PDA

View Full Version : Boredom on "No Work" days.

rackmup
10-10-2002, 01:26 PM
Did you know that no piece of square, dry copier or notebook paper can be folded in half more than seven times?

Regards,

Ken (At lunch time, I sat in my parked car with sunglasses on and pointed a hair dryer at passing cars. Most of them slowed down. I think I'll give all of you a break and go to the poolroom.)

Kato
10-10-2002, 01:39 PM
I'd say you're right about the paper thing. I only tried it twice but it seems you're right.

Kato~~~why did I do that?

Jay M
10-10-2002, 02:04 PM
Onion skin will fold more than 7 times =)

TomBrooklyn
10-10-2002, 02:49 PM
Do you know that it's almost impossible to eat a regular slice of white bread in one minute or less. If you want to put a fun wager on this, I will challenge you to try and accept the results on your honor. This should help you fill your day. =TB=

SpiderMan
10-10-2002, 03:07 PM
What's the catch? No water? I think I'd bet $100 that I could do it.

SpiderMan

TomBrooklyn
10-10-2002, 03:24 PM
Right, no water. You get 60 seconds to swallow all of it. It has to be all gone completely, (not counting something you would need dental floss to get out.) A regular piece of white bread. It just has to be a regular size piece, not an extra skinny one for weightwatchers. WonderBread is good or the equivilent. I'm not really much of a gambler SM, but I'll take $5. worth of that Benjaman just for giggles.

heater451
10-10-2002, 03:28 PM
Supposedly, you also can't down a gallon of whole milk, and keep it down, in an hour's time.

==================

SpiderMan
10-10-2002, 03:38 PM
I don't like that "no water" stipulation. I'd hate to gag to death for $5.

SpiderMan

rackmup
10-10-2002, 03:43 PM
58 seconds. No water. No milk.

(it was "Mrs. Bairds Buttertop Whole Wheat", though)

Regards,

Ken

SPetty
10-10-2002, 04:06 PM
I also hear it's virtually impossible to crush a whole raw egg in your fist. Wrap your hand around it, and without digging in your fingertips, squeeze.

I told a guy this and he thought I was nuts. He came back the next day sheepishly admitting that he couldn't do it...

Rod
10-10-2002, 04:09 PM
Tom,
I think that would be an easy bet and I wouldn't even chew for the first 5 to 10 seconds. No I'm not going to dunk or wet it in any way. I don't ever buy white bread though.

eg8r
10-10-2002, 05:20 PM
Cheater. ha ha

eg8r
10-10-2002, 05:22 PM
can you get the onion skin in the shape of a square? I guess after cutting it that way, then how do you fold it without the skin breaking?

eg8r

Doctor_D
10-10-2002, 05:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> Did you know that no piece of square, dry paper can be folded in half more than seven times?

Regards,

Ken (At lunch time, I sat in my parked car with sunglasses on and pointed a hair dryer at passing cars. Most of them slowed down. I think I'll give all of you a break and go to the poolroom.) <hr></blockquote>

Good evening Ken:

You have too damn much time on your hands. Come to New York City and we will put you to work!

/ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

Dr. D.

Cueless Joey
10-10-2002, 07:16 PM
You can't visit Mexico for a day and not go to the bathroom 24 hours later. :-)

Barbara
10-10-2002, 07:23 PM
Well heck!! I'd pay him mucho pecans to write the NEWT tourny articles!!

C'mon Ken, whaddya say???

Barbara~~~just finished the NJ State article, two weeks later...

10-10-2002, 09:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Cueless Joey:</font><hr> You can't visit Mexico for a day and not go to the bathroom 24 hours later. :-) <hr></blockquote>

Montezuma's revenge!

Jay M
10-11-2002, 05:15 AM
ummmm, there's a type of paper called "onion skin" sometimes also called "tracing paper" It's extremely thin paper. It will fold without breaking (if it's good quality) and, due to the thickness, it can be folded more times than regular paper.

Jay M

Doctor_D
10-11-2002, 05:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Barbara:</font><hr> Well heck!! I'd pay him mucho pecans to write the NEWT tourny articles!!

C'mon Ken, whaddya say???

Barbara~~~just finished the NJ State article, two weeks later... <hr></blockquote>

OK Ken, Mr. Rackmup, here is an excellent way for you to start working off all that unpaid alimony you owe me! Link up with Barabra and become the office sports editor for the North Eastern Women's Tour. Put your talents to work and at the same time avoid my wrath!!!

/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Dr. D.

rackmup
10-11-2002, 06:36 AM
I would be honored Barbara. Send me a ticket, ask Dr_D to get the couch ready and please arrange for trasportation while I am there.

I'll begin packing.

Regards,

Ken (would love to be a published author)

rackmup
10-11-2002, 07:07 AM
You cannot fit more than three pool balls in your mouth at one time.

http://www.allfunpix.com/humor/pics/poolball.jpg

Regards,

Ken (apologies to OnePocketChamp for posting pics of his current girlfriend)

MikeM
10-11-2002, 11:00 AM
If a co-worker leaves his desk with his lunch sitting there, it takes approximateley 30 seconds to smash his potato chips into dust while still in the bag and shake his soda bottle vigorously. And the fun times when he returns are just the begining!

