PDA

View Full Version : Romney called disaster relief IMMORAL!

Solomon Grundy
10-28-2012, 11:41 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/317284_483081465055655_2007652478_n.jpg

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>
<span style="color: #CC0000">VIDEO:</span></span> http://youtu.be/oqXk5XxHKx8

LWW
10-29-2012, 01:32 AM
Did you watch the video?

Solomon Grundy
10-29-2012, 11:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you watch the video?
</div></div>

Yes, I did watch it. Did you?

If you have a point to make, then by all means do so. If not then why waste our time playing silly games?

I think the average person is quite capable of watching it and determining for his or her own self what it is that Romney is proposing.

Do you have a problem with people formulating their own views based on the evidence presented to them?

In any case, since Romney has no spine I'm sure he can switch positions in a matter of milliseconds depending on the audience.

Solomon Grundy
10-29-2012, 03:29 PM
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>And then there's this, from Romney on Larry King's show... </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/189085_499772230041096_1082082398_n.jpg

eg8r
10-29-2012, 06:38 PM
Considering the trillions we are in debt it is safe to say we really cannot afford anything especially with the amount we borrow for every dollar spent.

eg8r

LWW
10-29-2012, 06:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Solomon Grundy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>And then there's this, from Romney on Larry King's show... </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/189085_499772230041096_1082082398_n.jpg </div></div>

Oddly ... that's not a video, just a photo from a moonbat site.

Solomon Grundy
10-29-2012, 11:30 PM
Wow,no sh*t Sherlock! You are a freaking genius! Now go change your diaper. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

LWW
10-30-2012, 02:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Solomon Grundy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow,no sh*t Sherlock! You are a freaking genius! Now go change your diaper. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
</div></div>

Don't hate me because I know the difference between cartoons and reality.

Solomon Grundy
10-30-2012, 09:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Solomon Grundy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow,no sh*t Sherlock! You are a freaking genius! Now go change your diaper. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
</div></div>

Don't hate me because I know the difference between cartoons and reality. </div></div>

LOL! You don't know the difference between your ass and a hole in the ground, troll.

BTW genius, Your attempt at snappy retorts are puerile, stale, and fool no one. Now go get your mommy to give you a fresh bottle of formula and have her change your crap filled Pampers... you're stinking up the joint with your poop flinging ways.

Solomon Grundy
10-30-2012, 10:08 AM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/599170_552940041399282_406302291_n.png

Gayle in MD
10-30-2012, 10:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Solomon Grundy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>And then there's this, from Romney on Larry King's show... </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/189085_499772230041096_1082082398_n.jpg </div></div>

Really so funny when righties try to suggest they are good at economizing, LMAO!

They have continued for forty years to spend us into deficits, VOODOO ECONOMICS, Trickle Down wealthy Pi**ing on everyone else.

Good thing their followers are so dumb, or they could never pull it off. There are not enough thieves around to get them enough votes, but when you add in all of those Flyover NUTJOB RW Religious Bubbas, and the standard Karl Rove voter purges, they still manage to keep the Bubba dummies coming back for more.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

"How Can Forty Million People Be So Dumb?"

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Solomon Grundy
10-30-2012, 10:21 AM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/306691_551630698195779_1426558077_n.jpg

LWW
10-30-2012, 11:11 AM
Did you notice that FEDERAL DISASTER RELIEF isn't within the quotation marks?

This is simply another example of how easily you are deceived.

Soflasnapper
10-30-2012, 11:46 AM
What was the topic he was discussing and answering, even if he did not repeat that topic or question directly in the answer he gave?

We are not so easily deceived by you, as it turns out. But then we are not former Eastern German Stasi who only speak English as a second language.

Gayle in MD
10-30-2012, 11:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you notice that FEDERAL DISASTER RELIEF isn't within the quotation marks?

This is simply another example of how easily you are deceived. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 26pt'>Gayle and LWW, we all now completely understand that you two don't like each other. No real need to keep belaboring the point.

My suggestion now is to ignore each other.

Any posts from either of you pointing at the other one will result in an immediate (and very long) ban.

Admin
</span> </span> </div></div>

llotter
10-30-2012, 12:02 PM
FEMA should be ended along with every other Nanny State program. I have no doubt that Romney will increase its funding just like every other RINO, however.

LWW
10-30-2012, 12:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What was the topic he was discussing and answering, even if he did not repeat that topic or question directly in the answer he gave?

We are not so easily deceived by you, as it turns out. But then we are not former Eastern German Stasi who only speak English as a second language.

</div></div>I have no idea, I didn't make the ridiculous claim.

The burden of proof is on Solomon Bundy.

LWW
10-30-2012, 12:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FEMA should be ended along with every other Nanny State program. I have no doubt that Romney will increase its funding just like every other RINO, however. </div></div>

And the cabal here will parrot the claims of Draconian cuts at every increase.

llotter
10-30-2012, 02:29 PM
The Moron certainly has a lock on the moron vote.

