PDA

View Full Version : one pocket in Newzealand

Vagabond
03-04-2002, 11:44 PM
Hello Mates,
I posted on this topic two or three days ago and I don`t find this in CCB.I donot know whether it did not get through because of my poor skils in operating the computer or the web master removed this like my other post for reasons unclear to me.
Many players here have not heard the existence of such a game called one pocket.Few top pro s heard about it but they do not know the nuances of the game.I introduced the game to some top pro s here in Auckland.At this time I am not sure whether they are liking the game or not.I wish Grady`s tapes are available to these players.I don`t know whether those American made tapes work here.I am hoping to introduce this game to as many players as possible.
Yesterday they finished their National championships in 9 Ball.A 15 year old girl won the womens National 9 ball.
Vagabond

dave
03-05-2002, 09:59 AM
If you scroll to the bottom, you'll see that we now have several pages of posts. They moved your original to page 2. :-)

heater451
03-05-2002, 11:07 AM
What's happening is what Scott calls "To The Top" (TTT).

Say the index has a list of posts like this:

--1a
----2a-
------2b
-------3a
---------4a
-----------5a
--1a
----2a
------3a
--------4a

--1a
----2a
------3a
--------3b

If a reply is made 'inside' post #3, it jumps to the top of the index. So the index would now look like this:

--1a
----2a
------3a
------3b
--------<font color=red>4a</font color=red>

--1a
----2a-
------2b
-------3a
---------4a
-----------5a
--1a
----2a
------3a
--------4a

I've gotten somewhat used to it, and I understand that it pushes 'useless' posts off the board (farther down the board, that is), but I think some posts get forced down that are interesting, but don't necessarily require any replies.

Also, the more 'me too' and 'you go girl/boy' posts add to the moving of "actual content" posts.

Luckily, the search function works pretty well. . . .

03-05-2002, 03:26 PM
IF you switch your viewing options to "Flat" this type of format is so much easier to follow. Then when someone replies to the topic it comes back to the top of the first index page. When you open the post the topics read like a book. with the newest post being at the bottom. If you have been following a post it will take you right to the replies you have not yet read. This is in flat mode only.