PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Off The Press!!

Barbara
10-10-2002, 07:34 PM
Mike Howerton at azbilliards.com just posted the results of the NJ State 9-Ball Championships.

Sorry for the delay.

(see Ken, you're really needed up here...)

Barbara

rackmup
10-11-2002, 01:56 PM
My bags are packed,
I'me ready to go,
I'm standing here,
Outside my door...

(You're old if this sounds familiar)

Regards,

Ken

Cueless Joey
10-11-2002, 02:19 PM
I'm leaving on jet plane. I don't know when I'll be back again.
Am not old. Still has a 30-inch waist. As Colonel Cooper would say, " You are old when you wake in the morning and you don't feel any pain because you are dead."
Now, that's oooold.
The high school graduates this school year were born after the 84 L.A. Olympics. YIKES!!!
I still remember Zola Budd tripping Mary Decker.
Of course I was in kindergarten then.

Tom_In_Cincy
10-11-2002, 04:03 PM
One of PP&M's best..

SPetty
10-11-2002, 06:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> One of PP&amp;M's best.. <hr></blockquote>Written by John Denver...

Tom_In_Cincy
10-11-2002, 06:29 PM
John Denver was killed flying his own experimental plane..

Bob C
10-11-2002, 06:42 PM
Since we are playing "Six degrees of Separation," it was a Long EZ kit aircraft.

Rod
10-11-2002, 06:44 PM
Tom
Is that Peter Paul Mounds? /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif Ah well Almond Joy has nuts and Mounds don't! Never really liked either of them. Honestly after seeing that I was trying to figure out who was PP &amp; M. I got it now, way way way before my time. lol

SPetty
10-11-2002, 07:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Bob C:</font><hr> Since we are playing "Six degrees of Separation," it was a Long EZ kit aircraft. <hr></blockquote>While searching for another degree, came across these gems:

John Denver's plane Long-EZ is now called So Long-EZ.

John Denver was flying an experimental aircraft. The results of this experiment are ...
It doesn't f***ing work.
And it don't float.

(courtesy of http://www.commonplacebook.com/humor/unfortunate/jokes/denver.shtm
which comes with this disclaimer which I feel compelled to pass along:
Yes, I feel terrible when people die and unfortunate things happen. But these jokes are still funny. I did edit out grossly insensitive stuff. If you are the type of person to be offended by jokes about human tragedy, even if they're an attempt to lighten the mood, don't read them.)

Barbara
10-11-2002, 07:51 PM
Hey Ken,

I used to be able to play that song on the guitar! HA!

Barbara~~~remembers where she was when Kennedy was shot... JFK, that is...

Chris Cass
10-12-2002, 12:22 AM
Me too, I saw it on tv as I was in my hospital bed waitng to have a hernia operation. I was floored to say the least.

C.C.~~remembers seeing the Beatles exit the aircraft.

Rod
10-12-2002, 12:46 AM
CC, I was at work, still remember the look on all of our faces. A few short months before that I was within 6 feet of him.

I was in NY City the day the Beatles arrived, watched them on Ed Sullivan that night or the next in Bedford PA. Tried to get the waitress at the coffee shop to come over but she didn't buy into that one.LOL

CarolNYC
10-12-2002, 03:42 AM
I had the 45 record of this song-had to write the words 100x as a class punishment-JFK was president when I was young-I rememember everyone crying when he was killed-the great blackout in NY-when the Verrazano bridge was built-the Worlds Fair in NY-woodstock and bangladesh-but the most memorable experience during that era was the POW bracelet I wore-let us not forget all those brave men who died for our country-and if you do remember POW bracelets, did your soldier make it home and did you send it to him? Thank God I did!
Carol~helluva an era!

bluewolf
10-12-2002, 05:33 AM
Post deleted by bluewolf

Wally_in_Cincy
10-12-2002, 09:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr>

what does this have to do with the original post? <hr></blockquote>

Well you certainly have a lot of gall. If you look back over your 600 posts you'll find you probably said the same exact thing 400 times.

"I'm a 2. I wanna be a 3."

"I can't make a ball cause I'm a 2."

"I played a 4 last night and I played like a 2"

Does that sum it up pretty well?

And one more thing, don't talk about your financial situation here. I assume whitewolf doesn't appreciate that a whole lot.

I like ww but bw's gettin' on my nerves,

CarolNYC
10-12-2002, 09:35 AM
Gettum Wally:)
Ha ha ha
Have a great day!
Carol

10-12-2002, 11:05 AM
Wally in the Natti, you're comment is right on but it's obvious it will fall on deaf ears as far as bw is concerned. She's a self-proclaimed addict, says she hasn't had a drink in years but openly admits to transferring her addiction to the CCB. She has to get her posting fix several times a day. She's a pathological liar, and states that she is a psychologist when she is not and continues to defend that position. She openly discusses her financial troubles with anyone who will listen, She tries to coerce Randy G. into giving her a freebee at his pool school (what poster here would consider doing something like that?). Not only that, but with both her and her husband out of work, she's proud to announce that accepts a financial gift from a relative to pay for her pool school. How embarassing. She announced fainting spells and disorientation, trips to the doctor, MRI's, but never missed a beat on her regular posting. She can't stop talking about herself with a steady stream of me me me me. AND the most scary of all, she claims to work with kids. Do you really think she cares what you have to say?

Wally_in_Cincy
10-12-2002, 11:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> Wally in the Natti, you're comment is right on but it's obvious it will fall on deaf ears as far as bw is concerned. She's a self-proclaimed addict, says she hasn't had a drink in years but openly admits to transferring her addiction to the CCB. She has to get her posting fix several times a day. She's a pathological liar, and states that she is a psychologist when she is not and continues to defend that position. She openly discusses her financial troubles with anyone who will listen, She tries to coerce Randy G. into giving her a freebee at his pool school (what poster here would consider doing something like that?). Not only that, but with both her and her husband out of work, she's proud to announce that accepts a financial gift from a relative to pay for her pool school. How embarassing. She announced fainting spells and disorientation, trips to the doctor, MRI's, but never missed a beat on her regular posting. She can't stop talking about herself with a steady stream of me me me me. AND the most scary of all, she claims to work with kids. Do you really think she cares what you have to say? <hr></blockquote>

Probably not /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

I'm now awaiting the inevitable "bluewolf pity party" thread she will soon start.

Sorry Laura you brought this on yourself.

can't stay quiet no more,

10-12-2002, 01:26 PM
Cunning and manipulative best describe her, Wally in the Natti. She already tried the poor me approach once before. She won't try that again. She'll probably do her best to ignore this because she needs to feed her posting addiction. Besides, she's getting use out of the many nice people who post here who try to see the good in others. Why should she give that up?

nAz
10-12-2002, 01:59 PM
I think she is cute /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Voodoo Daddy
10-12-2002, 04:16 PM
Tap, tap, tap my cue on the floor. Raises his glass and toasts Wally....I'm crying from laughter...HAHAHAHAHA!!

CarolNYC
10-13-2002, 04:30 AM
Steve,
Ha ha ha-well,we could all be Spanky "Poor Alfalfa,poor,poor Alfalfa!" ha ha ha-Nah,Al Pacino in scarface"look at you now you piece of ...............!
Carol~trying hard to get to Miami!:)

bluewolf
10-13-2002, 08:56 AM
Post deleted by bluewolf

10-13-2002, 06:56 PM
Good show. Do you have an MS in acting too?