PDA

View Full Version : Adviser: Romney "shellshocked" by loss

Solomon Grundy
11-08-2012, 10:23 PM
<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Adviser: Romney "shellshocked" by loss</span>
By JAN CRAWFORD / CBS NEWS/ November 8, 2012, 3:34 PM

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2012/11/08/romney.11.7.12_620x350.jpg

BOSTON, MASS. Mitt Romney's campaign got its first hint something was wrong on the afternoon of Election Day, when state campaign workers on the ground began reporting huge turnout in areas favorable to President Obama: northeastern Ohio, northern Virginia, central Florida and Miami-Dade.

Then came the early exit polls that also were favorable to the president.

But it wasn't until the polls closed that concern turned into alarm. They expected North Carolina to be called early. It wasn't. They expected Pennsylvania to be up in the air all night; it went early for the President.

After Ohio went for Mr. Obama, it was over, but senior advisers say no one could process it.

"We went into the evening confident we had a good path to victory," said one senior adviser. "I don't think there was one person who saw this coming."

They just couldn't believe they had been so wrong. And maybe they weren't: There was Karl Rove on Fox saying Ohio wasn't settled, so campaign aides decided to wait. They didn't want to have to withdraw their concession, like Al Gore did in 2000, and they thought maybe the suburbs of Columbus and Cincinnati, which hadn't been reported, could make a difference.

But then came Colorado for the president and Florida also was looking tougher than anyone had imagined.

"We just felt, 'where's our path?'" said a senior adviser. "There wasn't one."

Romney then said what they knew: it was over.

Read the rest here: CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57547239/adviser-romney-shellshocked-by-loss/?pageNum=1&tag=page)

Gayle in MD
11-09-2012, 09:18 AM
LOL. They believed their own shock jocks, and party operatives, who skewed the numbers!

Rasmucous, NBC, Fux, and all of their other supposed Journalistic "experts," LMAO!

Soflasnapper
11-09-2012, 07:23 PM
As it turned out, Myth could have won Florida, Virginia, AND OHIO-- and still lost the election.

Yeah, the election wasthisclose-- not.

Apparently the major mistake was a simple one. They thought the R/D ratio wasn't really D+6, but the 2010 relationship of the parties (based on the low turnout without Obama or his turnout machine on the scene). Then, they didn't realize that where the GOP had gone was to the so-called independents side.

Then they misunderstood the stronger standing among independents as real, instead of reflecting the large number of GOPrs who had defected to the independent label (which was why it was D+6 in the first place).

Essentially, they counted those guys twice-- once as their dominating lead among independents, and then as supposedly closing the D+6 gap.

Gayle in MD
11-10-2012, 06:31 AM
Yep, and they also didn't, and STILL don't account for the FACT, that their social policies are not where this country is, and their Tea Party Zealots, also are not where this country's opinions and values lay.

Good! I hope they continue to be totally out of touch with reality, forever!

We can be sure of one thing, they NEVER, EVER take responsibility for a damned thing, not even when they get slaughtered in an election, still they claim victory, LMAO! Even when their tax, economic, and social policies have been totally rejected by the voters, which the polling data proves, nothing breaks through that bubble.

G.

Qtec
11-10-2012, 06:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Romney "shellshocked" by loss </div></div>

I can imagine. All that lying and selling his soul to the devil..all for nothing.

Q

eg8r
11-10-2012, 04:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All that lying and selling his soul to the devil..all for nothing.</div></div>Obviously he didn't sell his soul to the devil. That would have only made sense if he won.

eg8r

LWW
11-10-2012, 06:46 PM
Don't confuse snoopy with logic.

hondo
11-10-2012, 06:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All that lying and selling his soul to the devil..all for nothing.</div></div>Obviously he didn't sell his soul to the devil. That would have only made sense if he won.

eg8r </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

JohnnyD
11-11-2012, 12:48 AM
Whine again.

Qtec
11-11-2012, 02:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obviously he didn't sell his soul to the devil. That would have only made sense if he won.

eg8r </div></div>

Are you saying <span style='font-size: 20pt'>we can trust the devil</span> to keep his word????????

The Devil.
"Hey Mitt. Want to be President? Give me your soul and I guarantee you will win the election."

Mitt. "Its a deal."

Mitt loses.

Mitt. "Hey Devil, you säid I would win the election!

The Devil.

"Did I say THIS election?"

Q

eg8r
11-11-2012, 02:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you saying we can trust the devil to keep his word????????</div></div>What I am saying is that you obviously don't understand the phrase and how it is used.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-12-2012, 09:17 AM
LOL, the devils were the RW shock jocks, and his own gerrrymandered inside polling results, LMAO!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

The righties were just as stupid, and believed all the Devils at the Table.

G.