PDA

View Full Version : Myth's 800+ vetoes real, and also, overturned?

Soflasnapper
10-18-2012, 01:43 PM
I've heard elsewhere that Myth's claim of bi-partisan working with the Democrats in Massachusetts was maybe slightly wrong, considering he actually vetoed 800+ bills passed by the Massachusetts Democrats in the legislature. That seemed an amazing, and astoundingly high, number.

Now I hear that so many of his vetoes were overturned (using the usual probably 2/3rds super-majority necessary that I presume Massachusetts uses like most states do) that the number of vetoes overturned was also over 800. Which is even more astounding.

Is this true? One or both? I will look it up, but those are astounding numbers if true. An average of 200 a year? Whoah.

Soflasnapper
10-18-2012, 02:20 PM
Well, I should have been a bit more cautious than to be hooked in by the liberal media. Obviously, they will lie about Romney in every respect, and I should have been more willing to accept what Romney himself said in the first debate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I figured out from Day 1 I had to get along, and I had to work across the aisle to get anything done. </div></div>

Quite so. And with considerable chagrin, I now admit my error in believing these ridiculous attacks against Romney, the man, the myth, the legend.

He did NOT veto over 800 bills. It was exactly 800. Shameless exaggeration by his critics.

And nowheres close to 800+ bills he vetoed were overturned. The number? The far lower number, 707.

Here. (http://www.politicususa.com/romneys-800-vetoes-governor-belie-claim-bipartisan.html)

So those charges are laughable, Myth's patina of bi-partisanship is fully restored to its molding green color, and PolitiFact will judge such charges as 'mainly false.' LOL!