PDA

View Full Version : Best tip for the money

03-04-2002, 08:42 PM
There are so many and its been quite awhile since I've been out there, any suggestions? I have played 20 years with La Pro and still like em and the price. If one is bad I just spin up another. BF

Doctor_D
03-04-2002, 08:50 PM
Good evening:

Personally, I like the Moori tips.

Dr. D.

Troy
03-04-2002, 10:40 PM
For the price, I prefer Talisman Pro tips.

Troy

cheesemouse
03-04-2002, 10:44 PM
Get a job!!! LOL Sorry I could'nt help it /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
03-04-2002, 10:46 PM
I, also played with a LePro for the last 15 years, and before that, it was a French Champion or Triangle tip.
I like the Talisman Tips. They keep their shape and do now wear down as quickely as the LePros.

03-05-2002, 03:25 AM
I just had some cash to throw away and had an Everest put on, it has a good feel, hardness of 70 and the first dozen or so hours it held up,it does require a roughing about every hour of play but holds it shape very well, the thing is it should be precommpressed, it doesnt mushroom, it kind of compresses and requires a trim, Im not sure if Ill get another but compared to a le pro , i like it.

Kato
03-05-2002, 08:17 AM
For my money I like Triangle, I re-tip every 4 months so I don't want to spend the beans on a Moori or the like.

Kato

Doctor_D
03-05-2002, 08:26 AM
Good morning Kato:

Something to consider with better tips. I have had a Moori Medium tip on my Predator Shaft for 10 months now and, even after using the cue an average of 30 hours per week, I still have a significant amount of tip life remaining. My Moori, installed, cost me $40.00 and at the current pace will last me more then 12 months. Less expensive, more frequently, is not always more cost effective. Just a thought to consider.

Dr. D.

Fred Agnir
03-05-2002, 08:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> For my money I like Triangle, I re-tip every 4 months so I don't want to spend the beans on a Moori or the like.<hr></blockquote>
For non-layered tips, I also like Triangles. I put a fiber pad underneath mine to mute the sound. It feels like a softer tip that way.

For layered tips, I've had great success with the Talisman M and H, but the H sounds too hard for me, even with a fiber pad.

I just put a Moori MH on (w/fiber pad), and this sound, feels, and hits very nicely. I don't think I like the price that others are paying for it though.

BTW, tips last a year or more for me on my shooting stick. I blame excessive tip wear on scuffing and Tip Pik-ing.

Fred

Q-guy
03-05-2002, 09:18 AM
Actually, the cost of re-tipping your cue every so often, is by far the cheapest part of ones pool playing endeavors. Cost should not be a consideration as long as you are paying fair.

Kato
03-05-2002, 02:33 PM
Heya Doc. It would cost me $45 per year to have my tips done and my ferrules and shafts cleaned on my play cue. Not bad. I know about the length of times Moori's last and my Triangle's could last much longer than the 4 month alloted time. I just like to dump 'em every so often. That 4 months isn't set in stone but it is a guideline I use. I have played with Moori's but for me they don't play as well as Triangle's.

Kato~~~~had a Moori for 4 years on old break cue.

03-05-2002, 02:41 PM
Brown water buffalo. Cheap. Gets more action than any tip in the market. Just needs a little tip-picking more often but it holds up well.

03-05-2002, 03:15 PM
MOORI MOORI MOORI Nuff said! The BEST!!!!!!!!! Better then Talisman Pro