PDA

View Full Version : Today is the Day

llotter
11-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Republicans capture both the WH and Senate in a landslide.

LWW
11-06-2012, 02:49 PM
I'm simply hoping the republic survives.

I'm not sure it will.

Solomon Grundy
11-06-2012, 03:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Republicans capture both the WH and Senate in a landslide. </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Wow, can you get me some of that sh*t you've been smoking? Damn it must be good cause you've got to be high as a kite to believe what you wrote.</span>

Solomon Grundy
11-06-2012, 03:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm simply hoping the republic survives.

I'm not sure it will. </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 11pt'><span style='font-family: Verdana'>Why don't you start packing your sh*t and book passage on a tramp steamer to Bumfark, Egypt?

Or better yet, buy yourself a copy of "Final Exit" and follow the instructions. But first make sure you get together with your buds and call the Wahmbulance and cry and hug yourselves before you check out for good. </span></span>

LWW
11-06-2012, 03:21 PM
This from a man who just posted a fairy tale thread.

LWW
11-06-2012, 03:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Solomon Grundy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Republicans capture both the WH and Senate in a landslide. </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Wow, can you get me some of that sh*t you've been smoking? Damn it must be good cause you've got to be high as a kite to believe what you wrote.</span> </div></div>

Don't discount that.

Solomon Grundy
11-06-2012, 03:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This from a man who just posted a fairy tale thread. </div></div>

Gee, I haven't written anything about you at all today, sweetheart. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Solomon Grundy
11-06-2012, 03:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Solomon Grundy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Republicans capture both the WH and Senate in a landslide. </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Wow, can you get me some of that sh*t you've been smoking? Damn it must be good cause you've got to be high as a kite to believe what you wrote.</span> </div></div>

Don't discount that.

</div></div>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>I will think, say, and do as I want. And there ain't a damned thing you can do about it chump. </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Soflasnapper
11-06-2012, 03:57 PM
No landslide for POTUS (whoever wins), and if the GOP wins back a majority in the Senate, I call fix.

hondo
11-06-2012, 11:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Republicans capture both the WH and Senate in a landslide. </div></div>

Oh, boo hoo. LMFAO!

Solomon Grundy
11-07-2012, 01:43 AM

<span style='font-size: 20pt'><span style="color: #000099">Obama wins 303 to 206 electoral votes! Eat it, clown!</span> </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
11-07-2012, 06:35 AM
<span style="color: #000099"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Crazy never wins! </span> </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

llotter
11-07-2012, 08:04 AM
Who would have ever guessed that there were enough morons in this country to re-elect the Head Moron? This is the mourning after and many of us will be mourning for our country for years to come.

I have to admit that I voted for Mitt even though I swore not to, for lack of a better candidate but like must Republicans, he would have done too little to make a difference.

The Fundamental Transformation of America continues. The greater the failure of government, the greater the dependency, the greater power becomes concentrated in the hands of our rulers. \\

And, Republicans can get back to doing what they do best; collecting their paycheck while going along to get along.

Gayle in MD
11-07-2012, 08:19 AM
<span style="color: #000099"> Your predictions mean even less today, than they did yesterday!

Guess you forgot the headlines from 2004?

"How Can Forty Million People Be So Dumb?"

Not just our country, but most of the world was behind President Obama.

Most of the CEO's of the top corporations in this country, were against Repiglican Trickle Down failed policies, and against Mitsey, as I documented here, several weeks ago.

And you STILL don't get it.

Most of the country is against the religious right's Repiglican Taliban, by huge margins, and those margins are going to grow by the next election, EVEN in the racist, evangelical south.

Additionally, the polling data proves that most Americans are against the Repiglican obstruction, and aware of who is by far ,most responsible for our current economic problems, GEORGE BUSH, the REAL MORON, and guy that MORONS defended for eight years!

G.</span>

llotter
11-07-2012, 08:30 AM
So, we are about to see exactly what 'tyranny of the majority' really looks like...especially that that majority picks a moron to lead them.

(btw, nice post. thanks)

LWW
11-07-2012, 09:29 AM
The greatest problem facing America today is neither (D) nor (R) nor the fed nor China nor Iran nor Al Qaeda.

The greatest prom we face is the uninformed/misinformed/malinformed voter.

