PDA

View Full Version : 'We Have To Fix That'

Qtec
11-07-2012, 06:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>Obama On Long Lines At Polls: 'We Have To Fix That' </span>

President Barack Obama set a new goal for himself during his acceptance speech early Wednesday morning.

As he spoke in Chicago, he thanked everyone who cast a ballot "whether you voted for the first time, <u>or waited in line for a very long time" -- then he quickly added, in an evident ad lib, "by the way we have to fix that.</u>"</div></div>

I have to say, its about time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tuesday's election was marred by long lines in several states -- particularly in Florida, Ohio and Virginia. The causes were typically a combination of broken-down equipment, insufficient training of poll workers, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>and an organized GOP effort to roll back early voting days, which added to the volume of voters on Election Day.

In Florida, some people waited as long as nine hours to vote early.</span> The lines continued all through the day Tuesday, keeping many polling places open for hours after official closing time.

It took citizens as long as <u>five hours</u> to cast a vote in Chesapeake, Va., and <u>three hours or more </u>in the Washington, D.C., suburbs.

"When you look at the lines that have formed in places like Ohio, <u>they are longer than the lines in Baghdad and Kabul</u>," Wade Henderson, president of the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, told Reuters on Tuesday. </div></div>

In 1969 the US put a man on the Moon. An amazing achievement. You cannot tell me that 43 later you have a voting system that causes people to wait 9 hours to cast a vote, without that being on purpose.
In any modern European country, that would be an outrage. People would not stand for it. Heads would roll.

Q

Gayle in MD
11-07-2012, 06:44 AM
I am just happy that every crooked thing Republicans tried to do, blew up in their faces!

Their very early on, obvious intention to deny, block, obstruct, prevent Democratic voters from voting, really energized every ethnic group, and many, many white Americans, as well, who could clearly see exactly the corrupt path Repigs were on to try to throw this election!

AND, the billionaire crooks learned also that they couldn't buy this election, like they thought they could!

America won last night!

G.

Qtec
11-07-2012, 07:03 AM
The big money did have an impact. How do you think the GOP held the House?

Some good points.

One good thing is that Alan Grayson is back! Yeah. With a record swing I might add!
Bachmann ,by a miracle, got re-elected! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif Another 2 years of laughs! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
Warren won!!. YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Can't wait till she gets to the Senate and makes all those dumb a$$ Republicans look like the stupid dumb a$$'s they are. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Make no mistake about it, no matter how much the GOP whines, they have lost all power.

Q

Gayle in MD
11-07-2012, 07:25 AM
I am thrilled about Grayson winning!

But as for the money? I don't think that had a lot to do with the few crazies that remained. I think they are just from those radically religious regions of Old Yammering, Irrational, racist Bubbas, the ignorant face of racism in the south, that southerners try to deny exists, but the next generation will smash that to pieces, even in the south.

We will see that taking off in the next election. The worse is yet to come for Repigs, unless they stop the obstructing, and break with their American Taliban, the religious right Tea Party Zealots. But the zealots won't budge, and the Repigs will be buried by them by 2016! Yippie!

There were a boatload of Repigs, in other regions, where they spent huge bucks, and lost anyway!

Bachmann?! OMG, I was hoping we'd be rid of her and Alan West.
But, I am just glad that most of the crazies lost, and having a few nutjobs around is probably good for Democrats, in the long run, as constant reminders of how insane and repulsive Repiglicans are.

Repiglicans are in big time trouble, and the Tea Party nutjobs are too stupid to get it, and they aren't going to back off, and as long as they don't, they will eat the Repiglican Party, alive, like a bunch of vampires and cannibals! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

It's going to get worse for them, and it's going to spread even more through red states by the next election, given the growing hispanic populations numbers, IMO, probably one of the reasons why Repiglicans are trying to block birth control! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Their only hope is more white women being perpetually knocked up, but the religious white women aren't giving up their birth control, so it's blowing up in the Repigs faces! They will be back to the Dog Food Label by 2016, thanks to the racist Tea Baggers.

G.

Qtec
11-07-2012, 07:34 AM
G, in the small elections when candidates have little money a couple of million from Rove can make all the difference.

Q

Gayle in MD
11-07-2012, 07:41 AM
Yea, but look at LInda McMahon, for example, she has cost the Republicans two senate seats, with all of that monoey, she can't win!

The Crazies with the money behind them, Like Christine Odonnell, in Delaware, push out the more moderate Repig, who could have won.

Doesn't look to me like the scales weigh in favor of winning from big money, as much as losing, in spite of it.

They end up with more losses because of it, IMO, annd it sure didn't help them in the presidential election, either.

G.