PDA

View Full Version : UPA Event: The Lucasi Atlanta Pro Open

10-10-2002, 05:19 PM
The following is info on the Lucasi Atlanta Open. Please forward this to anyone you know who would be interested in playing or watching the event.

Hotel info:

La Quinta– call 1-770-951-0026 and ask for tournament rate of $49 plus tax

For further information, latest updates, and to join go to www.upatour.com (http://www.upatour.com)

Event
Lucasi Atlanta Pro 9-Ball Open

Dates
Octobe 23-27, 2002

Players Meeting
October 23rd at 8:00 PM

Airport
Atlanta airport

Shuttle
Transportation will be provided back and forth to La Quintas hotel to venue

Charity Event
October 23rd at 6:00 pm for Boys and Girls Club

Hotel
Las Quintas – call 1-770-951-0026 and ask for tournament rate of $49 plus tax

*Entry fee is $300 and will go up to $325 after Oct. 19

For further info call 1-321-276-3967 or 1-770-579-3388

cueball1950
10-10-2002, 09:34 PM
i am a big fan of Pool tournaments and love to watch these guys play. But i will never watch a Tournament promoted under current UPA rules. Nor will i buy any products of their sponsors. Charlie Williams would have to rework his thinking and rethink his format. Single elimination, race to 15. Not worth going to watch. some of the best matches are on the losers side when these guys know if they lose they are done. i feel the players play alot harder under the double. And is their any truth to the rumor that Charkie was at the Open trying to get players not to play. If he was going to boycott the Open, he should have stayed away. Instead of showing up to get players to not play. Or was he just looking to see who ignored his request to boycott, and maybe retaliate at a later date. makes me wonder,,,Just my ramblings, and own personal observations. besides, why did Charlie not post any responses on here before the open..............................mike

Ken
10-10-2002, 09:49 PM
Mike, I agree with everything you have said and have stated before that I will never attend any event promoted by the Little Dictator.

My question is how are they going to have a 5 day tournament with single elimination and an added of only $20,000? This would be a waste of time for spectators and players alike. He wants his players seeded to guarantee that they get most if not all of the money. What amateur is going to pay $300 and waste a week of his vacation time to attend this farce? Maybe he'll get 70 players if he's lucky. This could be done in one day in any decent size room. TK does a double elim. in one day. Do it over a weekend and he might even get a few spectators.

KenCT

Drake
10-11-2002, 01:12 AM
I will be there. I've only been to three Pro tournaments and this one and Derby are on my list. Sure, Charlie made a mistake with the OPEN. I just hope he learned from it.