PDA

View Full Version : Cold weather = less throw?

10-12-2002, 08:05 AM
Recently I've kinda noticed that cold weather seems to make more accurate shots.. I don't know, it could be my imagination, but it seems that when it is hot out, the spheres don't go in the pocket quite as easily as when it is colder. Also, the rails seem to play faster and are more lively.

Any thoughts? I live in Washington, so the humidity isn't as much as down south, and it doesn't get super cold or super hot either.. but I think the table plays much more different when it's cold.

Tom_In_Cincy
10-12-2002, 08:13 AM
In Cincy our temp ranges from the high 90s to subzero. The better pool halls all have air conditioning.. humidity only becomes a factor on days that it has been raining a lot..

As far as it being cold in the pool halls.. well we in the mid-west.... have learned to use 'warm' up strokes..

10-12-2002, 10:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> In Cincy our temp ranges from the high 90s to subzero. The better pool halls all have air conditioning.. humidity only becomes a factor on days that it has been raining a lot..

As far as it being cold in the pool halls.. well we in the mid-west.... have learned to use 'warm' up strokes.. <hr></blockquote>

Well, I better start using alot more 'warm' up strokes, because it's getting to be kinda chilly around here as of late. I wonder how cold or hot weather affect a wooden cue? Probably not enough to dwell on, but I'm the kind that likes to know all the little unimportant crap about the game, since I'm addicted to it. :&gt;