PDA

View Full Version : Represented countries in this forum

Brent
10-12-2002, 05:43 AM
Hi again. As I understand most of u here are from the states, but I was wondering how many of u are from other countries ? Im from a little country u prolly dont even know - Estonia (eastern europe, near Finland). So Id like to know if there are more peeps like me around here. Thnx everyone for replying.

Brent

Kato
10-12-2002, 06:24 AM
I'm from a little state here in the U.S.A. It probably won't show up in your geography books. State of Confusion.

Kato~~~I know, bad joke.

Chris Cass
10-12-2002, 07:54 AM
Well Brent,

I really messed up. I thought Estonia was in NY. HAHAHAHA No kidding! Goes to show ya, this game is loved all over the world. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

So, do you have trouble finding tips, cues and pool related items? What's games, cues, and pros popular there? Just curious? Back to your question. There seems to be people here from alot of different countries. My friend Marek is playing the circuit out by him with a sponsor to boot. Although he's from another country. I'm hoping he'll make it to the top and when I see his name, I'll say, that's my bro and I've known him for yrs. LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~corn country....

Wally_in_Cincy
10-12-2002, 09:54 AM
I know where Estonia is although I can't remember if it's north or south of Latvia and Lithuania.

Marek is from the Czech Republic

We used to have a guy named Ken Platanov from Austria.

There have been a couple of Brits but I can't remember their names.

Patrick is from Sweden.

Charlie Williams lives in his very own fiefdom.

I'm surprised that there are not some Filipinos here altough I think cueless joey might be a Pinoy living in California. Sorry joey if I'm wrong.

rackmup
10-12-2002, 10:25 AM
Myself, Sid_Vicious, Spiderman, Eg8r, PoolFool, OnePocketChamp and SPetty (as well as a few others) are from a rather large country called "Texas". It is surrounded by a another country known as the United States but if you believe Sid, we're in the process of trading some US Open souvenirs to the Native Americans for it as well.

Regards,

Ken

Harold Acosta
10-12-2002, 10:52 AM
Puerto Rico, a small island 100 x 35 miles, in the Caribbean Sea, 4 million in population.

Brent
10-12-2002, 12:15 PM
Thnx 4 youre intrest. Well to be honest there are a lot of poolhalls and bars where u can play pool..but there are like 2 stores that sell billiard equipment (1 in the capital and the other is like 50 miles to nowhere /webbbs/images/icons/smile.gif). The choice of cues and tips etc. is quite small. Companys like Meucci, McDermott and a few others are represented. When it comes to tables then Brunswick is tha main bit*h in da house if u know what I mean. There are a couple of Riley tables also for grabs. Le Pro tips are also for sale so no worries there /webbbs/images/icons/smile.gif. About the players around me..well there arent alot. Ofcourse there are alot of common people who are not so dedicated then maybe me and u. There are 2 leagues in Estonia...Champions League and the first leauge. Well the champions leagues best is the Estonian champion. His the only guy I have ever seen in poolhall with his own set of balls, his own break-cue, his own brush etc. so Im guessing the level of proffession in Estonia sucks:). If u have any other questions about my shitty country then just ask away Id love to answer them.

Brent

Rod
10-12-2002, 01:22 PM
Quote Brent,so Im guessing the level of proffession in Estonia sucks:). If u have any other questions about my shitty country then just ask away Id love to answer them."

Hey Brent,
In your shitty little country/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif just kidding, there doesn't seem to be many highways. If there are it is really limited. I did notice a lot of bicycle paths though. Is the mode of transportation mostly bikes or maybe motorcycles?

Tom_In_Cincy
10-12-2002, 02:00 PM
I found this interesting road sign on the Estonia Web site..

I see that you have a cold climate.. lots of time for indoor pool activity

http://www.estemb.fi/imgs/uusaken_iitee.jpg

10-12-2002, 02:30 PM
I'm Filipino /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Brent
10-12-2002, 03:40 PM
omg lol hahahah..where the hell did u dig that up ? well yes we got these signs here and there..we also got signs pointing to wire-less areas:)

Brent
10-12-2002, 03:43 PM
Bah Rod..whut ? Ofcourse we got highways..why did u assume we dont ? and whats with the bicycle stuff ??? /webbbs/images/icons/smile.gif

TalismanTony
10-12-2002, 09:19 PM
Hi Brent

I am an Englishman in Northern Thailand.

