PDA

View Full Version : BAR LEAGUE Pocket & Table Specifications

rackmup
10-11-2002, 08:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>I imagine those pocket were "APA Specs".<hr></blockquote>

BAR LEAGUE Pocket and Table Specifications explained (from the "Bar League Handbook"):

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>"All bar tables designated for LEAGUE play, shall adhere strictly to the following guidelines for league play in local establishments.":

Tables shall near the concept of being level and should appear to be level to the naked eye, however, there should be some degree of severe table roll to every table.
Pockets will be loose enough for two balls and a Miller Lite bottle to fit comfortably into.
Table cloth will bear a minimum of six flaws and divots should be incorporated into the racking area (for more information on how to create these divots, visit www.sardo.com (http://www.sardo.com))
A "racking spot" is optional and may be replaced with a black dot from a "Sharpie" marking pen.
Balls shall be somewhat round (left to the discretion of the establishment owner) and should be cleaned if any food particles (chicken wing sauce, guacamole dip, etc.) are present on the balls or stuck in the indentations on the balls.
Cue ball weight should exceed that of an Instroke 3X5 case, with all cue butt and shaft tubes filled.
It is permissable to place the playing table within two-feet of a ceiling weight-bearing support beam, preferably at the breaking end of the table.
Talcum powder, Talcum Cones, Aerosol Graphite lubricants as well as other bridge conditioners should be provided by the host establishment. To avoid spillage onto the floor (creating a "slip and fall" hazard), please apply these products directly over the table's playing surface. Should any of these products fall onto the playing surface of the table, simply rub them into the cloth until smooth. NOTE: these products perform best if applied LIBERALLY.
Level tables, clean balls, smooth, flaw-free cloth and other favorable table and playing conditions are permissable but do cost money so exercise this option with tremendous discretion.<hr></blockquote>

Sound familiar to those who play in a bar?

Regards,

Ken

9 Ball Girl
10-11-2002, 01:56 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! This reminds me of one of your older posts on bar rules. An excerpt:

"Excuse me Mr./Mrs. Opponent...I am going to pocket the eight ball in the corner pocket, at the northwest corner of the table nearest the Spuds McKenzie Budweiser sign and I will be contacting the cueball with the mushroomed tip of my crooked bar cue using top center and slightly touching the rail with the oversized cueball prior to hitting the eight because the table isn't level and then caroming the eight off of your three ball into the pocket past the peeling felt and the cigarette burn and after completing the shot I will use the restroom and hold myself with my right hand while using my left hand to keep my pants up. OKAY?"

Wendy~~so Ken, did you get your package?

Cueless Joey
10-11-2002, 02:07 PM
You forgot the distance between two tables should be 2 feet maximum. Bottomless chalk, slip-on ferruled house cues, 2 40-watt light bulbs per table, waitresses asking you if you're still working on your bottle of Bud while shooting the 8 and blaring jukebox.
Not to mention playing on "bar rules". Whatever that means.
Did you know you lose the game if you scratch on the break?
8-ball has to go in clean. You have to call all kisses and caroms. Oh wait, I have to pocket the 8 on the same pocket my last ball went into? Oh yeah, try explaining to the drunk truck driver he can't scoop the cueball with the ferrule b/c he's hooked.
Never mind the equipment. Mind the people.

Kato
10-11-2002, 02:16 PM
9-ball Girl. Rackmup has not gotten his package because, for lack of a better phrase, U.P.S. blows!!!!!! Now, Ken will have to do laundry and will not be able to display his brand new duds at Billy Wiers tonight.

Kato

rackmup
10-11-2002, 02:31 PM
No Wendy,

Sadly, my "package" hasn't arrived yet. I am in fear something terrible might have happened to it. Whoever has it, if it's fallen into the wrong hands, I only ask that you take care of them, wash them using the gentle cycle with "Snuggle" fabric sofetner and hang them to dry (by the bottom or "tail" of the garment, on a hanger, with wooden clothes pins. A wet garment hung in the normal fashion causes "dimples" in the shoulders), and remember to fold them in such a fashion as to minimize unsightly creases and wrinkles.

Perhaps, as they get older, you can send me photographs of them.

Regards,

Ken

9 Ball Girl
10-11-2002, 03:29 PM
Kato,

I'm sure you've done this, but try going to the UPS tracking site, http://ups.com/tracking/tracking.html, and put in your tracking number. You can see who signed for it and where in its journey it's up to. Or call them and talk to a live person. Hell, I'll call them if you give me the tracking number.

Wendy~~wants Ken to wear his duds when he next plays OnePocketChamp /ccboard/images/icons/crazy.gif

10-11-2002, 06:52 PM
Joey,

You always keep me in stitches when your go on about bar pool. I think you covered everything ... well, almost everything. You forgot to mention those soft, fuzzy tips on those slip-on ferrules. You know, the ones that turn the game into "push-stick" or an inferior form of crokinole. Ah, such fun.

Keep your stick (no, not cue stick) on the ice! Remember, I'm pullin' for ya.

Regards,
Bob