PDA

View Full Version : Future Tips

10-11-2002, 09:11 AM
Has anyone used a Future Tip on their cues? I had never heard on one till a cue maker here put one on one of my shaft and it hits really good. He said it is a synthetic material...It has a feel if a LePro but a little softer...Other players who played with my cue like it as well...Anyone know anything about these tips?

Uncle Ron in SC

heater451
10-11-2002, 10:17 AM
The following is excerpted from Chris Hightower's "THE CUEBUILDING BOOK" ( www.cuesmith.com (http://www.cuesmith.com) ):
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>
Black Future Tip: A synthetic polyurethane tip that makes a great jump and break tip. It is still legal in most tournaments. Never loses its shape.

Blue Future Tip: This synthetic tip plays very similar to the LePro but has a sound to it like you are playing with a hard tip on an ivory ferrule. Moves the ball well and never loses its shape.

Brown Future Tip: This synthetic tip feels great and doesn't make any noise like the blue or black tips. It is weaker on the draw shots than the blue tip, but has great side English. Never loses its shape.

Green Future Tip: This synthetic tip is probably the softest on the market and gives incredible side English. I don't recommend this tip for regular play, but if you are one of those guys who carries around several cues for various shots like a golf player, it would come in handy for extreme spin off the rail shots. Never loses its shape.<hr></blockquote>
Personally, I've never seen one. . . .

===============

Fred Agnir
10-11-2002, 10:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: heater451:</font><hr> Personally, I've never seen one<hr></blockquote>
Maybe the near Future.

Ba dum dum

Fred &lt;~~~ I mean "dumb."

10-11-2002, 10:39 AM
These have actually been around for a few years. I tried both the blue and brown but within a month had them both replaced with leather. It is true they do not loose their shape, but they don't hold chalk well or have the control of leather.

I recently asked my cue guy if he installs many, and he said he has removed virtually every one he ever isntalled and no longer recommends them.

IMHO, it is not they don't work--they just don't work as well as leather.

Tommy_Davidson
10-12-2002, 09:45 AM
&gt; The black one is as good as anything out there except these new phenolic tips,although after a while they do tend to develop stress cracks at the edges,and are almost impossible to scuff except with a brand new tip tapper or a Porcupine tapper. A Tip Pik would also work well. I have had one on my jump cue since the day I got it. They are also DEVASTATING as a break cue tip. Tommy D.