PDA

View Full Version : Neal Bortz: GOP deserves to die on social issues

Soflasnapper
11-07-2012, 12:09 PM
Here (http://www.boortz.com/Player/101701171/)

He blames the social issues crowd, and the abortion and gay rights issues crowd, for the GOP's defeat.

eg8r
11-07-2012, 03:27 PM
On what issues do you blame the defeat?

eg8r

Sev
11-07-2012, 03:36 PM
And?
Shame Bortz is retiring.

Soflasnapper
11-07-2012, 05:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On what issues do you blame the defeat?

eg8r </div></div>

I'd say he's right that was certainly a part of it.

I also think the killer issue against Obama-- the economy-- was reduced because people are feeling the slow but steady improvements.

I think the bully-boy tactics of the GOP once in power in statehouses-- going after union rights and for voter suppression (along with hundreds of anti-abortion bills)-- backfired strongly, as the unions realized they were under fierce attack, and they and working people around reacted to the suppression tactics.

Lastly, the GOP has become the home of fringe nutcases, which tars the entire party, and Myth was just about the perfectly wrong candidate as well, given the 1% thing.

Soflasnapper
11-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Oddly, I think the Gallup and Rasmussen polling inaccuracies terrified the base to come out, and the O team invested a ton of money in the GOTV effort with field offices. The last two years had already terrified and/or highly motivated the unions. The troglodyte 'let's go back to the '50s' rolling back of abortion rights convinced the women. And the early $100 million or so spent on ads pre-defining Robme when he had no money to spend, and for some reason the powerhouse PACs and Super PACs didn't jump in to fill that void, also set up this win.

It was kind of 'all the above.'