This election offered a choice between fascism and fascism lite ... and the dumb masses have had their way.

Sev
11-07-2012, 10:02 AM
As I posted on AZ the other day.
Even though we may disagree with the specifics its forums such as this through debate and interaction that are the hope of the nation.
As long as people are engaged in educating themselves there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

Soflasnapper
11-07-2012, 10:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The greatest problem facing America today is neither (D) nor (R) nor the fed nor China nor Iran nor Al Qaeda.

The greatest prom we face is the uninformed/misinformed/malinformed voter.

This election offered a choice between fascism and fascism lite ... and the dumb masses have had their way. </div></div>

The conservative media was who misinformed their readers or viewership.

They said no way could the party affiliation now track what it did in '08 (hence, unskewing the polls by forcing some arbitrary and lower +D breakout would give the correct prediction). They were wrong.

They said the minorities would not turn out the way they did in '08, and that the electorate would return to a very high white percentage of voting. They were wrong.

They said previously thought not in play states like Wisconsin or Pennsylvania were ripe for turning to red states for Romney. they were wrong.

They did muster fully $50 million more in ad spending the last couple of weeks than Obama's side could match, and figured that would seal the deal. They were wrong.

They thought at most Obama might eke out an Electoral College win but lose the popular vote, big. They were wrong.

They claimed the Gallup +5 Romney and +7 Romney poll reporting was real, like the Rasmussen results, and really meant something. They were wrong.

When it came down to it, they said Romney could fill in a huge gaping inside straight by running the table on the swing states. They were wrong.

They said Romney had overcome the gender gap with women. They were wrong.

Britt Hume said that since he understood the American people to be center right, that the advantage of self-described conservatives to self-described liberals would mean the GOP won, as the self-described moderates would break heavily to the conservative side. He himself said he was wrong, and that apparently, plenty of so-called moderates were liberals in disguise under another label (because the term liberal was in such bad odor).

So it was the right that had the misinformation and bad information and made up crap lies. The NY Times polling (with Nate Silver), the average of the polls, the PPP, were all substantially correct, and it was the outliers all year, Rasmussen and Gallup, and the inside shops of Rove or a Dick Morris, that were laughably wrong.

Gayle in MD
11-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Excellent post.

The only thing I could add is that they said that the youth vote wouldn't be as great as it was in the last presidential election.

THEY WERE WRONG! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Soflasnapper
11-07-2012, 10:42 AM
Yep, up 1% of the (shrunken) electorate, down some millions because of the east coast Sandy problems.

BTW, that NE down vote kept Obama from a still larger popular vote margin.

One thing I thought they were RIGHT about was that their voter id/voter suppression efforts would allow them to win a variety of states (i.e., PA). However, as those efforts were fought to a semi-draw in the courts, it did not have that decisive effect they (and I) thought it could.

Gayle in MD
11-07-2012, 10:52 AM
I think the Republican voter obstruction actually energized many voters to get out and vote!!! Against the Republicans, that is.

Pretty funny that Myth Robme, (love your name for him) lost in every state where he has ever lived!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I am also thrilled about Elizabeth Warren!!!! BRAVO!

G.

llotter
11-07-2012, 11:51 AM
The morons have gotten their revenge alright. As incomes continue to fall and debt rises, they can take comfort in the misery of their company.

Gayle in MD
11-07-2012, 12:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The morons have gotten their revenge alright. As incomes continue to fall and debt rises, they can take comfort in the misery of their company. </div></div>

Like I said, your capacity to make reasonable predictions, isn't exactly gaining any value.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

llotter
11-07-2012, 12:11 PM
You make a valid point but at least I admit my mistakes...there are so few, after all.

Gayle in MD
11-07-2012, 12:21 PM
BWA HA HA HA!

I told you years ago, that when the Repiglicans embraced the ugly racist, homophobic, misogynistic ignorance of flyover Tea Party Zealots, and the Evangelical nutjobs, they were going to paint themselves into the corner.

That is precisely what has happened.

G.

llotter
11-07-2012, 01:24 PM
Us nutjobs demand our rights too. You should be cognizant that majorities don't make right.

Gayle in MD
11-07-2012, 05:17 PM
As I have told you before, your "rights" are of no interest to me.

Hence, I neither seek to remove your rights, nor will I stand for you trying to remove or infringe upon the rights of others.

G.