MM

9 Ball Girl
10-11-2002, 11:08 AM
You'd better be careful Tom. If Spidey wins he might break into that hypnotic Spiderman Victory Dance! LOL /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

heater451
10-11-2002, 07:49 PM
I didn't time myself, but today I happen to have a slice of white bread with some peanut butter, and I definitely noticed a lack of saliva, towards the end of choking it down. The peanut butter might be giving false indication, but I think it could be done.

However, thinking a little further, I'm sure it would go much easier, if you pressed the slice flat, to minimize saliva absorbtion. It also might then help, to bite and swallow, with as little chewing as possible.

(Don't ask me why I bother to think about these things--it just happens.)

Has anyone brought up the "forty eggs" yet (this time)?

====================

SPetty
10-11-2002, 08:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: heater451:</font><hr> I'm sure it would go much easier, if you pressed the slice flat, to minimize saliva absorbtion. <hr></blockquote>As I read the challenge, I figured I would spend my first 30 seconds wadding up the bread into a nice ball. Although I didn't try it, it does seem like it would go down more quickly that way.

Barbara
10-11-2002, 08:15 PM
Hey! It was 50 eggs. That was the bet in "Cool Hand Luke". And then you have to lay on the table like a Jesus on a Cross (for those of you who might have noticed the symbolism.) (For those of you who haven't, please take out your Cliff notes, it might have been covered, so please read...)

"It looks like a ripe wat'a melon ready ta burst!!" Thump thump!!

Barbara~~~would give Paul Newman the 8 and Spiderman the buffet... ! /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif!

Barbara
10-11-2002, 08:18 PM
Well yeah! It's a lot easier to chew down in a ball. Did you make the time limit or what?

Barbara~~~wonders if she is being set up for a bet... ?

Tom_In_Cincy
10-11-2002, 08:20 PM
"Cool Hand Luke" one of the great movies... lots of great actors in the early years of their career..

One of the best Movies of 1967...

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>
Her loose-fitting blouse with well-endowed breasts begins to open up and taunt them: "She ain't got nothin' but, nothin' but one safety pin holdin' that thing on. Come on safety pin, POP. Come on baby, POP." The men dig more vigorously as she heightens her own cleansing activity. Dragline prays to the heavens to sustain his eyesight just a little longer for the girl he names Lucille: "Hey Lord, whatever I done, don't strike me blind for another couple of minutes. My Lucille!...That's Lucille, you mother-head. Anything so innocent and built like that just gotta be named Lucille."

Knowing that she has a ripe and attentive audience, the blonde rubs the car harder and harder. In the most blatantly sexual act of all - the orgasmic conclusion to her show - she squeezes the white foam out of her sponge and rubs the soap suds across her abdomen:

Convict: She don't know what she's doin'.
Luke: Oh boy, she knows exactly what she's doin'. She's drivin' us crazy and lovin' every minute of it.
Dragline: Shut your mouth about my Lucille.
<hr></blockquote>

Rod
10-11-2002, 10:27 PM
SPetty I figured my first 10 seconds for that move. New fresh bread really compresses. I don't have a slice of white but I'm sure 60 sec is no problem. Reminds me of a guy in the pool room years ago. He said he coud drink a can of beer in 5 sec or less. It was under 4 sec!

TomBrooklyn
10-12-2002, 11:28 AM
Sorry, your not allowed to compress the bread before you start. Also, please be careful, it can be dangerous to try and swallow the bread without chewing it. It can cause choking. Tom

TomBrooklyn
10-12-2002, 11:36 AM
You could watch this video. It's guarenteed to alleviate your acedia.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.owlnet.rice.edu/~mrdarius/music/tunak.ram>http://www.owlnet.rice.edu/~mrdarius/music/tunak.ram</a>

Can you point with one hand across the front of your body and swing your other arm around while wiggling your fingers at the same time?

Carol from Staten Island, don't watch this.

Tunak tunak tun Tunak tunak tun Tunak tunak tun... Da Da Da

=TB=

nAz
10-12-2002, 02:00 PM
lol thats funny TomB now i got that damn song in my head

heater451
10-12-2002, 02:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rod:</font><hr> . . .Reminds me of a guy in the pool room years ago. He said he coud drink a can of beer in 5 sec or less. It was under 4 sec! <hr></blockquote>If you've ever watched "The Man Show", you've probably seen Bill 'The Fox' Foster <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/drdrew/articles/2000/manshow.html>(R.I.P)</a> drink a mug of brew in about a second and a half (okay, maybe two).

In the case with your guy, I would guess that the 'bottleneck' would actually be the can he was drinking from. Did he punch a "shotgun" hole?

(Sorry, to make this thread even longer, but it's still smaller than the one about Dr. D's lawsuit--which I haven't even read within. . . .)

====================

Rod
10-12-2002, 03:21 PM
Heater haven't watched that show. RIP is that our RIP? ha ha ha! Yep he did punch another hole, pretty fast can of beer! It's ok about this thread, we're dealing with cold hard facts. LOL The Dr D thread is pure speculation. Besides he drank this in a pool room. ha

10-12-2002, 10:39 PM
But that ain't how we scoot 'em down at the Longhorn /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

SpiderMan

10-12-2002, 10:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Barbara:</font><hr> Barbara~~~would give Paul Newman the 8 and Spiderman the buffet... ! /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif! <hr></blockquote>

Hmm .. Not sure exactly what you mean there, but if it's a challenge let's all go down to the Rio next May! BTW, I've never been out-eaten by anyone under 350 lbs (and never sat down at the table with anyone over 350!).

SpiderMan (185, with two 38" hollow legs)