Q

llotter
10-14-2012, 06:12 AM
I remember the analogy the Phil Gramm of Texas used. He said he would fight tooth and nail against various spending programs but if he lost the fight, he would fight equally hard for that spending to be done in his district. Makes sense to me.

Qtec
10-14-2012, 06:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember the analogy the Phil Gramm of Texas used. He said he would fight tooth and nail against various spending programs but if he lost the fight, he would fight equally hard for that spending to be done in his district. Makes sense to me. </div></div>

It does to me too. The difference is that Ryan LOST the fight, took the money, but still goes round the country trashing the program that he and his constituents benefited from.

Q

Gayle in MD
10-14-2012, 06:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In this respect.

Biden mentioned Ryan wrote two letters requesting stimulus money for his district and constituents.

It turns out it was really four letters. Two more, on top of two, which is a 100% addition to what Biden said.

I condemn Biden for his misrepresentation here of Ryan's real record. LOL! </div></div>

The president is going to win anyway.

Romney cannot win, unless the Repiglicans throw another election.

Here are today's averaged Polling numbers.

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/2012/romney-vs-obama-electoral-map

There is no path for Romney to get 270 electoral votes.

Qtec
10-14-2012, 06:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Romney cannot win, unless the Repiglicans throw another election. </div></div>

They are trying their best G. read (http://billiardsdigest.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=401052#Post401052)

Q

llotter
10-14-2012, 09:01 AM
Conservatives believe that the money would better be left with the taxpayer than funneled through Washington. It is not a contradiction to continue fighting against a program that had previously passed with the hope that it might be defeated at some point. Meanwhile, since your district taxpayers are forced to pay for it, they should have the right to get some of it back if possible.

Soflasnapper
10-14-2012, 10:24 AM
Sure, and that's a respectable position.

Not that any district taxpayers pay for money that is borrowed, or the interest due on it that's borrowed, until far down the line.

But ok.

That's not the point. The point is to say what you do, not claim that you do not do that. Ryan said he wasn't that kind of guy to ask for money on programs he voted against. That was a lie, and he is a phony, pretending he's different from what he is and did.

It's worse than just this lying issue. He claimed and obviously believed that such funding would help create jobs and growth directly in some of the requests. This is the opposite of what he now claims. He now claims that those monies could not have had any effect on jobs or economic growth, and therefore didn't have such an effect. But we know he does believe they do, really does, because of his direct pleas for stimulus himself in the well of the House. In the far milder recession of George W., and then as confirmed in the '09 requests.

Not only that, and to my surprise, guess what? The House Republicans crafted their OWN alternate stimulus bill at the time the president's was in consideration. They voted for their own stimulus bill in early '09. The size of their stimulus was in excess of $750 billion dollars, essentially the same size as the one that passed. They must have thought their proposal to borrow and spend $750 billion would have a good effect.

Unless an analysis would show something entirely different about that huge stimulus they wanted, they showed they agreed in principle with the idea: borrowing the better part of $1 trillion dollars and spending it to make jobs and stimulate economic growth was not only a good idea, but they wanted to do that themselves, just somehow differently from the president's plan. How differently? Enough differently they can stand on some principle that it was way different? Who knows? I doubt it, because that bit of history has been swept under the rug, and I doubt anyone here knew a thing about their stimulus bill even existing, or that the GOP en masse supported it.

So even THEY know that kind of thing worked, and proposed doing it themselves (with a slight discount that is meaningless on that amount of money), and NOW say, Ryan in the lead role, that no such government program could ever work, and did not work. Lies. Not what they themselves did when they formulated and voted for their own $750 billion stimulus plan.

Have they differentiated their own plan? No, they are hiding the fact that they did one, the better to bash the stimulus we got as completely off base and something that could never work.

Soflasnapper
10-14-2012, 10:35 AM
There is no path for Romney to get 270 electoral votes.

Just quick math in my head, if he wins every toss up state on that board, and keeps what he has now, he ekes out a 275 vote that is (barely) enough. I agree it's unlikely he can do that, but there is your path (as of now).

But frankly, all that relies on the past week's trends stopping (which I think they have, but...).

eg8r
10-15-2012, 08:09 AM
I understand just fine. If he did indeed ask for the funds then it was for the people in his state. He was working for the people. Obama on the other hand has "stuck" it to the people. Raising taxes on poor and middle class.

eg8r

eg8r
10-15-2012, 08:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It does to me too.</div></div>What a freaking liar. You trash anyone that does this as a flip flopper as if that is something bad. Your "difference" is no difference at all. Ryan was against the money being spent but he is going to get everything he can for his state even if he STILLS DISAGREES WITH THE MONEY BEING SPENT!!! This is all common sense stuff that just blows over your head like the jet stream.

eg8r

eg8r
10-15-2012, 08:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sure, and that's a respectable position.

