PDA

View Full Version : Zbilliards

10-10-2002, 07:44 PM
Has anyone had any experience with buying a pool table via Ebay through Zbilliards. It seemd that they are offering alot of 8' tables that appear to be good quality at very low prices. It seemd that people are buying these for a little over a grand. They claim that the retail on these tables is between 4 and 5 grand.
Zbilliards got a good reveiw from Billiard Digest magazine for September. I am just very curious. If this is the case,then the markup for quality pool tables must have a very high markup. Any thought, observation,experiences?

John

SPetty
10-11-2002, 05:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: pooljba:</font><hr> If this is the case,then the markup for quality pool tables must have a very high markup. Any thought, observation,experiences?<hr></blockquote>Hi John,

I don't know anything about Zbilliards, but I had a comment about the table markup. When I priced the Gold Crown IV at the local new table dealer, they priced it at about 10 grand. Others here "in the know", however, say you can get a new one for about half that. Yes, that seems like quite a markup to me.

10-11-2002, 10:10 AM
You should almost never buy a new table. Tables lose so much value you can get them for almost nothing many times. A used GC for as little as $1000. $2000. is average.