PDA

View Full Version : RW Whacko Conspiracy Theory Blown Away By Patraeus

Gayle in MD
11-15-2012, 11:15 AM
Kyra Phillips Speaks To David Petraeus About Affair (VIDEO)

Phillips seemed shaken by the conduct of a man she admired. "I've never known him to tell me something that was not true," she said. "...I have never known him to be a flirtatious person."

She spoke about her many interactions with Petraeus.

"I've had a very good professional relationship with General Petraeus," she said. "I've kept in touch with him ... we've always had a great measure of respect for each other. Needless to say, I'm shocked by his behavior."

Phillips said that the conversation had begun on a personal level.

"We didn't even talk about Benghazi at the beginning," she said. "It was more, 'oh my God, I'm in shock, I'm sick about this, what the hell happened." She said she started asking him more direct questions when things got more "intense" in their conversation.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Petraeus told her that he had made a huge error, that he had not passed on classified information, and that his resignation had nothing to do with the scandal in Benghazi.

</span>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/15/kyra-phillips-david-petraeus-hln-affair_n_2136605.html

Petraeus Scandal Spurs Conservative Media Conspiracy Theories
Posted: 11/15/2012 11:28 am EST Updated: 11/15/2012 11:28 am EST

As Gen. David Petraeus prepares to address the attack in Benghazi at a congressional hearing, some members of the conservative media are wondering how his resignation is connected to the attack on the U.S. consulate.

Petraeus resigned as director of the CIA last week citing an extramarital affair with his biographer, Paula Broadwell. Since his resignation, the Petraeus affair has ignited a media obsession, as broadcasters attempt to follow what has been repeatedly described as a "tawdry" and "steamy" sex scandal.

Members of the conservative media speculate that Petraeus' resignation is connected to Benghazi. On Fox News Tuesday night, Charles Krauthammer seemed to suggest that the affair "was being held over [Petraeus'] head" when he testified on September 13th about Benghazi.

On Wednesday, Limbaugh said that he still thought the administration has "something to hold over Petraeus" so "if they want him to tell the story about the video, that's what he's gonna tell" during the hearing on Benghazi later this week.

Glenn Beck said that the whole Petraeus scandal was "a set up."

"This whole scandal is doing what?" Beck asked his viewers. "How is your opinion of the military? Discredit the last standing honorable American institution we have - the military. This makes no sense, unless your goal is to distract and discredit the military and blame all of the problems on somebody else or distract the media."

Watch Krauthammer's interview in the video above via Newsbusters, and Beck in the video below via Raw Story.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/15...html?ref=topbar (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/15/petraeus-scandal-conservative-media-conspiracy-theories_n_2137344.html?ref=topbar)

eg8r
11-15-2012, 12:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Members of the conservative media speculate that Petraeus' resignation is connected to Benghazi.</div></div>Petraeus has already given up his job I doubt he wants to give up his life also. If the two incidents are connected he will take that to his grave and hope everyone else that knows the truth will act accordingly. If they are not connected we will never know either.

This is yet another incident that due to the timing of the events will lead to speculation. There are 3 groups here, one group that thinks they two are related and will attack that chance, one group that will vehemently deny they are related because they want to save the President from more embarassment and the last group is just sitting back waiting to see if any new information will come out. I am in the third group. I can see both sides as being plausible but willing to ride this one out and see what happens in the end.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-15-2012, 12:38 PM
Again, read the material before you post.

G.

eg8r
11-15-2012, 12:43 PM
LOL, again get some comprehension help.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-15-2012, 12:55 PM
Again, read the posts before you comment.

G.

LWW
11-15-2012, 01:32 PM
P E T R A E U S

eg8r
11-15-2012, 02:25 PM
Only if you promise to get help with your comprehension problem.

eg8r