PDA

View Full Version : What kind of glue to use

beerwolf
10-11-2002, 08:00 PM
HI! I usually play in a bar but the other day I decided to go into a poolroom around here. I brought my cue with me even though I didnít want them to think I was a HUSTLER! HA HA. One of the guys looked at it and said I needed a new tip. I didnít have any left. I use the kinds that screw on so they are easy to replace and I can buy three at a time. He said he thought those kinds were no good and I should use one of his. So since I ran out of them I bought one from him. He charged me $6 for it. I can buy 6 of mine for that price but he seemed to know pool so I thought I would improve my cue and maybe my game would get better.

This tip I bought was all blue and he said it already has chalk in it so I wonít need to use very much chalk. I thought it was too hard so I squeezed it with pliers from the side so now it is very tall and should last a long time. The problem is that now it is smaller around than the brass thingy on the end of my cue. I have two questions and he said to go here if I have any problems. He said there are people here who make a living putting those tips on the ends of cues and they would see my message and help me.

Would it be OK if the tip is a little smaller than the end of the cue?

What is a good kind of glue I can use to fill in the hole on the end of the cue and would hold my new tip on the end? Itís made of brass and I donít know what will stick to it. The thingy on the end of the cue, not the tip. HA HA.

Thank you very much in advance. All you people who put those tips on better hope nobody finds out about the ones that screw on. If my game gets much better I will have to leave messages here more often.
BW

Tom_In_Cincy
10-11-2002, 08:15 PM
There is a re-occuring message on playpool.com that keeps me going back to see if anyone has answered it..

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>
Ok.. now I am on this site.. How do you playpool.. ?
<hr></blockquote>

10-11-2002, 09:50 PM
I'd take my hacksaw and cut that brass thingy on the end off. Then I'd take my bench grinder and grind the end down so I could put one of those plastic thingys on. Use two part epoxy to put the plastic thing on, then Super Glue Gel to put the blue tip on. If the tip is still too small, put it in a bench vise and squeeze it to the right diameter. Now cut it into 12" pieces and use it for firewood. Go back to the poolhall and buy a pool cue. LMAO

Troy
10-11-2002, 09:58 PM
Surely this must be a joke..... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
I refuse to answer on the grounds I may incriminate myself.

Troy

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: beerwolf:</font><hr> HI! I usually play in a bar but the other day I decided to go into a poolroom around here. I brought my cue with me even though I didn?t want them to think I was a HUSTLER! HA HA. One of the guys looked at it and said I needed a new tip. I didn?t have any left. I use the kinds that screw on so they are easy to replace and I can buy three at a time. He said he thought those kinds were no good and I should use one of his. So since I ran out of them I bought one from him. He charged me $6 for it. I can buy 6 of mine for that price but he seemed to know pool so I thought I would improve my cue and maybe my game would get better.

This tip I bought was all blue and he said it already has chalk in it so I won?t need to use very much chalk. I thought it was too hard so I squeezed it with pliers from the side so now it is very tall and should last a long time. The problem is that now it is smaller around than the brass thingy on the end of my cue. I have two questions and he said to go here if I have any problems. He said there are people here who make a living putting those tips on the ends of cues and they would see my message and help me.

Would it be OK if the tip is a little smaller than the end of the cue?

What is a good kind of glue I can use to fill in the hole on the end of the cue and would hold my new tip on the end? It?s made of brass and I don?t know what will stick to it. The thingy on the end of the cue, not the tip. HA HA.

Thank you very much in advance. All you people who put those tips on better hope nobody finds out about the ones that screw on. If my game gets much better I will have to leave messages here more often.
BW
<hr></blockquote>

Cueless Joey
10-11-2002, 10:08 PM
Use Elmers.

10-12-2002, 12:16 AM
How about one of those slip-on tip thingy's .....

ted harris
10-12-2002, 01:45 AM
I thingy this is the funniest post ever! This is definitely a thingy for the CCB Hall of Fame.

cheesemouse
10-12-2002, 06:21 AM
Beerwolf,
Good one, I like you already......LOL /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Fred Agnir
10-12-2002, 06:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: beerwolf:</font><hr> I use the kinds that screw on so they are easy to replace and I can buy three at a time. He said he thought those kinds were no good and I should use one of his. So since I ran out of them I bought one from him. He charged me $6 for it. I can buy 6 of mine for that price but he seemed to know pool so I thought I would improve my cue and maybe my game would get better.<hr></blockquote>
I think your best bet is to get you a whole Budweiser stick at the local 7-11 for $5.95 everytime you need a new tip. Heck, it beats paying $6 for that tip.

Fred &lt;~~~ just saved Beerwulf a nickel