Solomon Grundy
10-30-2012, 11:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What was the topic he was discussing and answering, even if he did not repeat that topic or question directly in the answer he gave?

The burden of proof is on Solomon Bundy. </div></div>

Blow it out your arse, pal. Go play your douchey troll games elsewhere, I'm not interested in them. Oh, and go cry to the mod if you want to, it won't amount to squat.

You'd be better off playing "Two Girls and One Cup" with one of your freaky right wing friends. Hell what's a little coprophilia between two staunch Teabagging vermin? After all you already swallow as much right wing crap as you can!

LWW
10-31-2012, 01:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What was the topic he was discussing and answering, even if he did not repeat that topic or question directly in the answer he gave?

</div></div>

Actually you are far easier to deceive.

I was watching Rachel Madcow on MSLSD last night and they played the actual clip.

The topic was deficit spending and R-money said that massive deficits were immoral, position Obama has staked out in the past.

Hence, using moonbat logic against moonbattery, Obama is equally on record saying disaster relief is immoral.

LWW
10-31-2012, 01:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Solomon Grundy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What was the topic he was discussing and answering, even if he did not repeat that topic or question directly in the answer he gave?

The burden of proof is on Solomon Bundy. </div></div>

Blow it out your arse, pal. Go play your douchey troll games elsewhere, I'm not interested in them. Oh, and go cry to the mod if you want to, it won't amount to squat.

You'd be better off playing "Two Girls and One Cup" with one of your freaky right wing friends. Hell what's a little coprophilia between two staunch Teabagging vermin? After all you already swallow as much right wing crap as you can! </div></div>

Nobody thought you could back up anything you claimed.

Soflasnapper
10-31-2012, 09:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What was the topic he was discussing and answering, even if he did not repeat that topic or question directly in the answer he gave?

</div></div>

Actually you are far easier to deceive.

I was watching Rachel Madcow on MSLSD last night and they played the actual clip.

The topic was deficit spending and R-money said that massive deficits were immoral, position Obama has staked out in the past.

Hence, using moonbat logic against moonbattery, Obama is equally on record saying disaster relief is immoral.
</div></div>

Here (http://www.tnr.com/blog/plank/109306/why-romney-came-out-against-fema#) it shows the ACTUAL topic, from the screen shot of the CNN moderated debate. The topic? Federal disaster relief. Yes, in the context of deficit and debt, but clearly on the topic of funding FEMA.

And just in case there was any doubt, the moderator asked for clarification that Romney's boilerplate about the states should do things instead of the federal government adding to the deficit was specifically his position as to disaster relief spending by FEMA and other federal government agencies:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> CNN's John King asked Mitt Romney whether, in the aftermath of the recent Joplin, Mo. disaster and a budget crunch at FEMA, the agency should be shut down, leaving disaster relief to the states.

“Absolutely,” Romney said. “Every time you have an occasion to take something from the federal government and send it back to the states, that’s the right direction. And if you can go even further, and send it back to the private sector, that’s even better. Instead of thinking, in the federal budget, what we should cut, we should ask the opposite question, what should we keep?”

King followed up: “Including disaster relief, though?”

“We cannot—we cannot afford to do those things without jeopardizing the future for our kids,” Romney replied. “It is simply immoral, in my view, for us to continue to rack up larger and larger debts and pass them on to our kids, knowing full well that we’ll all be dead and gone before it’s paid off. It makes no sense at all.”</div></div>

So, Romney specifically said we cannot afford to do emergency spending for federal disaster relief without set offs, paying for any additional disaster relief by cutting other things elsewhere. The topic was the then-refusal of the GOP to fund for the Joplin disaster in the normal way-- emergency spending outside the budget and without pay-go offsetting-- stating that entirely normal way they'd always be handled was immoral.

Gayle in MD
10-31-2012, 09:19 AM
We've already seen these kinds of emergency spending blocks create havoc in the states under Republican Governors.

Fire Trucks refusing to put out fires!

Rick Scott, closing down the hospital which serves particularly those suffering with TB, in the midsts of a growing TB health threat in Florida.

Republicans, including Mitt Romney, have made it very clear that their goal is to replace our social public safety nets, our very democratic form of government, with more corporate privitization, which means, more corporate cronyism, and more corruption, just as we saw in Iraq.

You have to be grossly ignorant, or grossly corrupt, to think for one moment that this country should not preserve FEMA! Even worse, to vote for such irrational policies.

So what do we call a privatized government?

Oligarchy? Fascist? Corporativism?

Is there really very muchh difference between them?

LWW
10-31-2012, 10:48 AM
So what he suggested is that the funds should be sent to the local state where they know what they need and he never said disaster relief was immoral ... and you see that as proof that he wants to eliminate disaster relief because it is immoral?

Seriously?

Soflasnapper
10-31-2012, 10:52 AM
I don't read it that way. It isn't that federal funds would go to states at all. He talks about their handling the cleanup better, but that's the law now under the Stafford Act, where the states decide whether and how to get federal aid.

