PDA

View Full Version : ROLL CALL-The new, new CCB (same as the old?)

Eric.
12-20-2012, 01:23 PM
What happened...did they drop the bomb...we might not be in Kansas anymore...

So, who is left? Maybe someone can chime in here to let me know that I am not the last survivor.

On a side note, I changed some of my personal forum settings and it seems like I have my PM messages on, and all the other good forum stuff going:

http://billiardsdigest.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions

Eric

cushioncrawler
12-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Fixed my new settings ok.
Hells bells 2013 iz kumming quick -- it woz only last week that it woz jan 2012 -- jan 2000 in fakt.
mac.

Soflasnapper
12-20-2012, 05:54 PM
Hey! Saw Rich and mac the cushioncrawler this side-- most of the usual suspects on the other side, minus eg8r so far. Seems that despite the face lift, and the now dead links to older style pages, this is the same under the skin. I'm probably wrong about that!

Stretch
12-21-2012, 12:54 AM
Still here to read with amusement the quackery of the right. St,

Rich R.
12-21-2012, 07:43 AM
I'm still here. Although there hasn't been a lot of traffic, I try to check on the CCB every day.
Oh, I never go to the non-pool side so don't expect to find me there.

Although there seems to be a few bugs, I'm getting used to the new format.

cushioncrawler
12-21-2012, 02:24 PM
In the oldendays the edit window woz only hours, now it iz eternal. Good.
But now when u edit the edit flag iz automatik.
mac.

See.
No it didnt put the flag up. I will edit again.

See No 2.
No, no edit flag. Hmmmmm -- praps it iz smartnuff to let edits go throo unflagged in the first hour or something.
mac.

HAAAHHHHAAAAAAHHHAHAH -- No it got me that time. Looks like it only allows a 2 minute flag-free edit window.
mac.

hondo
12-23-2012, 03:51 PM
I struggled on. Where is the new rep option?

Rich R.
12-24-2012, 07:20 AM
I struggled on. Where is the new rep option?

To my knowledge, this forum never had a "rep option". :confused2:

dg-in-centralpa
12-28-2012, 07:41 AM
I'm still here. Kind of hard getting used to this new format. I very rarely go to the NPR side, nothing worth reading there.

DG

Bambu
12-28-2012, 09:59 AM
Not for nothing, but this new format sucks. I cant call this an improvement, seems like we took a step backwards in time. If I was the spammer/hacker who caused all this, I'd feel pretty good about myself.

ccboard_admin_back
12-28-2012, 11:37 AM
This is more than just a skin change. It is a migration to a more robust forum package that allows MUCH more customization and spam protection.

The spam issue on the old site was way out of control and I have hopes that this change will allow us to weed out the majority of spam out there.

vbulletin is probably the most widely used forum package out there at the moment. Add on a mobile skin that we have for this forum and I think you will like this package when you get a little more used to it.

nAz
12-28-2012, 07:17 PM
:) hey Eric, you going to the supper expo this coming year?

Rich R.
12-29-2012, 07:53 AM
The spam issue on the old site was way out of control and I have hopes that this change will allow us to weed out the majority of spam out there.

I'm in favor of anything that will cut or eliminate the spam.
So far, I'm not crazy about this format but I'll get used to it in time.

LWW
12-29-2012, 09:44 AM
I'm in favor of anything that will cut or eliminate the spam.

Then try the lobster thermidor:

http://youtu.be/anwy2MPT5RE

Eric.
12-31-2012, 09:23 AM
:) hey Eric, you going to the supper expo this coming year?

Naz,

Nice to see you around. This place is getting to be like a 50th year high school reunion- soon we can hold it at one table, in a restaurant...

I'll be at SBE in NJ this year. I believe they moved it to the first week of April, in Edison. See ya then?

Eric

nAz
12-31-2012, 10:04 PM
yep i will be around,,, much better in Edison :) but i still wish they did in March oh well.

dg-in-centralpa
01-03-2013, 07:11 AM
Edison is twice as far for me to go and play unless I get a hotel room. Not really in the budget right now.

Duane

Harold Acosta
01-12-2013, 11:34 AM
I'm a lurker.. but always check the site around the time of the US Open........

Cue Chalk
02-02-2013, 03:23 PM
I have never posted but I check in now and then just to see what's going on.