PDA

View Full Version : Derby City....who's thinking about going?

Voodoo Daddy
10-12-2002, 02:22 PM
I had a great time at the Open. I'm not much for sitting and sweating match's but it was the kick in the azz I needed. Jan.3-11, 2003, in the great state of Kentucky I will come off the 22 year stall. Anyone else?

10-12-2002, 02:27 PM
I'll be playing there /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Rich R.
10-12-2002, 02:28 PM
We have talked about it, but, I'm sorry to say, I don't think we can join you this time.
We did enjoy your company at the Open and would have loved doing it again.
Rich R.~~~wants to go to all of the tournaments. /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

AzHousePro
10-12-2002, 02:33 PM
Voodoo, I am leaning towards going. But Reno is first. I am almost positive I am going to Reno.

Mike

Voodoo Daddy
10-12-2002, 02:39 PM
I got to sweat one of your match's at the Open...dude, your a good player...good showing amongst the TITANS!!

10-12-2002, 03:53 PM
thanks, i was kinda dissapointed with the way i played towards the end there, i should have gave jimmy wetch a tougher match than i did, and my fourth match i was just kinda spent, by next year i'll be ready though /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
10-12-2002, 04:24 PM
I will be there.. and have I got a treat for you.. All you can eat Chinese Buffet.. called Big Pappa's Jumbo Buffet

Rip
10-12-2002, 05:51 PM
Voodoo, I look forward to meeting up with you and hopefully many more ccb'rs at the DCC. What a great way to start off the new year! The first round is on me! Rip

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> I had a great time at the Open. I'm not much for sitting and sweating match's but it was the kick in the azz I needed. Jan.3-11, 2003, in the great state of Kentucky I will come off the 22 year stall. Anyone else? <hr></blockquote>

Kato
10-12-2002, 08:34 PM
Throw my hat in the ring. I'll be there for 4 or 5 days.

Kato

Vicki
10-12-2002, 09:07 PM
I am going. Last year I flew in on Wednesday morning. Probably will do the same again this time. See you there!

Chris Cass
10-13-2002, 01:07 AM
Hi Voodoo,

I'm not thinking about it. I'm going!

Regards,

C.C.~~going to play pool till my hands fall off or I run out of doe.

SPetty
10-13-2002, 06:14 AM
And then there are those of us who have a job and a limited amount of vacation and insist on going to Vegas, and there just aren't enough vacation days available to do what we really want because we've grown so accustomed to that paycheck...

Karatemom
10-13-2002, 09:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rip:</font><hr> Voodoo, I look forward to meeting up with you and hopefully many more ccb'rs at the DCC. What a great way to start off the new year! The first round is on me! Rip

No rounds for CC - he's such a lightweight!

hahahahahahaha

Heide ~ plans on attending Derby City as well, along with Karate Kid.

Rip
10-13-2002, 09:52 AM
Oops I almost forgot about the infamous disappearing beer spill at the Riv'. The can may have been too heavy so we'll have to restrict CC to Bud LITE ! LOL, Rip

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Karatemom:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Rip:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Voodoo, I look forward to meeting up with you and hopefully many more ccb'rs at the DCC. What a great way to start off the new year! The first round is on me! Rip

No rounds for CC - he's such a lightweight!

hahahahahahaha

Heide ~ plans on attending Derby City as well, along with Karate Kid. <hr></blockquote>

Drake
10-13-2002, 11:42 AM
Count me in!!!

Voodoo Daddy
10-13-2002, 12:24 PM
I understand what your sayin', priority is the key word. My priority is re-dedicating myself to the game I love and putting my game to good use, in L-ville. I'll think of you SPetty while I'm at the Derby...promise.

10-13-2002, 02:06 PM
We'll have to see if there's a power struggle or not....Holly and I would LIKE to be there!

dddd
10-13-2002, 09:24 PM
yep ill be there
all week, playing as much as possible
dddd

BillPorter
10-14-2002, 05:10 PM
Hey, Voodoo...I'm definitely going to Louisville in January. Even thinking of entering the one-pocket just to get a players pass for the whole tournament (and to maybe learn a move or two to improve my one-hole game). I hope I get a chance to say hi to you, I've enjoyed your posts on this board.

Doctor_D
10-14-2002, 05:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Lorri:</font><hr> We'll have to see if there's a power struggle or not....Holly and I would LIKE to be there! <hr></blockquote>

Good evening:

Sounds like Holly will have her hands full in this struggle. Lorri, hard to beat.

/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Dr. D.

10-14-2002, 11:44 PM
I have played in the Derby City Classic for the last three years and I will have to say it is one of the most fun tournaments to attend. This year, not only will I play, but I will have a booth representing my nineballking.com site. I will have many high end cues to choose from, including a thirty year old Tim Scruggs that has not been refinished (It has a dragon scrimshawed into the metal joint). I would like to meet as many CCB's at the Derby and I encourage all who are not sure they are going, to make plans to do otherwise. The Derby City Classic is by far the most fun tournament to attend. Action all night, high level tournament play during the day, plus it has a one pocket and a bank pool division.

Kevin Whitt

Eric.
10-15-2002, 09:14 AM
Wish I could, January is my busiest month. Valley Forge and Vegas are a definate, though.

Eric

Mike H
10-16-2002, 09:05 PM
I'll be down there, playing in the banks and one-hole, maybe I'll even play 9-ball if I start feeling a little feisty before entry fees are due.....