PDA

View Full Version : Kick the can down the road.

cushioncrawler
11-10-2012, 05:51 PM
YES WE CAN.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/magenta909/2007_0520can0700433.jpg

cushioncrawler
11-10-2012, 05:53 PM
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g56/DarthLiability/Fiscal-cliff.png

cushioncrawler
11-10-2012, 05:54 PM
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z201/montanaluke/Gridlock.jpg

cushioncrawler
11-10-2012, 05:58 PM
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa2/dwornica80/Gridlock.jpg

cushioncrawler
11-10-2012, 06:15 PM
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac51/Pablo_Marc/god-devil.jpg

Soflasnapper
11-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Can you spot the three differences between those two pics???

cushioncrawler
11-10-2012, 06:25 PM
I think i nuked the second one. But they were the same pix.

LWW
11-10-2012, 06:44 PM
I don't think the can will take another kick.

cushioncrawler
11-10-2012, 07:06 PM
THINGS ARE GOING TO GET HOT IN CONGRESS.
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj102/keymer1/Civil%20War/DSCN2082.jpg

LWW
11-11-2012, 07:41 AM
Obama has threatened hand to hand combat ...

Gayle in MD
11-11-2012, 09:31 AM
There won't be any can kicking. The President has never been FOR kicking the can down the road, he has been trying to invest in all of the areas that will bring our country back into exuberant growth, and his policies have been working, as much as they could, under the Republican Obstruction.

That is going to come to an end, now, because the country has spoken out against Republican failed policies. Sixty Percent are for raising taxes. Even more people are against Ryans plan to voucherize Medicare. The country by a very large margin has stated they do not want Social Security, OR medicare, OR medicaid, touched, but want taxes raised on the wealthy.

This country is clearly on the side of the President, AND the Democratic Party, and their policies, and those approved by the electorate, are as follows:

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Investing in re-building our infrastructure</span>, which the president has wanted to do, and REpublicans have blocked, and which will create jobs that cannot be outsourced.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Addressing our dependence on foreign oil</span>, which the president is doing, and has been doing, and doing it better, because we have more people looking into any ecological damages, as we go, than before, and we do not have to destroy our national parks to accomplish it.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Addressing Immigration Reform </span>and solving their plight, by turning those worthy, and not involved in criminal activity, into legal tax paying citizens, and into students with a future, not guys on the corner looking to get paid off the book, by scabs who want to cheat the government.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Modernizing our military</span>, long overdue,already underway, and defense spending in this country, over decades has been incredibly wasteful, so it is a real time need, since we spend way too much on defense, and there has always been way too much corruption, and cronyism between the Military, and defense contractors, often led by former Congressmen who become lobbyists when they leave office.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Investing in education</span>, so that those currently unable to fill jobs here, will BE able, and so that we can put an emphasis on Science, building awareness and concensus, which can divert the coming disasters due to global warming, and which is now the fully acknowledged, running explanation on TV, BY the National Weather Services as they explain to the public, the causes of such superstorms as we saw during Sandy.

I might add, the blow hard Science Deniers in the Republican Party, lost their seats, along with the radical "Rapist" idiots.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Creating and supporting policies which address and change the Republican tax policies, which created damaging inequality of wealth, </span>and drag the economy down, by reducing comsumer spending, the loss of which is a result of Republican Policies, and a result of big business, exploiting American workers, and getting loopholes and tax cuts while they're doing it.

To accomplish this, the president has wanted to raise taxes on the wealthy, who do not produce anything but more personal wealth, sit on their money, invest off shore, and are not partiotic enough, to invest first in their own country, instead of outsourcing our jobs, and then getting tax cuts, for caring ONLY about their own wealth. That has to end.

The president wants to invest in the Infrastructure that THEY use, but don't want to pay their fair share for having at their disposal.

Republicans are not in the directors chair, regardless of how they spin it.

