PDA

View Full Version : Christie praises Obama

Solomon Grundy
10-30-2012, 11:12 AM
<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Christie praises Obama, doesn’t ‘give a damn’ about Romney photo op</span>
By David Edwards
Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:05 EDT
RawStory.com (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/10/30/christie-praises-obama-doesnt-give-a-damn-about-romney-photo-op/)

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/fox_ff_christie_121029c-615x345.jpg

The presidential candidates have canceled all campaign events on Tuesday, but Republican New Jersey Chris Christie seemed to be stumping for President Barack Obama by appearing on several networks to praise the federal response to Hurricane Sandy.

In an interview on NBC, Christie called Obama “outstanding” for expediting relief efforts. He also told MSNBC that Obama “deserves great credit.”

“He gave me his number at the White House and told me to call him if I needed anything,” Christie said.

The New Jersey governor even took his message to Fox News, saying that Obama had helped “tremendously.”

“I spoke to the president three times yesterday,” he explained. “He called me for the last time at midnight last night asking what he could do. I said, if you can expedite designating New Jersey as a major disaster area that that would help us to get federal money and resources in here as quickly as possible to help clean up the damage here.”

“The president was great last night,” Christie continued. “He said he would get it done. At 2 a.m., I got a call from FEMA to answer a couple of final questions and then he signed the declaration this morning. So I have to give the president great credit. He’s been on the phone with me three times in the last 24 hours. He’s been very attentive, and anything that I’ve asked for, he’s gotten to me. So, I thank the president publicly for that. He’s done — as far as I’m concerned — a great job for New Jersey.”

Fox News co-host Steve Doocy wondered when Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney was going to get some of the same benefits from the hurricane with a photo op in disaster-stricken New Jersey towns.

“Over the last couple of months, you have appeared throughout the country, Governor, on behalf of Mitt Romney,” Doocy remarked to Christie. “[W]e hear that perhaps Mr. Romney may do some storm-related events. Is there any possibility that Gov. Romney may go to New Jersey to tour some of the damage with you?”

“I have no idea, nor am I the least bit concerned or interested,” Christie replied, immediately shutting down the idea. “I’ve got a job to do here in New Jersey that’s much bigger than presidential politics and I could [sic] care less about any of that stuff.”

“I have a job to do,” he added. “I’ve got 2.4 million people out of power, I’ve got devastation on the shore, I’ve got floods in the northern part of my state. If you think right now I give a damn about presidential politics then you don’t know me.”

Watch this video from Fox News’ Fox & Friends, broadcast Oct. 30, 2012. http://youtu.be/Uu2SJbmhu2I

LWW
10-30-2012, 11:15 AM
So he doesn't behave like the demokrook hate mongers following Katrina?

There is hope for you yet.

Gayle in MD
10-30-2012, 11:41 AM
LOL, no matter how much the Repigs pretend they are behind Mitsey, none of them really like the SOB, except for the big NEOCONS, who know what a second best war puppet he would be for the MIComplex. When Mitsey said, "We can't kill our way out of this" he gave me chills, I could just hear the same scam in the words of the chimp, "No nation building!" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Yeah, right. Chimp couldn't do a damn thing right, nothing!

The one thing they both have down to a science, is lying, and stealing from the public.

Obama Team should play Christie's words, and then the clip of Mitsey's that number one Mitsey ten stupid statements, starting with,

"I'll do away with FEMA...." and then a nice long clip of Americans waiting for Bush et all to get them some food and water in New Orleans, and rescue them off the building tops, followed by Bush, "You're doing a great job, Brownie!" and a shot of Bush rubbing his hands off on the back of Clinton's shirt in Haiti after shaking hands with the Hatian man.

"Republicans are always telling us that Government doesn't work, and then they get into office and prove it!"
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
Bill Maher

Soflasnapper
10-30-2012, 11:44 AM
A mindless comparison.

For that to work, you'd need an oblivious Obama on vacation, cutting a birthday cake for McCain and strumming the guitar, while the FEMA people refused to act for a couple of days.

Oh, and his staff unwilling to tell him about the failure face to face, so they had to cut a montage of various news show coverages on dvd and meekly slide it under the door so he didn't explode in angry rage at them.

Gayle in MD
10-30-2012, 11:50 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LWW
10-30-2012, 12:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A mindless comparison.

For that to work, you'd need an oblivious Obama on vacation, cutting a birthday cake for McCain and strumming the guitar, while the FEMA people refused to act for a couple of days.

Oh, and his staff unwilling to tell him about the failure face to face, so they had to cut a montage of various news show coverages on dvd and meekly slide it under the door so he didn't explode in angry rage at them.

</div></div>

Evidence that they "REFUSED" please?

llotter
10-30-2012, 02:41 PM
The Moron loves playing Santa Claus and FEMA is his vehicle. He will be making a no-holds-barred effort to throw as much money as possible to anyone who asks. Rest assured that at least half of that spending will be a big waste but no one will complain and no one will be accountable.

Soflasnapper
10-30-2012, 03:28 PM
I withdraw 'refused to' and substitute 'didn't' [act].

eg8r
10-30-2012, 05:32 PM
Good for Christie.

eg8r

LWW
10-30-2012, 05:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I withdraw 'refused to' and substitute 'didn't' [act].

</div></div>

Why didn't they act?

Soflasnapper
10-30-2012, 06:28 PM
A good question.

Originally, they claimed it was because Blanco hadn't declared a state of emergency to trigger the FEMA-led government response that was the new order (in the aftermath of 9/11 reforms).

However, that was false.

Gayle in MD
11-01-2012, 02:54 PM
It seems to me the president has gained every important endorsement that a President could wish for, and I wouldn't be surprised if Christie doesn't endorse him as well.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Christie doesn't end up leaving the Republican Party, and joining the Democratic Party, as I believe the issue of global warming, is going to finally be address by our leaders, who are not dishonorable, that is.
G.

Soflasnapper
11-02-2012, 05:26 PM
He lost all newspaper endorsements in Iowa (about 5 of them) including the Des Moines Register, the first time they went for a GOP candidate's endorsement since 1960.

Some of the other newspapers that had endorsed him last time flipped to the GOP's Myth as well.

But that may not contradict what you said. You said 'important' endorsements. Those may not be that.