Talisman Tony.

9 Ball Girl
10-12-2002, 09:37 PM
Hi! I was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY but my family hails from the Dominican Republic. That's the Dominican flag waving there on the left. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Chris Cass
10-13-2002, 12:29 AM
Well Tony,

If you don't have a rep in Estonia, maybe you've just found one?

Regards,

C.C.

Chris Cass
10-13-2002, 12:32 AM
Hey Brent,

Tell us what you can't get around there and need as far as pool stuff goes. Maybe I can hook you up. Don't get nuts on me bro, I don't work ya know. LOL

Regards,

C.C.

Rod
10-13-2002, 12:40 AM
Sorry Brent I looked at a map and it showed a lot of bike routes. It did have one main highway to the capitol. Humm must have been looking at the wrong map or an old one.

Brent
10-13-2002, 01:26 AM
Thnx man, thats really nice of u, but I think the shipping costs pretty much and luckily we got almost everything vital /webbbs/images/icons/smile.gif But if I ever dicided to buy a signature 2000$ cue then Il let u know /webbbs/images/icons/smile.gif Thnx 4 the offer though really.

8rent

Brent
10-13-2002, 01:29 AM
Bah here u go (http://www.hot.ee/brentpriit/estonia.JPG) this should be the map that shows some highways also /webbbs/images/icons/smile.gif

Brent

Rod
10-13-2002, 01:58 AM
Brent, those blue lines look like rivers, but that's ok I'll take your word you have highways! I mean a country must have highways. So Estonia is about the size as our southern country, Texas./ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

10-13-2002, 05:46 AM
Hi, I'm new and I'm from Indiana but now I live in Japan. There are some VERY good 9 ball players here.

Wally_in_Cincy
10-14-2002, 06:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: pureza_5:</font><hr> I'm Filipino /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

Cool. How long ya' been here?

So you're "The Filipino Heat"? There's a guy named Siva at our pool hall who calls himself "The Indian Tornado" /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

later,

Chris Cass
10-14-2002, 07:34 AM
That's it! Now I have to ask you. What does the Moori tip sell for out there in Japan?

C.C.~~I need the seven...

mickey2
10-16-2002, 05:10 AM
Most international visitors are probably only lurkers like me.
BTW I am living in Austria and I am pretty sure many pool players from here visit the ccb but nearly no one posts.

Mickey

10-16-2002, 09:13 AM
I've been in Nagoya since 1991, playing pool here since 1995. Yougotheseven is right, there are a LOT of good nine ball players here. 98% seem to play only nine ball, and all-ball-foul rules are universal.
Isshi
~~does drills a lot because he hates losing

Brent
10-16-2002, 12:07 PM
Haha I checked and they even sell Moori tips in Estonia....wow they are expencive. what about those tips ? What makes them so special?

Wally_in_Cincy
10-16-2002, 01:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Brent:</font><hr> Haha I checked and they even sell Moori tips in Estonia....wow they are expencive. what about those tips ? What makes them so special? <hr></blockquote>

Some people think really expensive equipment will improve their game. I think they're way overpriced. JMHO

HOWARD
10-16-2002, 01:33 PM
BRENT, IN MY VIEW - NO MATTER WHAT COUNTRY YOU MAY ORIGINATE IN (INCLUDING TEXAS)- WHEN THE CUE IS IN YOUR HAND YOU HAVE ENTER THE COUNTRY OF POOL WITH PASSPORT AND ARE THERE LEGALLY - EVEN IF YOU DO OR DO NOT SHOOT A LICK OF GOOD POOL. 1 MANS IDEA - HOPING FOR WORLD PEACE ...HOWARD

Brent
10-16-2002, 02:57 PM
U prolly right...but man do I hate posers. Bah I see some kids who got their fancy cue for their birthday or something. Ofcourse u think that maybe they are just begginners..indeed they are and I can see that even dont want to progress. Thats a shame...They should prolly donate the cue to me /webbbs/images/icons/smile.gif cuz Im far more dedicated. Ok later

Brent

Brent
10-16-2002, 03:00 PM
Im with u on that one. Man I have to be...I play with a 70$ cue that hasnt got a name or something like that /webbbs/images/icons/smile.gif But I like it...I definetly dont need a better one now.