Rather, he says, the feds should not deficit-finance the aid (that's immoral), and states cannot deficit-finance anything, because they have balanced budget requirements in their Constitutions (with but a few exceptions).

LWW
10-31-2012, 11:40 AM
LK's question wasobviously an interruption of MR mid thought.

Why can't you ever view ANYTHING without your hyperpartisan blinders?

Soflasnapper
10-31-2012, 01:31 PM
Mid-ANSWER as to whether FEMA ought to be entirely taken out of federal government hands. On the subject of federal funding for disaster relief.

Answer to his clarification question, 'even as to disaster relief'? "Absolutely," said Myth Robme.

Understanding the meaning of language has always been among your weaker areas. Or so you pretend?

LWW
10-31-2012, 05:55 PM
Are you daft?

The "ABSOLUTELY" statement you refer to comes before LK even interrupted with the question.

That leaves me only wondering whether you are actually that easy to fool or actually that intellectually dishonest?

Gayle in MD
11-01-2012, 07:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mid-ANSWER as to whether FEMA ought to be entirely taken out of federal government hands. On the subject of federal funding for disaster relief.

Answer to his clarification question, 'even as to disaster relief'? "Absolutely," said Myth Robme.

Understanding the meaning of language has always been among your weaker areas. Or so you pretend? </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Mitsey and the Repigs have proven they value money over the lives of Americans when they are at risk, and have lost everything, through no fault of their own.

The only people who would support that idea, are those who are foolish enough to think they are somehow magically insulated from natural disasters.

Fact is, no one is.

So there you have it, Christians that love money so much, are so greedy and inhumane, that they cannnot wisper to themselves, "There but for the grace of God, go I."

And that, my friend, is the real mantra of the so called, "Christian" Repiglican Party.

Let them starve, let them die, let them drown, freeze, suffer, let them eat cake, anything but give up money, the real GOD of the Repiglikcan Party, to help suffering Americans!

Pathetic.

G.

Soflasnapper
11-01-2012, 08:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you daft?

The "ABSOLUTELY" statement you refer to comes before LK even interrupted with the question.

That leaves me only wondering whether you are actually that easy to fool or actually that intellectually dishonest? </div></div>

You are correct that I misremembered the placement of the answer 'absolutely.'

However, the question he did answer 'absolutely' to crushes your bleating protests.

CNN's John King asked Mitt Romney <span style='font-size: 14pt'>whether</span>, in the aftermath of the recent Joplin, Mo. disaster and a budget crunch at FEMA, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>the agency should be shut down, leaving disaster relief to the states.</span>

“Absolutely,” Romney said. “Every time you have an occasion to take something from the federal government and send it back to the states, that’s the right direction. And if you can go even further, and send it back to the private sector, that’s even better. Instead of thinking, in the federal budget, what we should cut, we should ask the opposite question, what should we keep?”

Directly after the 'absolutely,' Myth Robme explains we shouldn't be looking to cut FEMA, but whether we should keep it at all, and his answer means no, we should not. It would be immoral, as it adds to the deficit and the debt.

Now, apparently, it IS the deficit financing of the disaster relief he finds immoral. As states cannot deficit finance anything (with balanced budget requirements), that moral hazard is absent from states spending money for disaster relief, although they'd then have to reduce that amount from whatever else they planned to spend, and/or raise taxes to cover those additional unexpected expenditures.

LWW
11-01-2012, 11:03 AM
So you prove he said disaster relief is immoral by showing that he didn't say it?

I repeat are you too daft, or too intellectually dishonest, to address the issue without your hyper-partisan blinders on?

Soflasnapper
11-01-2012, 11:06 AM
It was the topic of the question. Everything he said was related to that. What you are suggesting is incoherent, as if he simply riffed on deficits without relating them to unpaid for federal disaster relief, although that had been the question.

Sid_Vicious
11-01-2012, 12:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mid-ANSWER as to whether FEMA ought to be entirely taken out of federal government hands. On the subject of federal funding for disaster relief.

Understanding the meaning of language has always been among your weaker areas. Or so you pretend? </div></div>

Bravo!
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Mitsey and the Repigs have proven they value money over the lives of Americans when they are at risk, and have lost everything, through no fault of their own.

The only people who would support that idea, are those who are foolish enough to think they are somehow magically insulated from natural disasters.

Fact is, no one is.

So there you have it, Christians that love money so much, are so greedy and inhumane, that they cannnot wisper to themselves, "There but for the grace of God, go I."

And that, my friend, is the real mantra of the so called, "Christian" Repiglican Party.

Let them starve, let them die, let them drown, freeze, suffer, let them eat cake, anything but give up money, the real GOD of the Repiglikcan Party, to help suffering Americans!

Pathetic.

G. </div></div>

Gayle in MD
11-01-2012, 12:33 PM
Thanks Sid. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif