PDA

View Full Version : Table cloth

10-13-2002, 06:49 PM
I have purchased a Valley 7' table and would like input on which cloth to use and why. Locally the percentage of rooms using Simonis is probably 3% vs 97% some other type.

Chris Cass
10-13-2002, 08:50 PM
My choice is Championship Murcury Ultra in which I'm thinking they changed the name to Tournament 2000 Cloth. The factory number for the Murcury Ultra is #3040.

Why? I choose Championship cloth because it lasts a little longer, plays in comparison to Simonis 860 and because it's cheaper. The Championship "Murcury Ultra" or the new Championship "Tournament 2000" cloth is perfect for Valley Bar tables. Unfortunately for some, it only comes in green. I on the other hand only like green cloth.

JMHO,

C.C.~~doesn't work for Championship.

10-13-2002, 09:05 PM
Thanks Chris. I am going to take your advice.

Brent
10-13-2002, 11:59 PM
Wise choice...lol

10-14-2002, 08:00 AM
I went through this when I bought my table in April. The choice really depends what you will be doing. If you plan on staying home, you might as well get Simonis or something similar. A cloth with a high percentage of worsted wool is a real pleasure to play on.
If you plan on practicing at home for local tournaments or leagues, then I would highly recommend playing on a similar cloth to the tables you'll be playing on. I have Mali cloth on my table. It has held up well. I have 6 people in my family and the table sees alot of use. I brush it often and I have noticed very little pilling. The cloth was pretty fast at first but has "calmed down" a little. It plays very close to the bar/ph tables in my area. CB control is so crucial in pool. Chances are, you'll be more consistent if your table at home plays like the tables you'll be playing on when you go out.