Not that any district taxpayers pay for money that is borrowed, or the interest due on it that's borrowed, until far down the line.</div></div>LOL, it is hilarious. Yet again, the longer you talk the sooner you agree. It took just part of one sentence before you tried to make llotter sound incorrect before you ended up agreeing with him. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Soflasnapper
10-15-2012, 08:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I understand just fine. If he did indeed ask for the funds then it was for the people in his state. He was working for the people. Obama on the other hand has "stuck" it to the people. Raising taxes on poor and middle class.

eg8r </div></div>

He LIED about asking for the money, which he was entitled to ask for, and which he should have asked for, to better the situation for his constituents. The problem isn't the asking, but the lying about it, and the REASON stated in the request, that the spending would create jobs and economic growth.

He denied he made those requests, and denied that such subsidies could ever create jobs or economic growth. Lied on both matters.

Obama has not raised taxes on the poor and middle class, he's cut them. Makes sense why you're defending Ryan, as you share his characteristic in this regard. Lying, I mean.

eg8r
10-15-2012, 08:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The problem isn't the asking, </div></div>BS. Go back to Biden's childish reaction in the debate. It was ALL ABOUT the "asking".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama has not raised taxes on the poor and middle class, he's cut them.</div></div>BS. Obamacare is a huge tax. Middle class on average make $4k less now than they did before. Obama has done nothing to help and only made it tougher on the poor and middle class. Maybe that doesn't hold up to the definiton of a govnernment "tax" however in the real world when people are struggling and there are more and more bills to pay that becomes "taxing". Wake up sofla, not everyone is as slow as you with tax forms and can afford to pay more than they should.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
10-15-2012, 11:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is no path for Romney to get 270 electoral votes.

Just quick math in my head, if he wins every toss up state on that board, and keeps what he has now, he ekes out a 275 vote that is (barely) enough. I agree it's unlikely he can do that, but there is your path (as of now).

But frankly, all that relies on the past week's trends stopping (which I think they have, but...). </div></div>

I just checked the electoral map, at Huffpo, which isn't their creation, BTW, but is an average of the polling data, annd the President stands today at 275 electoral votes this morning.

Yesterday, the President was at 271.

Romney's highest ever was 210, which has dropped back down, 206. with the president still showing a lead in the Battleground states, and quite a lead in the early voting numbers.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/15/2012-polls-obama-battleground_n_1966564.html

Of course most rational people understand that the inequality built into the Repiglican economic policies are at the heart of the overall inequality in every aspect of American life, from education, to law enforcement targetting of minorities, to corruption which always expands, as Repiglicans privatize, gouging on the part of big pharma, and the oil industry, health and insurance industries, and as politicians deregulate our safety measures in all arenas, from banking to food, from insurance to credit cards, from health care to health insurannce, all in the interest of their corrupt CEO contributors, the thieves at the very top, who stole our national wealth, polluted our air and water, devalued our homes, made us sick, and threw us out of health incurance policies, after they polluted us into the hospital, or in the case of Romney's type, outsourced our jobs, and cut off retirement and health care which had been paid by those he stole everything away from in his greed and lust for more, more, more.

That same top one percent has been most responsible for oursourcing American jobs, creating intentionally complicated economic practices which enhanced their ability to steal, and gamble recklessly with the nation's wealth, and the hard earned money of hard working Middle Class American's invested money, as well.

And as Repiglican economics have created numerous opportunities for the wealthy CEo, hedge funder, oursourcers, to continuously contribute less and less to the pot, they also have been paying themselves quadrupple the amount per earned employee dollar that was the compared rate in the early nineties, and an even greater inequality as the years have passed.

Corruption in the banking and investment, r atings annd even now we learn the Libor banking nujmbers, all of these industries are robbing the globe, AND pulluting it as well.

That must stop!

Repiglicans are certainly not the party that will ever stop such colossal theft, in fact, their preferred economic policies created and promoted it, IMO.

G.

Soflasnapper
10-15-2012, 11:31 AM
Obamacare is a huge tax.

Yes, it's pretty big. However, you will never pay any part of it, only people with earnings similar to mine will be hit. And my cohort will begin to pay it in 2014. Nothing this year, nothing next year.

