PDA

View Full Version : Powell’s former chief of staff: ‘My GOP is racist

Solomon Grundy
10-27-2012, 01:35 AM
<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Colin Powell’s former chief of staff: ‘My party is full of racists’</span>
Jillian Rayfield
9:09 pm on 10/26/2012

http://tv.msnbc.com/2012/10/26/colin-powells-former-chief-of-staff-my-party-is-full-of-racists/

Col. Lawrence Wilkerson, Colin Powell’s chief of staff during his time as secretary of state, decried John Sununu’s comment that Powell only endorsed Barack Obama because they are both black. “To say that Colin Powell would endorse President Obama because of his skin color is like saying Mother Teresa worked for profit,” Wilkerson told Ed Schultz.

Wilkerson said on The Ed Show that though he respects Sununu, a top Romney adviser and surrogate, “I don’t have any respect for the integrity of the position that he seemed to codify. Look at me, Ed, I’m white. I’m not black. Colin Powell picked me because of the content of my character and my competence.”

He added that he thinks Sununu’s remark was an “unfortunate slip of words,” but that it speaks to larger problem in the Republican party.

<span style="color: #CC0000">“My party, unfortunately, is the bastion of those people, not all of them, but most of them, who are still basing their decision on race,” Wilkerson said. “Let me just be candid: My party is full of racists. And the real reason a considerable portion of my party wants President Obama out of the White House has nothing to do with the content of his character, nothing to do with his competence as commander-in-chief and president, and everything to do with the color of his skin. And that’s despicable.”
</span>
In an interview with radio host Michael Smerconish Friday, the president brushed off Sununu’s remarks, saying he will let Powell’s statement and support “speak for itself.”
“I don’t think that there are many people in America who would question Gen. Powell’s credibility, his patriotism, his willingness to tell it straight,” Obama said. “So any suggestion that Gen. Powell would make such a profound statement in such an important election based on anything other than what he thought would be best for America doesn’t make much sense.”

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/304364_482175838479551_1282956079_n.png

Gayle in MD
10-27-2012, 05:51 AM
I think there are many Republican retired military officers who have tremendous fear over the thought of a nutjob like Romney, so obviously mentally unbalanced, ever running this country, and for very good reasons.

It is obvious Romney will get all of us blown up, as he have chosen the same neocons who were behind the Bush Iraq Fiasco, as his top level cabinet, obviously, and Romney and Ryan have proven they have no clue at all about how to do anything but outsource American Jobs, waste time with their dreams of leading the American Taliban, insult other nations, Lie their arses off, and lose jobs, as Mitsey's governorship proved.

He left Mass. in debt, had a horrific record number of lost jobs.

Only the righties love LIARS, RACISTS, HOMOPHOBICS AND MISOGYNISTIC PIGS.

G.

hondo
10-27-2012, 07:46 AM
Many of the posters on these forums seem racist, fascist, and homophobic.
They deflect by constantly accusing the other side of the same thing or by demanding definitions of racism.
They fool no one who can think.

Gayle in MD
10-27-2012, 07:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Many of the posters on these forums seem racist, fascist, and homophobic.
They deflect by constantly accusing the other side of the same thing or by demanding definitions of racism.
They fool no one who can think. </div></div>

That's putting it mildly! LOL.

What is really incredible is realizing how many stupid people there are in this country.

Only three kinds of people vote for Repigs.

Greedy wealthy polluters and corporate pigs, like insurance, Oil Big Pharma, medical scammers, the shadow banking and Wall St.thieves, corporate fascists who don't care one bit about this country but only about being able to drain American wealth to service their own greed. perhaps the worst are those cheimical pigs who want no regulations, and hence, they vote only in an effort to avoid taxes and regulations, even when the country desperately needs to increase revenues in order to get out of the Bush mess..and cleand up the food and environmental filth.

Racists gun toting radicals who are homophobic and misogynistic, and THINK they understand economics.

And those religious zealots who think God is talking to them, so that makes them the appropriate dictators.

They just might be the craziest and the worst of all, as far as being a threat to peace and humanity!

They are the mentally challenged lambs beling led to the slaughter, and they're too stupid to realize it.

G.

hondo
10-27-2012, 02:26 PM
You'd be surprised. It has been the mission of limberger, beck, hannity, rove, coulter, and boner ,and the tea party to convince the American people that anything negative that has happened to to them the past 4 years has been Obama's fault.
They have been conned and they believe it is true.
I think Romney will win the election.

Gayle in MD
10-28-2012, 10:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You'd be surprised. It has been the mission of limberger, beck, hannity, rove, coulter, and boner ,and the tea party to convince the American people that anything negative that has happened to to them the past 4 years has been Obama's fault.
I think Romney will win the election. </div></div>

I think the president will win.

There are seven states now considered batleground.

The president can actually afford to lose Ohio, although I do not think he will lost it, Romney cannot win without Ohio, AND other BG states, but even if Mitsey wins Ohio, The Pres. only needs three Battleground states, to win, under a number of scenarios. For example, Give the Pres only Va., Wisc., New Hampshire, and he would still win, at 270, and that is with giving Romney Ohio, Florida, Iowa and Colorado, Romney would still only get 268 electoral votes.

Or even if the President does not get NC, Fla, Ohio, he would still beat Romney in electoral votes.

Romney's numbers, as always, Don't add up! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

IMO, Gallup AND Rasmucousare not even important, at this point.

The National numbers won't count one bit, it will be won in battleground states, only.

G.

Stretch
10-28-2012, 12:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You'd be surprised. It has been the mission of limberger, beck, hannity, rove, coulter, and boner ,and the tea party to convince the American people that anything negative that has happened to to them the past 4 years has been Obama's fault.
I think Romney will win the election. </div></div>

I think the president will win.

There are seven states now considered batleground.

The president can actually afford to lose Ohio, although I do not think he will lost it, Romney cannot win without Ohio, AND other BG states, but even if Mitsey wins Ohio, The Pres. only needs three Battleground states, to win, under a number of scenarios. For example, Give the Pres only Va., Wisc., New Hampshire, and he would still win, at 270, and that is with giving Romney Ohio, Florida, Iowa and Colorado, Romney would still only get 268 electoral votes.

Or even if the President does not get NC, Fla, Ohio, he would still beat Romney in electoral votes.

Romney's numbers, as always, Don't add up! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

IMO, Gallup AND Rasmucousare not even important, at this point.

The National numbers won't count one bit, it will be won in battleground states, only.

G. </div></div>

If anything they just serve to scare the left leaning voters to think omg i better get out and vote! Insuring a strong majority. St.

Soflasnapper
10-29-2012, 11:50 AM
Well it's gotten close enough to plausibly steal for the GOP without a huge dispute. Which is quite the problem.

It will come down to whether the power structure has an immune reaction to the rump power structure that's tried to take over our foreign policy-- the neo-cons, who committed what many on the paleo-right wing described as a bloodless coup, and now want back in the saddle.

I'm betting the real (or older) power structure realizes that WW III is simply bad for business, their own lives, and their children's lives, and decide then to keep their own creation, Obama, at the helm. Getting extra tax monies back in their pocket under Romney will not help them survive WW III.

Gayle in MD
11-01-2012, 02:58 PM
I think given the number of Republican Old Line endorsements we are seeing, that you are right on target!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif