PDA

View Full Version : I'm suing!

rackmup
10-12-2002, 10:56 AM
Playing one-pocket has RUINED my nineball game I'm I'm not going to take this crap lying down!

I need a good attorney. I'm going to sue Steve Abear and Les Moore for every single dime they have. Then I'm going to take my winnings and buy a...

...well, I'll have enough for a package of Twinkies and some milk.

Regards,

Ken (who is it that says: "One Pocket: It's an epidemic and there ain't no cure"? I hope they're wrong! I want my nineball skills back!)

Cueless Joey
10-12-2002, 11:52 AM
Hell, why not just pocket all nine balls in the same pocket in rotation?
What's the problem with that?

PQQLK9
10-12-2002, 11:54 AM
Hey Ken...This was told to me by Willie Joplin...

"Two fellows were trying to match up when one of them said...let's play some 9 ball because I want to see if you can make a ball. The other fellow then said... let's play 1 pocket because I want to see if you can think". /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Troy
10-12-2002, 01:22 PM
Actually Ken, playing 1-Pocket should IMPROVE your 9-Ball game by helping you with cue ball control, safeties, getting out of safties, etc..... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Troy

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> Playing one-pocket has RUINED my nineball game I'm I'm not going to take this crap lying down!

I need a good attorney. I'm going to sue Steve Abear and Les Moore for every single dime they have. Then I'm going to take my winnings and buy a...

Regards,

Ken (who is it that says: "One Pocket: It's an epidemic and there ain't no cure"? I hope they're wrong! I want my nineball skills back!) <hr></blockquote>

Tom_In_Cincy
10-12-2002, 01:52 PM
and learning how to think also.

Sid_Vicious
10-12-2002, 09:09 PM
Shoulda' warned you about Abear...that crafty "Hi Friend" look and southern hospitality way will get ya, with or without 1-pocket! ;-)

Seriously though Ken, the stroke of one pocket stunt the 9-ball stroke, you surely heard that somewhere before now. I appreciate the game(1-pocket) played well, it's just that the bunting and bouncing and thinking that only half the table is "the real arena" smothers a 9-ball stroke. IT JUST DOES! As far as thinking...well over-thinking ain't good in 9-ball...sid

10-12-2002, 09:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> Playing one-pocket has RUINED my nineball game I'm I'm not going to take this crap lying down!

Regards,

Ken (who is it that says: "One Pocket: It's an epidemic and there ain't no cure"? I hope they're wrong! I want my nineball skills back!) <hr></blockquote>

The problem with 9-ball is that it's a game in which you move the cueball around alot more.. (long roll position) and you have longer shots. It's a good game to let your stroke out, and it's all about angles. One pocket is a moving game for the first 10 or 15 minutes or longer, and then slowly graduates into a medium roll position game and then sometimes into a banking game.

I've found that if I was going to turn pro, I would play 9-ball almost constantly untill I was going to play a tournament for a different game.. but as it is, I don't have much reason to play 9-ball, since people usually only play 8-ball. 8-ball takes surprisingly good cueball control, even though you can hit any of your group of balls, there is usually only a limited way of running out a rack the easy way.. without having to count on luck.

10-13-2002, 02:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Hell, why not just pocket all nine balls in the same pocket in rotation?
What's the problem with that? <hr></blockquote>

Hahaha I actually know a guy who does this. He doesn't even realize it till he has to play a ball in a different pocket. The look? Priceless.

OnePocketChamp
10-13-2002, 08:30 PM
I have know idea what Ken is whining about, his 9 ball skills have not diminished but rather mine have improved. I still give him 9-7 at one hole but he still is determined to shoot at his hole on every shot and sells out balls to me left and right. I know it is not fair to take advantage of the slow witted but as you can see from many of his previous posts the guy is SMART. So, all I can say is sue if you must, YOU BIG WHINER. Ken is my best friend for those of you who think I am bashing him.