PDA

View Full Version : No GOP radio address? Mitt packing it in?

Soflasnapper
11-04-2012, 12:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Today, for the first time in memory, the Republican Party failed to deliver the weekly radio address to stations. Romney taped it, but never distributed it. He's just going through the motions now and riding out the embarrassment that's coming his way on Tuesday, probably worrying about how harsh the attacks from the far right on him and his world will be once AP calls the election for Obama. Romney's closing argument is, basically, vote for me or the House Republicans will wreck the economy by refusing to raise the debt ceiling. Sounds to me like a clarion call to defeat Republicans running for Congress. Even with unrelenting GOP obstruction of every single attempt Obama and the Democrats have made to fix the horrendous economy Bush and the GOP left, the final jobs report before Tuesday was more terrible news for Romney (and great news for America): 171,000 jobs added in October, coupled with sharp upward revisions to the prior two months data brought the average over the last three months to 170,000. </div></div>

Gayle in MD
11-05-2012, 06:41 PM
I predict 303 electoral votes for the president.

If anything, it will be more than that.

G.

Sid_Vicious
11-06-2012, 05:20 AM
If I felt that positive, I would bet on-line with a conservative approach, and make a little guaranteed money. There are way too many flaky Americans who will vote for Romney, even though he and his platform so far promises pipe dreams with absolutely no stated facts on what he will do to help them. I predict it much closer than 303. It does sound sweet though. sid

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I predict 303 electoral votes for the president.

G. </div></div>

Gayle in MD
11-06-2012, 08:57 AM
Iowa, New Hampshire, Ohio, Virginia, Colorado. In the bag!

I look for Wisconsin, Nevada, Florida, North Carolina and Pennsylvania go to the president, as well.

And at the least, five senate seats will go or remain Democraic.

Both of the idiotic Republican religious zealots, who want to force women to bring the fetuses of their rapists to term, will lose. I think also, that Bachmann will lose.

The next election will be even worse for Republicans.

They will lose the Congress for sure.

In this election:

Mass. will go to Elizabethe Warren, D.

Missouri....Claire McCaskill D.

Indiana....Joe Donnelly D.

Connectcut Chris Murphy D.

Virginia Tim Kaine D.

G.

Sid_Vicious
11-06-2012, 12:43 PM
I will truly be thrilled if you end up to be exactly on target Gayle. It would restore part of my lost respect for the American voters after the Bush years if a somewhat overwhelming outcome happened today. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Tell me something though. What does Romney have over the Florida voters to have the advantage? He's insistently pushing against entitlements, and Fla is such a huge retirement community. Him swaying Florida to his side could indicate that he's bamboozled some of the other states you say are in the bag.

We really do have a nonsense bunch of voters in America. You remember my brother and his wife with the breast cancer last year...no health insurance...first round cost over $50 thousand dollars out of pocket? In less than a 6 month time window, my sis-in-law got HC under $600 a month, "Thanks Obamacare!" EVEN with having the cancer and biopsy and radiation/chemo, Obama was responsible for that help. Well, the next scan/checkup a month later found the cancer back just a couple months later.

I'll jump to my point. They will still vote Romney, even though this last round of medical costs surely shot up way past $50K this time since more extensive surgery was involved, saved money hugely after getting the Obamacare policy!

There are so many idiot in this country who actually vode directly against logic, and against their own personal situation.

I just pray that Obama does win, that's all. People have been nuts ever since that roasted Bill Clinton's nuts like they did. It is F-n stressfull. sid

LWW
11-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Anyone here with the testicular/ovarian fortitude to wager an over/under 0f Obama and 303 ... or on the demorooks taking over congress?

Soflasnapper
11-06-2012, 04:15 PM
I'll bet the Senate remains under Democratic control and over on a 290 line. If unskewed the polls guy is right, both of those are losing propositions. I think you claimed he was correct, right?

cushioncrawler
11-06-2012, 06:42 PM
I predikt that theusofa will order a filibuster, gridlock, krappynomix, and unemployment sandwich.

Washed down with kool-aid.
mac.

Solomon Grundy
11-07-2012, 03:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I predict 303 electoral votes for the president.

G. </div></div>

Dang it woman, you nailed it! 303 to 206. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
11-07-2012, 06:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Solomon Grundy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I predict 303 electoral votes for the president.

G. </div></div>

Dang it woman, you nailed it! 303 to 206. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Not bad for a crazy old woman, huh?

How about this?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mass. will go to Elizabethe Warren, D.

Missouri....Claire McCaskill D.

Indiana....Joe Donnelly D.

Connectcut Chris Murphy D.

Virginia Tim Kaine D.

</div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Sid_Vicious
11-07-2012, 07:51 AM
I cashed it in last night about 9PM and went to bed. Came to the computer this morning with sleep still in my eyes to see the results, and DAMN! I saw Gayle's prediction hit the bullseye! If anyone thinks Gayle is really only lucky, think again. This lady is detailed, intense on her researching, accurately I must add, and works with the facts. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw 303-206.

Let's go to the track sometime Gayle ;-) sid

Gayle in MD
11-07-2012, 08:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cashed it in last night about 9PM and went to bed. Came to the computer this morning with sleep still in my eyes to see the results, and DAMN! I saw Gayle's prediction hit the bullseye! If anyone thinks Gayle is really only lucky, think again. This lady is detailed, intense on her researching, accurately I must add, and works with the facts. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw 303-206.

Let's go to the track sometime Gayle ;-) sid </div></div>

My friend, I love to study the odds, but that is the very reason why I only allow myself one trip to the track per year. I come from a long line of horse gamblers, poker players, and slot machine supporters, as I like to call them, lol.

You won't believe this, but one time I bet eleven horses to win, and they all came in.

A very wealthy high school friend of mine who is a big gambler was there that night, and we were at the same window most of the night, so he was watching my bets, and when he asked me later how much I had won, and I told him, he died laughing.

"Jeeze Gayle, if I had made those bets, I would own the track!"

I'm not a big spender at the track. That's a very dangerous road to take.

Most bets, I make are made "Under the conditions prevailing, my favorite words, lol, by paying very close attention to the odds, but most of all the behavior of the horse.

You can tell a lot about the mood a horse is in, by watching very closely, if you're used to horses, that is.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

G.