Exit polls prove that the country is rejecting Republican Failed Economic Policies, Republican racism, homophobie, and misogyny.

Republicans cannot afford to continue on their former path of obstruction, racism, anti-Science, homophobia, their continued war on women and war on the Middle Class, and if they do, they will pay hugely, come mid terms, and we'll be rid of them in two years, hence, the can is not going to get kicked down the road.

If you can't afford a product at any price because you're not working, who wins?

The taxes also go to building highways, airports,
electrical grids, internet access and many other areas that
make it possible for business to function, as they PRODUCE JOBS.

The "really big-time Republicans on Wall Street" don't care about this and don't want to fund it because they're international players.

They want to make money where ever they can and pay the least
they possibly can. If the American infrastructure declines,
then they'll move their investments somewhere else. The
average working Republican or American businessman should wise
up and see that they're supporting the very people who are
destroying this country to maximize the profits of
international corporations.

Mitt Romney was one of them, and you see where it got him in politics!

The last election indicates that the majority of this country, understands that.

Now, as I have often stated in the past, we will have the chance to drag the Republicans, kicking and screaming, into the future, FINALLY, and begin to address all of the serious problems, which they created, and/or have contimued to deny even exist!

So Yes, Mac, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>YES WE CAN </span>accomplish a great deal, and it isn't going to be like before, because this president NEVER wanted to kick the can down the road, he has been all about long range policies that are going to be good for this country, all along.

You should have used a Republican By-line, for this thread, not YES WE CAN, because we Democrats are all about YES WE CAN, so how about using McConnells unpatriotic, absurd position, for the by-line of this thread:

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-size: 14pt'> Republicans Kicking The Can Down The Road Through Obstruction! </span> </span>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Our Main Goal (In the midst of this Bush recession, which we Blank check Republicans helped to create, after eight years of spending, lying ad borrowing) is to make Barack Obama a one term president.</span>

Now that would fit as the by-line for kicking the can down the road, since that is all Republicans EVER do, NOT <span style='font-size: 14pt'> YES WE CAN! </span>

G.

cushioncrawler
11-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Dunno bout kicking the can down the road, or bout handtohand fighting (to a draw), or playing poker (drawing to an inside straight) but praps the two sides can cancan (no drawers).

I predikt that the gridlock will be a bigger story than the election. The superpacs etc will be involved like never before. And it will be like a shakespearean tragedy.

To be or not to be, that iz the question.
Alas, poor usa, i knew her well.
mac.

cushioncrawler
11-11-2012, 03:22 PM
To be, or not to be: that is the question". - (Act III, Scene I).

"Neither a borrower nor a lender be; For loan oft loses both itself and friend, and borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry". - (Act I, Scene III).

"This above all: to thine own self be true". - (Act I, Scene III).

"Though this be madness, yet there is method in 't.". - (Act II, Scene II).

"That it should come to this!". - (Act I, Scene II).

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so". - (Act II, Scene II).

"What a piece of work is man! how noble in reason! how infinite in faculty! in form and moving how express and admirable! in action how like an angel! in apprehension how like a god! the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals! ". - (Act II, Scene II).

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks". - (Act III, Scene II).

"A little more than kin, and less than kind". - (Act I, Scene II).

"The play 's the thing wherein I'll catch the conscience of the king". - (Act II, Scene II).

"Brevity is the soul of wit". - (Act II, Scene II).

"Rich gifts wax poor when givers prove unkind". - (Act III, Scene I).

"When sorrows come, they come not single spies, but in battalions". - (Act IV, Scene V).

cushioncrawler
11-11-2012, 03:23 PM
As You Like It

"All the world 's a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" - (Act II, Scene VII).

"Can one desire too much of a good thing?". - (Act IV, Scene I).

"I like this place and willingly could waste my time in it" - (Act II, Scene IV).

"How bitter a thing it is to look into happiness through another man's eyes!" - (Act V, Scene II).

