PDA

View Full Version : I'm in Trouble Now

Fred Agnir
10-10-2002, 01:52 PM
The newly updated BCA dress code is out.

http://www.azbilliards.com/2000pressrelease.cfm?id=69

So much for wearing my John McEnroe headband, Dr. Seus hat, bike shorts, and sandals.

HTH,

Fred <~~~ off to Gentlemen's Warehouse

10-10-2002, 03:22 PM
I love the opening sentence which reads, "The Billiard Congress of America (BCA) maintains high standards for all aspects of its tournaments, and the dress code is no exception."

So ... do the refs in vegas who can't make a good call to save their lives fall into that "high standards" category? How about the overly-rude staff that runs the tournament (including John Lewis himself)? I really just want clarification as to what is included in those "high standards" /webbbs/images/icons/wink.gif

Barbara
10-10-2002, 03:34 PM
You know, they just don't get it!

If I were to wear a sleeveless turtleneck (like I did last year) it would be out of code. If I were to wear the sleeveless silk shell (like I wanted to next year but didn't make it into the next round), I'd be out of code.

I have to wear a collared shirt. A polo shirt.

When will the BCA get real with women's dress shirts?

Barbara~~~emailing the BCA on this one...

SPetty
10-10-2002, 04:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Fred Agnir:</font><hr> The newly updated BCA dress code is out. <hr></blockquote>Hi Fred,

Maybe the obviousosity (haha - made that up!) is part of the joke here, but you did realize this press release is over two years old, didn't you?

Mr Ingrate
10-10-2002, 05:15 PM
Fred,

So they aren't going to let you wear that backless number at the BCA tournament to show off your tattoo. Damn Shame.

Saw your movie last Friday when it opened. Anthony Hopkins was great, as usual.

Chris Cass
10-10-2002, 06:19 PM
Wow Fred,

I thought you dressed rather sporty in Vegas. Clean cut and proper. Kind of like a college student. Definitely in style and more so that most of the players I saw there.

Regards,

C.C.

Barbara
10-10-2002, 06:24 PM
Actually SPetty, they must have forgotten to update the date because Betty Harris got back to me and she did verify that women have to wear shirts with sleeves and collars.

Sorry, I'd rather wear something with a little more style than a polo shirt and I don't like sleeves restricting my upper arm movement. Oh well.

Barbara~~~just trying to dress up the game a little...

Doctor_D
10-10-2002, 06:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Barbara:</font><hr> Actually SPetty, they must have forgotten to update the date because Betty Harris got back to me and she did verify that women have to wear shirts with sleeves and collars.

Sorry, I'd rather wear something with a little more style than a polo shirt and I don't like sleeves restricting my upper arm movement. Oh well.

Barbara~~~just trying to dress up the game a little...

<hr></blockquote>

Good evening Barbara:

No worries my dear friend, you have looked great at every event I have seen you at.

/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Dr. D.

phil in sofla
10-11-2002, 12:32 AM
Most decent places already banned that kind of motorcycle gang wear long ago. You must play at some rough places.

CarolNYC
10-11-2002, 04:01 AM
I agree with Chris,
You have no problems-your fine the way you are!
Carol:)

CarolNYC
10-11-2002, 05:03 AM
Hey Barb,
Check this out-Karen is playing a match and is on the hill-her opponent complains to ref she is out of dress code-they stop the match and make her change-talk about BS?The match already started-shes on the damn hill-whats up with that!
Carol

Fred Agnir
10-11-2002, 06:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Chris Cass:</font><hr> Wow Fred,

I thought you dressed rather sporty in Vegas. Clean cut and proper. Kind of like a college student. Definitely in style and more so that most of the players I saw there. <hr></blockquote>

Well, that's because they said I had to wear a collared shirt. I'm a t-shirt type of guy. I think I wore shorts this year, but as of this update, that no longer is allowed.

I do feel bad for the ladies as well, as I agree with Barbara that a collared shirt requirement is sort of misplaced with the ladies.

Fred &lt;~~~ have collar, will travel

Fred Agnir
10-11-2002, 06:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SPetty:</font><hr> &lt;
Maybe the obviousosity (haha - made that up!) is part of the joke here, but you did realize this press release is over two years old, didn't you? <hr></blockquote>
I think the original dress code is from 2000. The new release is some sort of update or clarification. No shorts. No hats.

Fred

10-11-2002, 09:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Fred Agnir:</font><hr> The newly updated BCA dress code is out.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.azbilliards.com/2000pressrelease.cfm?id=69>http://www.azbilliards.com/2000pressrelease.cfm?id=69</a>

So much for wearing my John McEnroe headband, Dr. Seus hat, bike shorts, and sandals.

HTH,

Fred &lt;~~~ off to Gentlemen's Warehouse <hr></blockquote>

Wow.. maybe I should take up a different game, since I think that even if I *DID* wear all of the proper clothing, they still wouldn't let me in because my hair is uncombed, and I forgot my deoderant. Do they do body-cavity searches also to see if you have any hidden baseball caps that you could "accidentally" wear while watching the matches?

Eric.
10-11-2002, 10:01 AM
So what you're telling me is that I will have to update my Spring funwear, my Summer sportsgear, my Fall fashionwear and my Winter Formal attire (all my T-shirts and bluejeans)?

Eric &gt;Damn.

Barbara
10-11-2002, 02:50 PM
Carol,

That was waaaaaay out of line for the ref to do and I hope Karen took down the ref's name and reported it.

When I was doing my floor training I was taught to check the players as they were coming to the table/warming up. If you spotted something that may go against the rules (like having 4 cues out or such) you were to approach the player discreetly and point out the condition that would violate the rules like, "The BCA limits the amount of cues you may use during a match." or "You may not wear a baseball cap during match play." If a player is out of dress code, this must be addressed before the match begins. If the ref fails to do so, then he/she must wait until the end of the match to make mention of this to the player. Under no circumstances should the ref suspend play to rectify a situation that should have been handled before the start of the match.

Barbara