Gayle in MD
10-15-2012, 12:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Romney cannot win, unless the Repiglicans throw another election. </div></div>

They are trying their best G. read (http://billiardsdigest.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=401052#Post401052)

Q </div></div>

I still don't think crazy wins.

And they certainly ARE crazy!

Like this quote from back in time:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When conservatives defeated moderate California Senator Thomas Kuchel, he lashed out at what he called a “fanatical neo-fascist political cult” in the grips of a “strange mixture of corrosive hatred and sickening fear.” </div></div>

Boy, he sure got that right!

eg8r
10-15-2012, 01:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, it's pretty big. However, you will never pay any part of it, only people with earnings similar to mine will be hit.</div></div>Apparently that big paycheck of yours does pay to remove any of the cement from your big head. LOL, the poor who make significantly less that that big paycheck of yours will get hit the second they are forced to use their own money to pay.

eg8r

Qtec
10-16-2012, 01:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BS. Go back to Biden's childish reaction in the debate. It was ALL ABOUT the "asking".
</div></div>

No it isn't. Here is another denier and hypocrite.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oklahoma’s Biggest Stimulus Hypocrite Tapped To Deliver GOP’s Weekly Address

Oklahoma congressional candidate Markwayne Mullin, the Republican nominee to replace retiring <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Rep. Dan Boren (D), has openly criticized President Obama’s economic stimulus package throughout his campaign. The stimulus was <u>a “horrible waste of taxpayer dollars,”</u></span> said Mullin, who will give the GOP’s national address this weekend.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Mullin’s plumbing company, however, received $370,000 in stimulus funding, the Associated Press found last month:</span>

another hypocrite (http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/10/12/1003191/oklahoma-republican-criticizes-stimulus-as-horrible-waste-after-his-company-received-370000-from-it/)

Q

A review of stimulus spending by The Associated Press shows companies owned by Markwayne Mullin received the money under contracts with the Cherokee and Muscogee (Creek) nations.

The payments were for plumbing at tribal housing projects and funded through the federal Department of Housing and Urban Development.

Mullin responded to the story by asserting that he wasn’t aware that the contracts came from the stimulus, and that “plumbing is plumbing.” Had he known the money came from the stimulus, Mullin said, he probably wouldn’t have submitted a bid to work the project. <span style='font-size: 23pt'>Documents from the Cherokee Nation, however, revealed that <u>Mullin’s firm was aware that the funding came from the stimulus.</u> </span></div></div>

hondo
10-16-2012, 06:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It does to me too.</div></div>What a freaking liar. You trash anyone that does this as a flip flopper as if that is something bad. Your "difference" is no difference at all. Ryan was against the money being spent but he is going to get everything he can for his state even if he STILLS DISAGREES WITH THE MONEY BEING SPENT!!! This is all common sense stuff that just blows over your head like the jet stream.

eg8r </div></div>

Exhibit 333.

hondo
10-16-2012, 06:16 AM
"Wake up sofla, not everyone is as slow as you with tax forms and can afford to pay more than they should."

Exhibit 335.

hondo
10-16-2012, 06:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, it's pretty big. However, you will never pay any part of it, only people with earnings similar to mine will be hit.</div></div>Apparently that big paycheck of yours does pay to remove any of the cement from your big head. LOL, the poor who make significantly less that that big paycheck of yours will get hit the second they are forced to use their own money to pay.

eg8r </div></div>

Exhibit 403.

eg8r
10-16-2012, 07:31 AM
Quit hypocritically shadowposting.

eg8r

eg8r
10-16-2012, 07:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No it isn't. Here is another denier and hypocrite.</div></div>Actually it was.

eg8r

eg8r
10-16-2012, 07:35 AM
Quit hypocritically posting.

eg8r &lt;~~~thinks it is funny that even though honduh can't count it is funny to see him admitting to at least a minimum of 403 posts in the past month that have nothing to do with the subject. Could he be any less useful around here?

eg8r
10-16-2012, 07:35 AM

eg8r

hondo
10-16-2012, 08:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Quit hypocritically posting.

eg8r &lt;~~~thinks it is funny that even though honduh can't count it is funny to see him admitting to at least a minimum of 403 posts in the past month that have nothing to do with the subject. Could he be any less useful around here? </div></div>

Finally figured out the numbers, huh?
Hell, you toss out the insults so fast and furious, I could never keep an accurate count.

eg8r
10-16-2012, 10:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I could never keep an accurate count. </div></div>LOL, we have always known you couldn't count.

eg8r