PDA

View Full Version : St. Paul Gal - Thanks Chris Cass

SPetty
10-11-2002, 07:57 PM
Please let me apologize in advance for those who don't care for the "social" type of posts - that's all this one is, so stop reading now if you don't like those kind...

Well, I'm at the end of my week here in the lovely city of Minneapolis. The weather has been beautiful.

I'd like to thank Chris Cass with hooking me up with St. Paul Gal. She used to be a regular poster here, but she's not around as much any more, spending her time at her own website, www.mnbilliards.com. (http://www.mnbilliards.com.)

We started out playing a little 8-ball. I won two off the bat which of course makes me feel a little cocky which of course sends my game right down the toilet. She won a few, I won a few. OK, warmup is over. Let's race to 7 9-ball. Um, she won 7-1, I think. Maybe I had two - it's hard to remember.

Well, now, she's feeling a little cocky and suggests straight pool, which I've never played. We played to 35, a game which I handily won. I've always been a little afraid of straight pool because of the break shot issue, but I landed a perfect break shot and it worked! How cool is that!

So, then we play another race to 7 9-ball. She was getting tired (OK, I was too), and definitely suffering from that horrible phenomenon that we label "playing down to your opponent". She was up at 5-1 before I caught some luck and took the match to hill-hill before losing 7-6.

One point to note here is that when we went to pay the table time, it was $39.and some cents!!! Geez, rackmup gets a whole month for that kind of money! But, the equipment was real nice, and when we turned in the balls, they immediately went into a ball cleaning device. I've never even seen one of those things in Texas!

Anyway, the poolplayers here are great. Thanks, St. Paul Gal, for making an out-of-towner feel so welcome. You play great and I hope we get together again sometime. Thanks, too, Chris Cass, for hooking us up. I had a great time.

Tom_In_Cincy
10-11-2002, 08:08 PM
Spetty,

Kelly (aka SPG, St. Paul Girl) has been around CCB for a long time.. her website www.mnbilliards.com (http://www.mnbilliards.com) is fantastic. Wish we all had a lady in each state that does what she does for MN..

Good to hear you hooked up with one of the nicer ladies.

Karatemom
10-11-2002, 08:40 PM
Sure, go up to Minnesota and play, but don't bother to stop here /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif. Glad you had a good time, though. I've never had the pleasure of meeting Kelly, but I've heard only the best about her. I haven't met a CCB'er that hasn't been nice, yet /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif.

Heide ~ see if I stop at your place the next time I'm in TX /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

Chris Cass
10-12-2002, 12:08 AM
Hi SPetty,

No need to thank me. I'm glad you were able to meet and also have a good time. $39. is alot of doe. Maybe, if I knew where you were going I could have gotten you a break. I know some people up there too.

You'll never guess what I saw at league night. A shirt with Butts on it from the Riv in Vegas. No kidding. hahaha Thought of you. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Thanks to SPG for being a friend.

Regards,

C.C.

Fred Agnir
10-12-2002, 06:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SPetty:</font><hr> Please let me apologize in advance for those who don't care for the "social" type of posts - that's all this one is, so stop reading now if you don't like those kind...
&lt;snip meeting another CCBer&gt;<hr></blockquote>
I think that this is the type of post that is perfectly acceptable here. It's a discussion about pool and pool things.

Glad to hear you had a good time.

Fred &lt;~~~ loves meeting other members