PDA

View Full Version : RUDE

cueball1950
03-04-2002, 10:16 PM
you know,, i think it is rude if you send someone you know a private message and they do not reply. Even if you are only asking a Question or saying hi. If they do not want to be bothered..they should send a reply and say so,,, What do all of you think???...................Mike

Chris Cass
03-04-2002, 10:23 PM
I'm sorry, I was going to the bathroom.
C.C.

cueball1950
03-04-2002, 10:26 PM
Chris...You are funny.. i hope everything came out ok,,, But i am serious.. does it not make you mad if you send someone an email or instant message and they ignore you........mike

03-04-2002, 10:59 PM
Just because you see them online doesn't mean they are at the computer. This happens to me often. I leave mine connected 24/7 and sometimes I see that a friend has sent an IM thinking I am on when I'm not. Then I have to tell them the next time I talk to them that I wasn't ignoring them.

CarolNYC
03-05-2002, 01:11 AM
Yes, Mike,
And I hope you've been getting mine because in the section where it says "sent mesages" I have a zero!
Oh well, but hope you got mine-habe a nice day!
Carol

CarolNYC
03-05-2002, 01:15 AM
I have sent a few private messages and have not received one response from a certain person, so now-FUHGEDDABOUDIT!
Carol

Rod
03-05-2002, 01:52 AM
Well maby Mike, but if their like me they didn't even know they had a private message. I had one here but didn't know about it until I stumbled on to it by accident, two days later. But you are right it is rude if they know. From my experience, some people have stiff underware, you know a little to much starch!

CarolNYC
03-05-2002, 05:14 AM
Rod,
I just have to say, I love that quote-
"Be smooth,better control,more power,less effort!" Thats so true and very cool!
Carol

Rich R.
03-05-2002, 06:55 AM
Mike, don't be too hard on some one that is not responding to you. I was not really familiar with the private message aspect of the new board. After reading this thread, I decided to investigate and I found that I was one of the low life scums, guilty of not responding to private messages.

I now publicly apologize to Carol and Steve for not responding and beg for forgiveness. I will try my best to not let it happen again.

I urge all CCB users to check for your private messages and respond. I would tell you how, but I'm not sure how I did it. Back to investigating, I go. Take notes this time?? Rich R.~~~among the computer illiterate.

SPetty
03-05-2002, 11:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rich R.:</font><hr> I urge all CCB users to check for your private messages and respond. I would tell you how, but I'm not sure how I did it. Back to investigating, I go. Take notes this time?? Rich R.~~~among the computer illiterate. <hr></blockquote>

On the main index page, there will be a little envelope icon to the left of the "Cue Chalk Board" words if you have private mail. Just click on that icon to read the mail.

Hope that helps,

SPetty ~~ doesn't get many PMs

Rod
03-05-2002, 04:26 PM
Thank you Carol, I've always found it to be very true. It also helps bring a calmness, to what can be a frustrating game at times. Then when we add more incorrectly, it turns out to be less. It certaintly doesn't address all problems but it's a good start IMO.

I practice, and have taught a little, "Slow Motion Pool", the concept is to do everything slow, approach, stroke, etc. It's more involved and most people do not have the patience. It's my phrase, but the concept comes from Bobby Locke. He was a Golf champion appx 40's to 60's. He did "everything" slow, including eating and tying his shoes. There is more merit to this than some may think, if you look at the big picture. As for pool, including me, I think we all need to be better prepared and slow down a little. Fran wrote an article two years or so ago about
being prepared for tournaments etc. It's something I do, but I did pick up some good pointers that I overlooked.
Well this is probably more than you wanted to know.
Take care and I'm glad you like it.

CarolNYC
03-05-2002, 06:24 PM
I think it is EXCELLENT Rod, and when I finally get passed 9/12th to first by playing smooth and slow, I will salute you-and I liked everything you said!
Carol~is usually called speedy-but will hear Rod in my mind!:)

Chris Cass
03-06-2002, 01:35 PM
Hi Mike,
I can see if the IM comes up and they don't have time to answer it but atleast have the common courtesy to return and apology Email later.

