PDA

View Full Version : Illegal Alien?

llotter
11-15-2012, 03:37 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/543050_390513384364232_1249348206_n.jpg

Gayle in MD
11-15-2012, 04:51 PM
Pathetic.

eg8r
11-15-2012, 05:42 PM
Your defense of illegal aliens is pathetic.

eg8r

Sid_Vicious
11-15-2012, 07:43 PM
I agree with this plackard llotter. Illegal is illegal, otherwise they wouldn't call it illegal. The law is the law, or at least it should be. Good post. sid

Soflasnapper
11-15-2012, 07:45 PM
It's the difference between a misdemeanor or felony, and a traffic ticket citation.

The first are crimes, the latter, a civil violation which carries no criminal status or penalty.

Simply being here without legal immigration status or visa papers is not a crime. It is a civil infraction. If found out, you are given a summons for a later appearance and released on your own recognizance. Not jailed. (Except in AZ.)

Now, if caught crossing the border, that's a crime. There are many immigration-related crimes. But being here without papers is not a crime.

Something like 15% of the undocumenteds got here legally, with tourist or student visas. Later, upon their expiration, that person has a civil violation, but has not committed a crime.

The complaint about the use of the word illegal to describe them all elides the key fact that it isn't a crime to simply reside here without documentation.

If it can be proven they committed a crime in coming here, that is a different story. But unless they are caught in the act, and/or prosecuted within the statute of limitations period, they cannot be criminally prosecuted. (Except in AZ.)

I only go through what I presume you know already because you seem to forget that undocumented residence is NOT A CRIME ITSELF. (Except in AZ.)