Brent

Ken
10-16-2002, 06:45 PM
Chris, Mike Massey said he was getting them in Japan for $7. Maybe that's a special price if you endorse the tip. Like when they give you a cue only they won't give the tips away because they're too valuable to give away.
KenCT

Chris Cass
10-16-2002, 07:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Brent:</font><hr> Haha I checked and they even sell Moori tips in Estonia....wow they are expencive. what about those tips ? What makes them so special? <hr></blockquote>

Hey Brent,

The Moori tip comes from Japan. It's a layered tip and considered one of the best layered tips on the market. The layered tips don't mushroom (hand over the edges). Some has lasted a couple yrs. The demand is what makes them so costly.

IMO, I shot with a LePro tip for about 26 yrs. I started with a LePro tip on my $90. Meucci cue I bought for $35. and can tell you one thing right now. It doesn't matter. I stayed with Meucci for 11 yrs. As long as you don't break with them when your tip gets low your ok. Otherwise you shatter or crack the ferrule.

Cues are cues. What matters is how they feel to you. Meucci for me got to the point I had too much english. I then went to a stiffer cue, a McDermott. Shot with it for 8 yrs and still, too much english. Now, I have a South West worth tons. I went to a harder tip to train me to stay more in a quarter radius, more control.

Although, my cue is worth big doe I got there by trading up as I went along. I won money, tournament money, and deals with selling a couple cues too. This all takes time. Your best bet is not to worry about these kids you know that invested daddy's doe in a cue. It's better you start the way I did. It teaches you respect for your equipment and others too. Anyone, will loan you a cue and trusts you'll take care of it when your stuck and needing a cue quick.

It takes IMO 5 yrs. to make a cue feel like your right arm. Sure I can shoot with anything but the feeling of knowing every single reaction your cue will do when shooting, is priceless.

Moori? Stay with what you have. Master the cue as if it were your right arm and she'll never let you down. Once you start playing consistant and beating these guys with these fancy cues. Who knows, you might even get one on a deal? One thing I know about pool players. They always over rate themselves and their play. Keep this realistic. Your play will speak for itself and that's all that has to be said. Someone you'll know will go off later and need to sell their cue and you'll be there.

LOL bet you'll never ask me about Moori's again. HAHAHAHA

Regards,

C.C.~~doesn't want Brent to feel slighted by these other kids and their fancy cues......

Chris Cass
10-16-2002, 07:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Ken:</font><hr> Chris, Mike Massey said he was getting them in Japan for $7. Maybe that's a special price if you endorse the tip. Like when they give you a cue only they won't give the tips away because they're too valuable to give away.
KenCT <hr></blockquote>

Hi Ken,

I've met Mike Massey and can tell ya this. That guy could talk a cop into giving himself a ticket. LOL I'm sure he didn't pay dime one. LOL He's definitely a trip. Still an excellent showman.

Regards,

C.C.~~long time Ken, stick around.

Brent
10-17-2002, 01:26 AM
Wow...now these are the kinda posts I live for /webbbs/images/icons/smile.gif Thanx very much for the good advice Chris..I really need it. But what is the material used on the moori tip ??? just messing with ya. Later

Brent

10-17-2002, 02:03 AM
Well, Brent, I'm of Italian, German and Danish descent. I always tell people I'm irascible like the Italian, obstinate like the German and melancholy like the Dane. I can get along with myself let alone anybody else - a real independent cuss. Hey, I guess that makes me all American, which is where I grew up. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

All the best in Estonia, one of the many countries I'd like to visit when I retire. I dream of riding trains across Western and Eastern Europe, playing chess with the passengers. And I know in Eastern Europe I'd find some players to indulge my fantasy.

Regards,
Bob