Jim S. once Emailed me and I never checked the Emails. I was new to the computer thing. I'd get on the CCB after work and had just enough strength left to read some posts and then go to bed. Jim was sure to let me know.

Since then, I've Emailed people and haven't received a response, companies also. It now tics me off. I see your point exactly. Bottom line it's not so much rude as it's a lack of respect.

I've Emailed Jack Justis and had a response the next morning, every time. Also, from Seyberts and I think as far as companies go they are very smart. They respect their patrons and will benefit from it too.

I Emailed Don Rose at AZ Billiards 3 weeks ago. Have yet, to receive an Email in return. Mike H. at AZ would, but I'd say his writing staff doesn't have his business sence.

I once talked to Laurie Franklin at South West Cues, a long time friend. Told her that, I'd Email her later. She told me, I try not to look at the Emails because she'll end up spending, a lot of the day answering them so, told me to call her instead. Go figure.
Regards,
C.C.~~answers every Email because I know what respect is.

heater451
03-06-2002, 01:52 PM
Everyone,

Please consider this, when emailing businesses:

With large corporations, you are more likely to receive a response than with a small one. This is due to the ability of a large business to afford auto-response, a support staff to answer email, or both. A friend of mine used to work email support for a graphic application company--he answered email for 8 hours a day!

At the other end, most small businesses do not have that kind of email support. Plus, if you figure that a 'mom and pop' style of business may get email from hundreds to thousands of customers, but there are only two or three people who answer them, it may take some time to wade through them all. Another issue with these small but established businesses, is that they may have little experience or habit of working with a PC in their everyday affairs, and may not check their email. I have also seen businesses with "mail to" links, which went to a webmaster, or other person, who doesn't appear directly related to the company!

In many cases, I would find it more of a 'bad business practice' (stupid), to encourage an avenue of contact yet not use it, than I would consider it "rude".

Rod
03-06-2002, 03:50 PM
Chris, Don Rose doesn't have a computer. Also as far as I know Don has not written anything for Mike for a long time.
I don't know if they ever see each other or keep in touch. If you want to relay a message, I may see him tonight, no promises. I still have his number somewhere, so let me know.

Chris Cass
03-07-2002, 06:28 AM
Hi Rod,
That would explain it. I would really appreciate it if you would ask him if he ever played at Kelly's ph in Forest Pk. Il.? I was 15 when I met him, if it was and he was awesome. That was 32 yrs ago. Gosh am I old.
C.C.~~never forgets a name of a player.......

Fred Agnir
03-07-2002, 09:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: cueball1950:</font><hr> you know,, i think it is rude if you send someone you know a private message and they do not reply. Even if you are only asking a Question or saying hi. If they do not want to be bothered..they should send a reply and say so,,, What do all of you think???...................Mike <hr></blockquote>

The other day, I was on my home computer when I heard this funny noise coming out of my speakers. It came in intervals of about 30 seconds. Then, the intervals went to 20 sec, 15, 10 and suddenly, about every 5 seconds I would hear this noise.

To make a long story short, my daughter had installed IM, and it automatically launched with her profile when I got on line. This triggered a message down to her little pal down the street who in turn sent my daughter an IM. Since my daughter didn't immediately reply, the girl down the street hit it again. And again. And again.... and again. and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again
and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again
and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again... gettin annoying yet? and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again

Hope this helps.

Fred &lt;~~~ thought it was pretty damned rude.

Chris Cass
03-07-2002, 04:24 PM
Your killing me Fred.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Kid's, ya gotta luv'em.

Rod
03-07-2002, 05:18 PM
Chris, sure I'll do that for you. If that was 32yrs ago, then Don Would have been about 35. I know he played in Il because he was from Chicago. I saw him last night and we fooled around with some shots that do come up, and are hard to execute, unless you use the right stroke. Although he doesn't play like he use to, he still hits those specialty strokes purty good.