"Blow, blow, thou winter wind! Thou art not so unkind as man's ingratitude".(Act II, Scene VII).

"True is it that we have seen better days". - (Act II, Scene VII).

"For ever and a day". - (Act IV, Scene I).

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool". - (Act V, Scene I).

cushioncrawler
11-11-2012, 03:24 PM
King Richard III

"Now is the winter of our discontent". - (Act I, Scene I).

"A horse! a horse! my kingdom for a horse!". - (Act V, Scene IV).

"Conscience is but a word that cowards use, devised at first to keep the strong in awe". - (Act V, Scene III).

"So wise so young, they say, do never live long". - (Act III, Scene I).

"Off with his head!" - (Act III, Scene IV).

"An honest tale speeds best, being plainly told". - (Act IV, Scene IV).

"The king's name is a tower of strength". - (Act V, Scene III).

"The world is grown so bad, that wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch". - (Act I, Scene III).

cushioncrawler
11-11-2012, 03:24 PM
The Merchant of Venice

"But love is blind, and lovers cannot see".

"If you prick us, do we not bleed? if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?". - (Act III, Scene I).

"The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose". - (Act I, Scene III).

"I like not fair terms and a villain's mind". - (Act I, Scene III).

cushioncrawler
11-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Measure for Measure

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt". - (Act I, Scene IV).

"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall". - (Act II, Scene I).

"The miserable have no other medicine but only hope". - (Act III, Scene I).

King Henry IV, Part I

"He will give the devil his due". - (Act I, Scene II).

"The better part of valour is discretion". - (Act V, Scene IV).

King Henry IV, Part II

"He hath eaten me out of house and home". - (Act II, Scene I).

"Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown". - (Act III, Scene I).

"A man can die but once". - (Act III, Scene II).

"I do now remember the poor creature, small beer". - (Act II, Scene II).

"We have heard the chimes at midnight". - (Act III, Scene II)

King Henry IV, Part III

"The smallest worm will turn, being trodden on". - (Act II, Scene II).

"Suspicion always haunts the guilty mind; The thief doth fear each bush an officer". - (Act V, Scene VI).

King Henry the Sixth, Part I

"Delays have dangerous ends". - (Act III, Scene II).

"Of all base passions, fear is the most accursed". - (Act V, Scene II).

King Henry the Sixth, Part II

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers". - (Act IV, Scene II).

"Small things make base men proud". - (Act IV, Scene I).

"True nobility is exempt from fear". - (Act IV, Scene I).

King Henry the Sixth, Part III

"Having nothing, nothing can he lose".- (Act III, Scene III).

Taming of the Shrew

"I 'll not budge an inch". - (Induction, Scene I).

Timon of Athens

"We have seen better days". - (Act IV, Scene II).

Julius Caesar

"Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears; I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him". - (Act III, Scene II).

"But, for my own part, it was Greek to me". - (Act I, Scene II).

"A dish fit for the gods". - (Act II, Scene I).

"Cry "Havoc," and let slip the dogs of war". - (Act III, Scene I).

"Et tu, Brute!" - (Act III, Scene I).

"Men at some time are masters of their fates: The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings". - (Act I, Scene II).

"Not that I loved Caesar less, but that I loved Rome more". - (Act III, Scene II).

"Beware the ides of March". - (Act I, Scene II).

"This was the noblest Roman of them all". - (Act V, Scene V).

"When that the poor have cried, Caesar hath wept: Ambition should be made of sterner stuff". - (Act III, Scene II).

"Yond Cassius has a lean and hungry look; He thinks too much: such men are dangerous". (Act I, Scene II).

"For Brutus is an honourable man; So are they all, all honourable men". - (Act III, Scene II).

"As he was valiant, I honor him; but, as he was ambitious, I slew him" . - (Act III, Scene II).

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once.
Of all the wonders that I yet have heard, it seems to me most strange that men should fear;
Seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come". - (Act II, Scene II).